What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
Haha!!!

they should either use the PTP or drop 2 field positions from 15 to 13 and still be different.
You probably know this but in case you don’t …

The idea for 13 players and a ptb were discussed by the rfu and rejected (pre 1895)

when the northern union was formed all they did was revive rule changes that the other rugby side had rejected

Brian potter

Bench
So you are admitting you were wrong, since they aren't rule changes, they are trial rules.

Well we are know you are wrong, so that's all that matters.
So why are they trialling those rule changes then?

still nothing on the wellington crowd figure mate?

Te Kaha

First Grade
So why are they trialling those rule changes then?

still nothing on the wellington crowd figure mate?

Geez are you thick? seriously? I have already stated, they are trialing rules to cut down on time wasting during games, Like the NRL did around forming scrums.

I know the crowd, you don't. You made a claim that was clearly wrong and aren't smart enough to back it up, even after being told where to find the figure. Sucks to be you.

Brian potter

Bench
Geez are you thick? seriously? I have already stated, they are trialing rules to cut down on time wasting during games, Like the NRL did around forming scrums.
so to encourage more in-ball time play for attacking rugby away from the structured set piece plays?
I know the crowd, you don't. You made a claim that was clearly wrong and aren't smart enough to back it up, even after being told where to find the figure. Sucks to be you.
but….but you were quick enough to quote me on the blues v crusaders crowd figure mate.

im guessing that it wasn’t much bigger than the out of town warriors crowd?

Last edited:

Brian potter

Bench
You probably know this but in case you don’t …

The idea for 13 players and a ptb were discussed by the rfu and rejected (pre 1895)

when the northern union was formed all they did was revive rule changes that the other rugby side had rejected
True visionists.

Gobsmacked

Bench
I remember about 15 years ago on a snowboarding trip to Queenstown we all decided to go to the pub to watch the All blacks ( because when in Rome..) I clearly remember trying to get into the game. Then they'd boot the ball out.. a massive wait for them to form a line out.. start talking amongst ourselves.. then penalty... another wait .. then another boot out or something.. ad break while the set that went for an eternity! I legitimately forgot what I was watching, we'd moved on to talking amongst ourselves ( not about the 20 minutes of nothing!) Then it came back on and something else caused a stoppage and I was just standing there dumbfounded as to why the f**k people watched that rubbish. I couldn't work it out 🤷‍♂️ that was the last game I watched.
It sucks.
It really sucks! And slowly people are realising..why the hell am I watching this? The same decline that is happening for the Melbourne cup..everyone watches it... because everyone watches it.. but eventually people start to wonder why?

Te Kaha

First Grade
so to encourage more in-ball time play for attacking rugby away from the structured set piece plays?

I'll type it again, and slower this time so you might finally understand. They... are.. trying.. to... get... rid.. of... time.. wasting. As usual, what you posted doesn't resemble the truth.

but….but you were quick enough to quote me on the blues v crusaders crowd figure mate.

im guessing that it wasn’t much bigger than the out of town warriors crowd?

And since you aren't smart enough to actually find the real figure, you will continue to guess, and guess wrong.

Matua

Bench
NRL clubs sign many highly rated 1st 15 schoolboy talent.
How about you name a few of them?

maybe his talents are more suited to league? Maybe he was a late developer? Maybe NZR clubs can’t sign everyone?
Possibly and yep, but the fact is he wanted an academy spot and didn't get one. (NZR has provinces not clubs).

yes RL is a struggling sport in NZ and can rightly be described as a niche sport in various parts of the country which makes the large number of kiwi born players in the NRL system even more remarkable and shows that there is more room for expansion.
The large number of Kiwi born players just shows we have a lot of players, that doesn't mean it will lead to expansion success (and again for the thread I'm not against another team, just the delusion being promoted alongside it and a wish for a focus on sorting out the domestic game).

As for the warriors not out rating super rugby clubs again they(warriors) have been dog turd for a decade or so.
Even when the Warriors are doing well they get out rated by Super outside of the odd big game like a semi or grand final.

Matua

Bench
I remember about 15 years ago on a snowboarding trip to Queenstown we all decided to go to the pub to watch the All blacks ( because when in Rome..) I clearly remember trying to get into the game. Then they'd boot the ball out.. a massive wait for them to form a line out.. start talking amongst ourselves.. then penalty... another wait .. then another boot out or something.. ad break while the set that went for an eternity! I legitimately forgot what I was watching, we'd moved on to talking amongst ourselves ( not about the 20 minutes of nothing!) Then it came back on and something else caused a stoppage and I was just standing there dumbfounded as to why the f**k people watched that rubbish. I couldn't work it out 🤷‍♂️ that was the last game I watched.
It sucks.
It really sucks! And slowly people are realising..why the hell am I watching this? The same decline that is happening for the Melbourne cup..everyone watches it... because everyone watches it.. but eventually people start to wonder why?
You know there's an equally deluded rugby fan on a forum who is the mirror image of you talking about how league is six hit ups, where they have a drink everytime the game stops for each tackle, and then a hopeful high kick

They don't understand league (on purpose), you don't understand rugby (on purpose).

As a fan of both, they can both have boring games and both have exciting games. It's silly to pretend otherwise.

You're on a league forum and you're wasting your time punching shadows about some random game 15 years ago. Odd.

Gobsmacked

Bench
You know there's an equally deluded rugby fan on a forum who is the mirror image of you talking about how league is six hit ups, where they have a drink everytime the game stops for each tackle, and then a hopeful high kick

They don't understand league (on purpose), you don't understand rugby (on purpose).

As a fan of both, they can both have boring games and both have exciting games. It's silly to pretend otherwise.

You're on a league forum and you're wasting your time punching shadows about some random game 15 years ago. Odd.
You keep telling yourself that mate.
Meanwhile RU are actively trying to resolve this issue..
To .. you know.. make it more like League 🤷‍♂️

Wb1234

Referee
How about you name a few of them?

Possibly and yep, but the fact is he wanted an academy spot and didn't get one. (NZR has provinces not clubs).

The large number of Kiwi born players just shows we have a lot of players, that doesn't mean it will lead to expansion success (and again for the thread I'm not against another team, just the delusion being promoted alongside it and a wish for a focus on sorting out the domestic game).

Even when the Warriors are doing well they get out rated by Super outside of the odd big game like a semi or grand final.
No that’s not true

when the warriors did well they match the all blacks ratings forget about super rugby

Wb1234

Referee

Union is rugby league from the 60s with unlimited tackles but a zero metre from the ruck rule vs ten metres in league

Matua

Bench
No that’s not true

when the warriors did well they match the all blacks ratings forget about super rugby
In finals, they got very close once in 2002, but during the normal season they don't and they don't rate higher than the NZ teams in Super rugby.

Wb1234

Referee
In finals, they got very close once in 2002, but during the normal season they don't and they don't rate higher than the NZ teams in Super rugby.
Go on then what are the figures

the reports I’ve read say the league ratings are excellent

Wally Bachara

Juniors
Can you help your mate out I think he’s stuck

super rugby games what are their tv ratings
Well you mention every other sport on each post you do on here so surely you know.. You honestly think RL is booming everywhere don't you?
Did you see that attempt of a World Cup last year? The one where there was zero sellouts and zero travelling fans to watch players from the heartlands of 3 countries play for countries they can't locate on a map?

Latest posts