What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern Bears

greenBV4

Bench
Hey Perth red and the other Melbourne Mong we’re putting crap on the bears

fairs fair to point out how poorly the storm are doing
Never put crap on the bears, just said some fans need to get over the fact the NRL rightly saw more value in a team in Melbourne than a struggling Sydney club (the bears)

Something centy is obviously still sore about

Centy Coast

Juniors
Are you having a bad day mate? Explain to me how a club with 118 teams in a small corner of Sydney will produce more nrl players than one in a major city which has a booming junior base of over 250 teams? I know you hate the storm but show a bit more sense than this.
Easy, spell it with me A F L
The Storm will always get their players from NSW, QLD and the Pacific Islands.

Wb1234

Referee
Never put crap on the bears, just said some fans need to get over the fact the NRL rightly saw more value in a team in Melbourne than a struggling Sydney club (the bears)

Hahha wrong as usual

news ltd saw more value in a team in Melbourne than Perth

greenBV4

Bench
Again silence ?, how many of the above NRL Squad of 22 players are actually from VIC ?
Since when is an nrl squad 22 players

There are 3 contracted Victorians, upon further digging the 4th I mentioned earlier I think is actually a west Australian

Dean Iremia in middle, Victorian junior and Melbourne Storm's 2021 rookie of the year award recipient

End of the day Melbourne didn't get in and the bears dropped because of grassroots players - the value a Melbourne club brings to the league is massive, the fact you can't see this is unbelievable

Wb1234

Referee
Are you having a bad day mate? Explain to me how a club with 118 teams in a small corner of Sydney will produce more nrl players than one in a major city which has a booming junior base of over 250 teams? I know you hate the storm but show a bit more sense than this.
Because I’m 25 years as an nrl club how many storm players come from Victoria juniors only ?

Is it zero ?

I don’t hate the storm but let’s be real here

Pneuma

First Grade

Wb has lost it by the looks of it. This discussion is as dumb as it gets.

greenBV4

Bench
Hahha wrong as usual

news ltd saw more value in a team in Melbourne than Perth
If superleague continued its very likely Melbourne would of been added to that comp in 98, ie with Perth, pretty sure there's even concepts of a Melbourne superleague jersey floating around

Pneuma

First Grade
That’s not an answer

it’s a valid question
I’ve already answered it. And this anti Melbourne thing is pretty pathetic. They’ve just announced record participation, their rep teams are full of locally developed players and you and your mate want to dwell on the past. It’s attitudes like yours that hold the game back.

Wb1234

Referee
If superleague continued its very likely Melbourne would of been added to that comp in 98, ie with Perth, pretty sure there's even concepts of a Melbourne superleague jersey floating around
This is bs

stick to the facts

Perth got punted for Melbourne

even now fox aren’t fans of a Perth nrl team

Wb1234

Referee
I’ve already answered it. And this anti Melbourne thing is pretty pathetic. They’ve just announced record participation, their rep teams are full of locally developed players and you and your mate want to dwell on the past. It’s attitudes like yours that hold the game back.
Weak answer

ignore how bad they have been for 25 years things are different now

with the dolphins they are really going to struggle now getting many qld kids

Centy Coast

Juniors

Something centy is obviously still sore
This is bs

stick to the facts

Perth got punted for Melbourne

even now fox aren’t fans of a Perth nrl team
Perth and the Mariners, don’t forget the Mariners, Melbourne got the best leg up all because of their owners News Ltd, John Ribot and two sets of books