What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If perth is such a can't miss home run for nrl expansion..?!

Canard

Immortal
It's the QRL's job to develop rugby league from juniors to seniors across Queensland. They've been derelict in their duties over the last 20 years. There shouldn't be a team from NSW in the Queensland Cup.

I'm keen to see what you were offering them, to get the team up and running.

The_Wookie

Bench
Wookiw exposed himself as a troll. He's spent weeks arguing that all revenue counts, regardless of whether it's from football operations or gaming machines and the governing body. Using his logic the revenue from Twiggy counts just as much. The fact he's trying to rewrite the rules proves he doesn't believe the shit he says and is just looking to join he circle-jerk.

Wookie = Troll

I literally responded with "wat". Seriously it was the entire post. Its right there. Even you can read it.

Wookie didnt say anything about Twiggys revenue there chief. Nor did I make any comment rewriting or backtracking anything,

Soooo... once more, full of shit.

The_Wookie

Bench
The people who call for the Titans to be kicked out are insular NSWRL fans who support clubs that draw even smaller crowds.

Under the same criteria youve drawn up for the Sydney clubs, Id have thought the Titans would have been toast,. I mean they were literally taken over by the NRL after they had their license effectively revoked there for a little while. I mean they were literally in administration.

Wait does this make YOU a troll.

The_Wookie

Bench
Perth v Newcastle A League. 3.8k

A bit of context required on that. They've spent the whole season playing at Macedonia Park while HBF is being worked on - capacity 4,000. They are running that at 96% capacity for the season.

Iamback

Coach
Under the same criteria youve drawn up for the Sydney clubs, Id have thought the Titans would have been toast,. I mean they were literally taken over by the NRL after they had their license effectively revoked there for a little while. I mean they were literally in administration.

That is why caution is needed about when to expand

Iamback

Coach
A bit of context required on that. They've spent the whole season playing at Macedonia Park while HBF is being worked on - capacity 4,000. They are running that at 96% capacity for the season.

last year wasn't much better, It isn't as easy as people love Cricket and AFL so will go to any sport.

It will a hard slog for whoever is next up

Iamback

Coach
Indeed it will be tough.

I don't know your age but I am old enough to remember the hype the Reds came with.

24k to the 1st game beat the competition favourites. Ended up averaging 11k in 1995
8k for the next 2 seasons.

That with the Warriors and Titans issues are why I want to see caution before we expand next whenever that is

Wb1234

Referee
Did you count the people in the top deck?
I mean it’s pretty hard to see those upper decks

plus the game is down below not up in the sky

but hey if you travelled all the way from Perth to attend a rugby league game in Sydney and you prefer to spend your time crowd watching it’s really your prerogative

Wb1234

Referee
Great name for a soccer stadium in Australia

Bukowski

Juniors
I don't know your age but I am old enough to remember the hype the Reds came with.

24k to the 1st game beat the competition favourites. Ended up averaging 11k in 1995
8k for the next 2 seasons.

That with the Warriors and Titans issues are why I want to see caution before we expand next whenever that is
Yeah I was around that time, in Sydney. 4 new clubs was way too ambitious, then superleague happened. Crowds dropped off massively everywhere so it's hard to use events back then to gauge anything. The reds Crowds during that time beat a few other teams, they weren't at the bottom.
Caution will be taken by the NRL and any investor of the club . If it doesnt stack up then it doesn't stack up. But the reason's not to go to Perth bandied about here are ridiculous , not by you btw.
Glory, force, gws..... that's all bull and that crap will be challenged.

Bukowski

Juniors
I mean it’s pretty hard to see those upper decks

plus the game is down below not up in the sky

but hey if you travelled all the way from Perth to attend a rugby league game in Sydney and you prefer to spend your time crowd watching it’s really your prerogative
Are you in a neck brace?
So when you got home...

Your cat
'how was the game?
You
'Good'.

Cat
'Big crowd?'
You
'How the hell would I know? Just lick the peanut butter'

I literally responded with "wat". Seriously it was the entire post. Its right there. Even you can read it.

Wookie didnt say anything about Twiggys revenue there chief. Nor did I make any comment rewriting or backtracking anything,

Soooo... once more, full of shit.
Why did you say "wat"(sic) to @Perth Red's post?

Force are owned by a billionaire. Using your logic that makes them the richest sports club in Australia.

You're trolling again!

You know that the Titans' woes were caused by the global financial crisis breaking out around the time they invested in their Centre of Excellence. It was unfortunate and broke the club.

The ridiculously high stadium rental fees they were slugged with made them unviable because they needed to draw about 18k fans to each game to be in the black. If the Sydney clubs were slugged with enormous stadium rental fees like this then they would also be f**ked because the majority of them don't get close to averaging 18k people through the gates.

Titans have never relied upon gaming machine revenue to get by because they have class.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tell me you don’t know hbf stadium is unavailable without telling me lol

The_Wookie

Bench
Why did you say "wat"(sic) to @Perth Red's post?

Force are owned by a billionaire. Using your logic that makes them the richest sports club in Australia.

You're trolling again!

You know that the Titans' woes were caused by the global financial crisis breaking out around the time they invested in their Centre of Excellence. It was unfortunate and broke the club.

The ridiculously high stadium rental fees they were slugged with made them unviable because they needed to draw about 18k fans to each game to be in the black. If the Sydney clubs were slugged with enormous stadium rental fees like this then they would also be f**ked because the majority of them don't get close to averaging 18k people through the gates.

Titans have never relied upon gaming machine revenue to get by because they have class.

Im not trolling at all. The Titans were literally unviable - the reason is irrelevant. And I mean literally in Administration, not just by cherry picking revenues I dont like. According to your own standards, the Titans should be non existent. Instead they literally had to be bailed out and literally taken over by the league. That shouldnt happen according to you.

Wb1234

Referee
Im not trolling at all. The Titans were literally unviable - the reason is irrelevant. And I mean literally in Administration, not just by cherry picking revenues I dont like. According to your own standards, the Titans should be non existent. Instead they literally had to be bailed out and literally taken over by the league. That shouldnt happen according to you.
Like the knights the nrl wrote off the money it sunk into both teams which from memory was around 15 million dollars

can you imagine the scandal if a Sydney club borrowed 15 mill from the arlc and it then got written off

Latest posts