What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Southern Bears

greenBV4

Bench
So when does the Geelong Bears bandwagon start?
Just bring in the Werribee bears as an fu to North Sydney lol

Jokes aside the NRL should of promoted the Burleigh Bears instead of bringing in the Titans, would have avoided all this bring back the bears crap and the game as a whole would be better for it

Pneuma

First Grade
Well seeing how my youngest son just played against VIC, their standard was pretty low and we pumped them by 46 points.
This was a Central Coast representative side against a whole State lol.
WA has many adult rugby league competitions which I doubt AFL mad Victoria has.
Yeah sure. Great story bro. By the way I’ve invited you to educate yourself about the number of Victorian competitions, it’s pathways and it’s rep teams but you refuse to do so. That’s called wilful blindness. Here’s a clue. Go to the NRL vic site and check their site. At this stage they have updated most of their over 12 comps and included team numbers. But this article will help you overcome your ignorance.

Pneuma

First Grade
It's f**king bizarre still seeing people argue against putting a team in Melbourne. I'm not sure why anyone even engages with that sort of backwards BS argument.
You’ll enjoy this

Pneuma

First Grade
Well seeing how my youngest son just played against VIC, their standard was pretty low and we pumped them by 46 points.
This was a Central Coast representative side against a whole State lol.
WA has many adult rugby league competitions which I doubt AFL mad Victoria has.

Lots of great things happening in Victoria shnookums

Centy Coast

Juniors

Lots of great things happening in Victoria shnookums
Because they are playing in Melbourne Storm jerseys ffs c’mon mate, its a start but it’s been 25 years since the Storm set up shop in VIC this is bloody embarrassing.
The Roosters came to the Central Coast in 2012 in 2014 all of our rep teams were decked out in their colours with the Roosters contributing $20,000 to development, which is possibly more $$$ now ?.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
That's just it. it's been 24 years since the Bears last season in the top tier.
That's a generation now that has moved on.

I can't remember there being any big noise in 2007 (24 years after THEIR last top tier season of 1983) about bringing Newtown Jets - another "Foundation club" - back into the top tier - the landscape adapted to their absence & people moved on.

Parallels there too, in that Newtown tried to relocate but it all went pear-shaped for them....
Perth been out of the nrl for longer so using that argument ….

Pneuma

First Grade
Because they are playing in Melbourne Storm jerseys ffs c’mon mate, its a start but it’s been 25 years since the Storm set up shop in VIC this is bloody embarrassing.
The Roosters came to the Central Coast in 2012 in 2014 all of our rep teams were decked out in their colours with the Roosters contributing $20,000 to development.
You peanut. They are wearing Storm jumpers because they represent the Storm and nearly all are from Melbourne. Ffs grow up. You are carrying on like an idiot. And by the way I notice you continue to fail to address the issue of WA v Vic playing numbers and we both know why. Finally, the Bears are dead. Deal with it.

Centy Coast

Juniors
You peanut. They are wearing Storm jumpers because they represent the Storm and nearly all are from Melbourne. Ffs grow up. You are carrying on like an idiot. And by the way I notice you continue to fail to address the issue of WA v Vic playing numbers and we both know why. Finally, the Bears are dead. Deal with it.
That’s what I said but it has taken 25 years for this to happen, why ?.
VIC should have larger playing numbers than WA as they have a NRL team to maybe one day make if the locals can squeeze past players from the Easts Tigers, Sunshine Coast or some island nation. But the reality is as Perth Red pointed out they don’t have larger playing numbers than WA especially if you take in the whole of the WA landscape.
The Bears aren’t dead, still alive and kicking bro in the NSW Cup, Harvey Norman Womens, Tarsha Gale womens, S.G.Ball, Harold Matthews Competitions and younger representative age groups.

Attachments

• A51BA461-7F77-4533-913B-8B347C64627B.jpeg
    A51BA461-7F77-4533-913B-8B347C64627B.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
That’s what I said but it has taken 25 years for this to happen, why ?.
VIC should have larger playing number than WA as they have a NRL team to maybe one day make if the locals can squeeze past players from the Easts Tigers, Sunshine Coast or some island nation. But the reality is as Perth Red pointed out they don’t have larger playing numbers especially if you take in the whole of the WA landscape.
The Bears aren’t dead, still alive and kicking bro in the NSW Cup, Harvey Norman Womens, Tarsha Gale womens, S.G.Ball and Harold Matthews Competitions.
So one minute you’re saying Vic has less players than WA and WA is stronger. I prove you to be wrong so you move the goal posts. Yeah right. Victorian Rugby league is surging after a lot of hard work. I don’t care what Perth Red says as he’s a troll and he has not seen the latest NrL vic playing figures. And where is his evidence anyway? You are a joke mate. The Storm are here to stay. The Bears are dead in the water. If you are typical of their supporter base it’s no wonder.

Centy Coast

Juniors
So one minute you’re saying Vic has less players than WA and WA is stronger. I prove you to be wrong so you move the goal posts. Yeah right. Victorian Rugby league is surging after a lot of hard work. I don’t care what Perth Red says as he’s a troll and he has not seen the latest NrL vic playing figures. And where is his evidence anyway? You are a joke mate. The Storm are here to stay. The Bears are dead in the water. If you are typical of their supporter base it’s no wonder.
You never proved me wrong on anything about playing numbers, you said you couldn’t find the WA playing numbers when you did your little google search you numpty and then Perth Red showed us both the facts.
Sad thing is WA doesn’t even have an NRL team, yet they have more teams than VIC, who do.
The Storm don’t care about VIC, they know where they get their player pool from and will continue to do so.
It is a business built on success after all.
The Melbourne Storm, aren’t they from Queensland ?.

Last edited:

Pneuma

First Grade
You never proved me wrong on anything about playing numbers you numpty, you did your little google search and then Perth Red showed us both the facts.
Sad thing is WA doesn’t even have an NRL team, yet they have more teams than VIC, who do.
That’s just a sad fact.
The Storm don’t care about VIC, they know where they get their player pool from and will continue to do so.
I didn’t do a google search you gimp. I used the NRL vic site and provided it to you. WA does not have more teams than Victoria. It did. Now it doesn’t. And yes the Storm does care about Victorian rugby league. Go to the nrl vic site and it is all there for you to see. And by the way I have been involved with the NRL vic guys so I actually know what I am talking about.
And let me remind you. For all your posturing wailing and complaining the Bears are gone. The Storm are here. Past. Present. Game over.

Pneuma

First Grade
You never proved me wrong on anything about playing numbers, you said you couldn’t find the WA playing numbers when you did your little google search you numpty and then Perth Red showed us both the facts.
The Melbourne Storm, aren’t they from Queensland ?.

here’s a thread for you to join. You can throw all your irrational hatred of the Storm and Victorian Rugby League in there. Enjoy!

Centy Coast

Juniors
I didn’t do a google search you gimp. I used the NRL vic site and provided it to you. WA does not have more teams than Victoria. It did. Now it doesn’t. And yes the Storm does care about Victorian rugby league. Go to the nrl vic site and it is all there for you to see. And by the way I have been involved with the NRL vic guys so I actually know what I am talking about.
And let me remind you. For all your posturing wailing and complaining the Bears are gone. The Storm are here. Past. Present. Game over.
Geez atleast you guys have finally done something in 25 years, like seriously. Wonder how the Storm look after the Easts Tigers or Sunshine Coast ?, areas that really matter to them.
When was the last time Melbourne Storm NRL players turned up to club training nights ?, club presentation days/nights ?

Pneuma

First Grade
Geez atleast you guys have finally done something in 25 years, like seriously. Wonder how the Storm look after the Easts Tigers or Sunshine Coast ?, areas that really matter to them.
When was the last time Melbourne Storm NRL players turned up to club training nights ?, club presentation days/nights ?.
I’m a sharks fan you gimp. And by the way search their website and NRL Vics website and find out for yourself. Here is a thing though. The Storm are an NRL club in a growing NRL market i.e. Melbourne. The Bears are a NSW Club in a declining NRL market i.e. North Sydney. Enjoy finding a new home. You are going to need one.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The Roosters came to the Central Coast in 2012 in 2014 all of our rep teams were decked out in their colours with the Roosters contributing $20,000 to development, which is possibly more $$$ now ?.
Sympathy for the Bears

Going

Going

Gonee

f**k the Bears.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I’m a sharks fan you gimp. And by the way search their website and NRL Vics website and find out for yourself. Here is a thing though. The Storm are an NRL club in a growing NRL market i.e. Melbourne. The Bears are a NSW Club in a declining NRL market i.e. North Sydney. Enjoy finding a new home. You are going to need one.
Sydney Bulldog-Sharks ?

Latest posts