What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First coach sacking 2023?

This Year?

Immortal
I've just put the last 4 posters on ignore and reported their posts.

WpTS.gif

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Stephen Kearney looks to be getting the Dragons job
You’d think Kearney would’ve accepted that he’s found his ceiling as Bellamy’s favoured Assistant coach by now. Given he’s obviously got the job as long as Bellyache is around that’s hardly a failed career.

Frailty

First Grade
Why? Those 2 stupid kicks one before half time and one after half time were not needed. Just gave all the momentum to the Broncos. Titans are getting there. But stupid decisions in match aren't on the coach.
Holbrook should be sacked for continuing to play Tanah Boyd. Guy is the closest thing to another Luke Brooks.

MugaB

Coach
did you just forget what happened at the sharks under his watch?
You could argue the guy should have received a lifetime coaching ban for what he oversaw.
He took them from being a bottom feeding ladder dweller to a premiership, their first ever... all that other shit was bad governance from the club, theyve fixed that now, and leaving a coach to do ALL the work himself will get those results, think dogs Hasler, think tigers Cleary, if your putting all that faith in one man to run a whole operation, there's bound to be corners cut...
As for Shane he walks into any club and gets them top8 within a season or two

nick87

Coach
“Bad governance” and “corners cut”

Are you his manager?!
I doubt even his wife would give him the pass that you’re attempting here.

Between the doping scandal, the widespread salary cap rorts and his failure to adhere to the punishments handed down for his role in that, this is not a man I’d want as a leader of my organisation. His character and integrity is forever stained

MugaB

Coach
“Bad governance” and “corners cut”

Are you his manager?!
I doubt even his wife would give him the pass that you’re attempting here.

Between the doping scandal, the widespread salary cap rorts and his failure to adhere to the punishments handed down for his role in that, this is not a man I’d want as a leader of my organisation. His character and integrity is forever stained
He produced results... im fairly sure dragons and tigers would rather have that than the basketcases theyve been lately

chrisD

Coach
Listening to his commentary f**k knows how he did get results. But he did and I suppose the best bet of those available.

Maximus

Coach
He took them from being a bottom feeding ladder dweller to a premiership, their first ever... all that other shit was bad governance from the club, theyve fixed that now, and leaving a coach to do ALL the work himself will get those results, think dogs Hasler, think tigers Cleary, if your putting all that faith in one man to run a whole operation, there's bound to be corners cut...
As for Shane he walks into any club and gets them top8 within a season or two

He directly introduced Dank to the players and told them to trust what he was giving them, then when the Sharks got named he lied and claimed that Dank never had contact with the players. And you are suggesting that is not Flanagan's fault, it is poor governance from the club?

He produced results... im fairly sure dragons and tigers would rather have that than the basketcases theyve been lately

I'd rather be a basketcase than a drug cheat.

Wizardman

First Grade
As a Tigers fan, I'll take being a basket case over being a cheat as well.

There are two major things going against Flanagan being the head coach of an NRL club.

1) As Nick87 pointed out earlier, he clearly has a rightfully shitty reputation. A hard sell for fans, sponsors etc. I also think he is bloody lucky not to be banned for life.

2) He has a son who is a NSW Cup tier halfback. You just get the feeling that if the club he goes to has a halfback opening, he would recruit his son. It would be hard for the management of that club to say no to him for that reason therefore causing unneccessary unrest.

nick87

Coach
Also go and watch those sharks teams
They were one of the nigglyist, negative footy side you’ll see and credit it to them, the played it well. They dragged teams into the gutter and were better at it than them. They certainly got under the raiders skin every time they played and beat the shit out of us whilst doing it

And they won a comp… which is great…

But does anyone think that style of footy wins today? Let me tell you as a fan of a team that coached the same way, built around negative, conservative footy and being “tough”
It don’t play in 2023 with the rule changes we’ve seen since that time. Flanagan would have to coach an entirely different style to the one he won with in todays game… maybe he can do it, but that’s no sure thing at all

Latest posts