What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine commentary and presentation

Did anyone see the great stuff up on Sunday's Footy Show when they put up its scoreboard graphics for the Broncos v Storm match? Whilst it had all the scorers correct (as in try scorers, goal scorers etc), it had the Storm winning the match 26 - 12 :p

Colk

First Grade
Seriously league coverage is really the pits. Taking Nine for example, most of the time is spent denigrating the game.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Not to completely rubbish the players but....

Time to completely rubbish the players. I really wish that both 9 and Fox would stop showing close ups of the players at every spare moment. They are disgusting. Every time the camera is on them they are spitting or snotting out a nostril or similar. I've seen some pretty disgusted reactions from women in the room especially and some mention that it turns them off watching.

Show a replay, or the fans or a drone shot of the stadium or the defensive line resetting. Just stop showing close ups of the players all the time. I feel the same about cameras in change rooms. Give them some privacy...for everyone's sake.

Colk

First Grade
It’s a dog’s breakfast aligning with the games expansion strategy.

Look another Queensland team is a chance, possibly even the biggest, but there are a few hurdles in it. It wouldn’t be popular with the clubs I would think. There’s also essentially no smoke - it is not really being talked about it in the same sense as PNG, NZ 2 or Perth.

Pneuma

First Grade
Look another Queensland team is a chance, possibly even the biggest, but there are a few hurdles in it. It wouldn’t be popular with the clubs I would think. There’s also essentially no smoke - it is not really being talked about it in the same sense as PNG, NZ 2 or Perth.
Agreed

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hey do not dis the Santiago Dolphins.

The fans in Maui will call to the Guam Dolphins.

ALX25

Bench
Mr Vautin will need to be more professional next round. I suspect 9 bosses will be having a quiet word with him in regard to respect towards surnames. We don't want another Moylan fiasco.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
It seems that Nine have settled on a combination of Andrew Johns and Billy Slater and I have decided that I can live with that.
Personally I can`t stand Andrew Johns, he seems to relish the fact that he is an uneducated numbskull, but I understand that he is popular and a lot of people think that he is some kind of Rugby League analytical genius although I find he is a one-trick pony week after week having very little original to say and the hyperbole is very tiresome.
The saving grace for me is Billy Slater, all class, intelligent, original and very perceptive.
My only fear is if he leaves to take the Melbourne job, god knows who`ll they team up with Johns then.

Wb1234

Referee
It seems that Nine have settled on a combination of Andrew Johns and Billy Slater and I have decided that I can live with that.
Personally I can`t stand Andrew Johns, he seems to relish the fact that he is an uneducated numbskull, but I understand that he is popular and a lot of people think that he is some kind of Rugby League analytical genius although I find he is a one-trick pony week after week having very little original to say and the hyperbole is very tiresome.
The saving grace for me is Billy Slater, all class, intelligent, original and very perceptive.
My only fear is if he leaves to take the Melbourne job, god knows who`ll they team up with Johns then.
Your harsh on the 8th

I wish he joined his brother on fox his analysis is excellent

if Kerry packer was alive today he would be blowing up their rugby league coverage