What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
Let me guess. It’s PRs endless positivity and the way he talks up the game that makes him so adorable?. Can I assume we can add to that his love of Sydney teams and their stable income streams? And his alignment with GROTD (they agree about everything) enhances his appeal?
Nah the positivity in expansion of the game..
Not all the other garbage, grotd is just a bitter little turd, and wants to burn the NRL down, attacks anything releated to nswrl, infact im going to just start posting a pic of that beautiful badge from now on

Wb1234

Referee
Nah the positivity in expansion of the game..
Not all the other garbage, grotd is just a bitter little turd, and wants to burn the NRL down, attacks anything releated to nswrl, infact im going to just start posting a pic of that beautiful badge from now on
What positivity

he talks down any bid that isn’t Perth and has turned most of the forum against Perth

he’s only interested in expansion bc it gives him an nrl club

Wb1234

Referee
The first Brisbane derby (ignoring the Crushers) would have drawn a sell-out no matter which club got the second Brisbane license.

The crowd last night isn't sustainable either, not in the short-mid term at least. It was pumped up by the novelty effect and the event of the occasion. Give it a few years, and one or both of the sides struggling, and that attendance will start to drop. Don't get me wrong, the derbies will still be the biggest game of each club's season, but it won't sell out (more or less) forever.

It was also extremely convenient that both clubs went into the game unbeaten, but we won't get into that...

I also think that it's more likely than not that adding another club into the mix so soon would probably just water down the secret sauce.

I also found the whole build up and way the game was presented to be very astroturfed, and cringy at times as well. They (the NRL, Nine, Fox, other media) tried to make it out to be something that it's not, at least not yet, instead of just allowing it to grow into whatever it's going turn out to be organically.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They tried to push the game as some great rivalry, Australia's answer to the Old Firm if you will, when it simply hasn't had the time to develop into said rivalry.

It was contrived, unnecessary, and at times cringy. The fact that they thought it was necessary at all, shows that they don't really understand what makes the great rivalries great in the first place; genuine disdain, or even hatred, for the other party built up through a shared history. None of that was shown last night, it was all false bravado and peacocking for the camera, not that there's anything wrong with that BTW. I wouldn't expect anything less from the first instalment in a new derby.

That crowd, and the undoubtably high ratings, would have showed up no matter what. No manufactured "controversy" or other BS was necessary, and hopefully they learn from that in the future and spare us of it.

Nah, you just spent too much time in the special needs class to understand what was being said again, and were too lazy to inquire further before throwing accusations and insults about.
Apart from your fragile self this harmed what and who else?

As usual whinging for the sake of whinging .

Cronulla Sharks --> Brisbane Sharks

Queenslanders: No, not like that!

Why is @MugaB against the idea of merging Penrith with the Bears?

If Queenslanders should accept a Sutherland-based club and invest their time and money in it -- despite the fact Sutherland has rejected it at the commercial level for almost 60 years -- then why the f**k aren't the housos from Penrith willing to spend their fortnightly Centrelink payments on the Bears?

I mean polites was calling for an expanded comp and clubs like the titans were against the addition of more qld nrl teams as was the qrl

Isn't there a shit load of housos from Sydney on this board pushing for the Roosters to be kicked out over a lack of juniors?

MugaB

Coach
Why is @MugaB against the idea of merging Penrith with the Bears?

If Queenslanders should accept a Sutherland-based club and invest their time and money in it -- despite the fact Sutherland has rejected it at the commercial level for almost 60 years -- then why the f**k aren't the housos from Penrith willing to spend their Centrelink money on the Bears?
@Get Rid of The Donkeys youre a dumb houso from bumf**k backward assed logan
NSW.jpg
This is where this comp started, get use to it fkwt

MugaB

Coach
Now isn’t that beautiful

the mother of rugby league in Australia now
My favourite badge, the best was when it on the inagural Brisbane Broncos beautiful yellow jersey, the blue just pops
wallybronx.jpg
Screenshot_20230325-170839_Samsung Internet.jpg

Im not even a brisbane fan, and i think thats the best RL jersey ever created

The education system in Western Sydney leaves a lot to be desired.

The atrocious spelling and grammar of @MugaB and @Wb1234 sums it up.

Instead of wasting money on stadia that will rarely draw a crowd, the NSW Government should teach housos like @MugaB and @Wb1234 the wonders of reading and writing at a satisfactory level so they can get a job.

taipan

Referee
Good coach ,a clueless individual when it comes to lessons of history. SL war(culling clubs) did more damage to the game than Bennett understands. We don't need anymore Sydney culls unless a club is so far down the gurgle they have to go.
The Dolphins intro was a brilliantly successful move no question.That being said ,the club needs time to consolidate itself after the euphoria settles down.Bennett is still drunk from the initial Dolphin's success, remember happy Jack , when clubs go through crap times is the real test of survivability.

Brisbane has gained a new club , now it's time for the 18 team and I humbly suggest (but keep it a secret from PR) a Perth side.Call them the Perth Bears, whatever, then when it's time for a 19th team ,go to Brisbane to the West of the city.As far as a 20th side goes forget Melbourne, forget NZ, either a PNG side which would have 2 Govt support or Adelaide (but geez that's at least 10 years away.

Pneuma

First Grade
Good coach ,a clueless individual when it comes to lessons of history. SL war(culling clubs) did more damage to the game than Bennett understands. We don't need anymore Sydney culls unless a club is so far down the gurgle they have to go.
The Dolphins intro was a brilliantly successful move no question.That being said ,the club needs time to consolidate itself after the euphoria settles down.Bennett is still drunk from the initial Dolphin's success, remember happy Jack , when clubs go through crap times is the real test of survivability.

Brisbane has gained a new club , now it's time for the 18 team and I humbly suggest (but keep it a secret from PR) a Perth side.Call them the Perth Bears, whatever, then when it's time for a 19th team ,go to Brisbane to the West of the city.As far as a 20th side goes forget Melbourne, forget NZ, either a PNG side which would have 2 Govt support or Adelaide (but geez that's at least 10 years away.
Great post mate

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Yep and leave that beautiful cultivated nursery of 6000 players to the ever adept St George Dragons who are such a fine tuned club. Pure genius. FMD
Sorry bro I just think they make the most sense. Small fanbase and stains can service the area all the way to the gong.

Pneuma

First Grade
Sorry bro I just think they make the most sense. Small fanbase and stains can service the area all the way to the gong.
Leaving that nursery to a pack of buffoons who’ve basically killed their juniors in their local district isn’t smart. St George’s fan base appears once a year on Anzac Day. Their glory days are over.

Latest posts