What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Amone

Sorry, just for clarification, Amone is on house arrest currently is he not?
Not quite in practice:

He’s allowed to leave his place of residence for club related events such as training etc so he can be out and about. There could be some other reasons too.

For interests sake, as for the alleged Amone camera footage disappearing, depending on the circumstances, this section might apply:

18F27FB4-BFEC-4BDF-9F6F-2B9098C1ADEE.jpeg
Source: Austlii.

I thought a neighbour had the most compelling footage, not the Amones, but I’d wonder if the prosecution can make this tampering thing out as well insofar as the Amones stuff is said to have disappeared off the face of the earth shortly after the event.

Then again, the charges are already so serious, it might be a pointless exercise.

The dad denied anything happened at first blush I think.

But the footage shows otherwise.

I think the Amones are stuck with it, even if roofie wants out.

The stupidity and ignorance of it all is mind blowing. It defies any kind of rational thought.

The Police view the footage, then they interview the Dad and if he does answer, they can tell pretty quickly if he’s bullshitting.

And if he’s bullshitting, it helps their case no end.

Last edited:
Let’s see if either of the tradies agrees to give evidence

Given the nefarious connections of Amone senior, the tradies may have second thoughts
Yeah I thought about that, but @Gareth67 and others have seen the footage and I think the cops can go with that and other stuff no matter what tradie and co decide.

I understand your point though and it happens every now and then, but bad luck for Amones and co there’s footage.

The Bikers sacred code has no secret power this time.

Last edited:
Brooks will have a blinder this year, he’ll finally come good under Benjis tutelage.
Tigers fans have cause for optimism.
I think you’re more optimistic than our entire club!
He’s back ended in 2023 @ $1m. We’ve got a semblance of a pack, but it’s “bears dancing on barrels” for the halves and backline atm.

Fingers crossed and pray to the great magpie in the sky.

Our Board is still worse than yours, at least we win that one.

Yeah I thought about that, but @Gareth67 and others have seen the footage and I think the cops can go with that and other stuff no matter what tradie and co decide.

I understand your point though and it happens every now and then, but bad luck for Amones and co there’s footage.

The Bikers sacred code has no secret power this time.
SP, the standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt.

Unsure whether the video captured the whole incident. If not, there is some doubt.

SP, the standard of proof is beyond reasonable doubt.

Unsure whether the video captured the whole incident. If not, there is some doubt.
Its beyond a reasonable doubt, yes, but I understand the footage makes out the elements of the offence.

If the witness (victim) won’t co-operate with the Police, they will declare him hostile and the prosecution will be able to cross examine him.

And roofie has to tell the truth on the stand.

If he’s made a statement and sworn it’s true at the cop shop, now changes he’s tune, he could be in trouble.

And his chances of him now being believed “nothing happened” in the face of the footage and other corroborating evidence are probably remote.

If he resiles or gets nervous, the prosecution will really pound him. They are very smart, experienced, learned and they are tough. They will eat him alive.

Would they threaten to charge their own victim if he ratted on them? They could couldn’t they? He could go to gaol himself if he stuffs thearound I think. I’d have to check.

If you’re the defence, you might want to try to get that footage struck out. I don’t know how though. Is there a loophole?

Beyond a reasonable doubt is achieved 93% of the time, something like that. The ease at which it’s reached, depends on the case. But it’s not hard to be charged or convicted overall. The cops get it right most of the time.

I think he gets the chance to have it dealt with via judge or jury?

Theres a lot of water to flow under the bridge.

I don’t know whether he’s guilty or not, the legal system will decide that.

I expressed my concern about him losing his composure previously.

I don’t wish him any personal harm (or the dad, I couldn’t care less if he’s a bikie) but he must face justice.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
For once we retained a player and it has bitten us well and truly on the arse.

I wonder if Mr Burns found out about this stuff and then went cold on any further pursuit of Amone?

Would have been a nice stitch up for the Dolphin's inaugural season.

Latest posts