What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't we ever "raid" Union?

bazza

Immortal
The reality is our game is small fry outside Australia compared to union. Why would union players switch, absolutely no need for them to do so.
only reason union players would switch would be
- they want to play in the NRL
- they can't get a pro gig in union and want to stay in Australia/NZ

pims

Juniors
The reality is our game is small fry outside Australia compared to union. Why would union players switch, absolutely no need for them to do so.
Every european kid wants to go for a gap year in Australia travelling the outback at some point in their early life, you could advertise that

taste2taste

Juniors
The top Union talent will come over in droves when league takes over in America!
That's going to happen next year with Round Zero right ? :D

taste2taste

Juniors
I can't bring myself to watch this but I'm guessing it's full of the usual rugby drivel ?
Rugby is a truly global game played in over 100 countries
The RUWC is the 2nd biggest sporting event on the planet
Rugby has more than 800milion ( 10% of the planets population ) fans world wide.
Play rugby and you'll be globally famous

If an ex rugby player says it , it must be correct...

Exsilium

First Grade
The appetite for RU to poach sizable wingers with speed, will always be there.

I don't think RU is an direct threat but the Super Rugby sides have diversified their talent well and are bringing in some good players through their junior networks. Look at the Tahs, heaps of young talent, just not converting it on the field but they invested heavily in their juniors and youth players from other clubs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Europe's a big place, they only place Rugby in the UK, south of France and a couple of universities in Italy...if you play Rugby you'd see about 0.5% of Europe.
You’d see a lot more of Europe living there and playing rugby for a couple of seasons than you would staying here and just going there on holiday

Wb1234

Referee
You do realise you can play league professionally in England and France don't you ?
When they say see Europe are they talking about bath or Salford ? League has a club in the south of France

when people wanna visit Europe it’s places like Croatia or Greek islands not bath or Salford

soc123_au

Staff member
You would target Womens Tennis or Dancing with the stars auditions before raiding yawnion.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Couldnt care less.
Couldnt give a shit.

Nobodies commenting on a dying code.
Man that's some but hurt Union guys ! 😂
Went after Brandon Smith and called him stupid 😂 and it was only days ago I think it was the head of RA with the vitriol.
I thought we were dealing with trolls here but they are rightly completely insecure right now and it's really coming off as pathetic right across the board.

Gobsmacked

Bench
You’d see a lot more of Europe living there and playing rugby for a couple of seasons than you would staying here and just going there on holiday
Space monkey! League players have been going to England at the back of their career since the end of time. Some do in the south of France and learn French ffs

BODISGOD

Bench
When they say see Europe are they talking about bath or Salford ? League has a club in the south of France

when people wanna visit Europe it’s places like Croatia or Greek islands not bath or Salford
It has two pro clubs. The top coin is in the NRL. You can earn top coin in the Top 14 and a pretty good salary in Pro D2- it’s a lot more lucrative and simply has more spots.