What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: 8pm EELS v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ TIO Stadium - Darwin 21/4/23

the phantom menace

First Grade
You can’t argue with stats mate. They are facts. Probably why they frustrate you so much.
You can argue against stats that don't support what the quote of stats things they support.

That's what's happened here, and not before time... don't forget link one and/or link two ;).

There's nothing about sloppy analysis (quoting some random ill-applied stats) that magically turns opinions into facts. If you want to read facts done well, click on the link Chipmunk posted in the Stats Thread - and think twice before you try and post anything less and pretend it's profound in future 😂.

JokerEel

Coach
How can someone who's done 78,000 posts (mostly in strings of dubious statistical inference) accuse someone who's done 4,000 of chasing them around the place? 😂

Last I heard, Hayne is settling in well with his new cellmate and the warders are keeping Bubba at a distance. But there's a Blue Light Disco this Friday, where word is that Bubba wants to share a dance...

Well pretty easy about 3800 of your posts are following Pou around like a lost little dog.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Well pretty easy about 3800 of your posts are following Pou around like a lost little dog.
When the village idiot clogs up every thread here with irrelevant and off-track stats masquerading as opinion, there's no following around involved.

The f**ker keeps replying to my dismissals, and I keep giving him the mental health and ignore links... I think he just likes to talk dirty to me, as some sort of iamgined foreplay?

hindy111

Post Whore
Atleast mine and @Gronk war is entertaining. Short sharp quick exchanges.
This bitch fight is boring. If you don't like Pou ignore him or f**k off. He brings a lot to this forum. Unsure why people get upset for him being him. Accept him or putting ignore. Simple.
He isnt going to change and he shouldn't have to.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You can argue against stats that don't support what the quote of stats things they support.

That's what's happened here, and not before time... don't forget link one and/or link two ;).

There's nothing about sloppy analysis (quoting some random ill-applied stats) that magically turns opinions into facts.
The fact you have abandoned any attempt at logical rebuttal in favour of personal attacks shows that the stats and analysis do indeed support my position. Analysis is where I got my position in the first place, and how it continues to evolve.
If you want to read facts done well, click on the link Chipmunk posted in the Stats Thread - and think twice before you try and post anything less and pretend it's profound in future 😂.
That bloke isn’t going to save you mate. His analysis lines up with my own. We are poor when we don’t control the ball, which is why we need to play boring footy, especially early in games when opponents try to bash us. I’ve been telling you this for years, every time some idiot complains about fourth tackle settlers and other non-issues.

the phantom menace

First Grade
This bitch fight is boring. If you don't like Pou ignore him or f**k off. He brings a lot to this forum. Unsure why people get upset for him being him. Accept him or putting ignore. Simple.
By that logic no-one else should have to change either - so it doesn't work.

Pou's the one whinging over the past 24 hours that someone's finally showing his dodgy use of selective stats for what they are. He can accept that people don't need to agree with him, or put them on ignore. He's been given the link multiple times... simple.

And sorry to tell you again - your "war" was far from entertaining...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Here’s a tip. For bartman it’s got nothing to do with the stats. He was very interested in my wife’s wedding photos a while back. Draw your own conclusions.

Personally, I think he might be my wife’s troll account. That bitch.

the phantom menace

First Grade
The stats and analysis do indeed support my position. Analysis is where I got my position in the first place, and how it continues to evolve.
Do you even know what your position yesterday/today is? Is it still that the team is going great, Hodgson should start and play 80mins, and nothing needs to change?

You haven't shown any sign of evolution in your position until 6 months after the coach of the day decides to make a change. I guess someone has to be last to realise the earth wasn't flat...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pou's the one whinging over the past 24 hours that someone's finally showing his dodgy use of selective stats for what they are.
No I made clear that analytical disagreement is fine. Others manage it. You have abandoned all pretence of disagreement and have gone all in on personal attacks. Maybe you don’t realise how transparent you are?

the phantom menace

First Grade
it’s got nothing to do with the stats. He was very interested in my wife’s wedding photos a while back. Draw your own conclusions.
No, ity's got everything to do with your ill-informed and lazy dishonest use of random stats, to support contrary analysis for the purpose of clogging up forum threads with shit.
The fact you have abandoned any attempt at logical rebuttal in favour of personal attacks shows that the stats and analysis do indeed support my position.
Lol, there you go again, Mr Ad Hominum....

hindy111

Post Whore
By that logic no-one else should have to change either - so it doesn't work.

Pou's the one whinging over the past 24 hours that someone's finally showing his dodgy use of selective stats for what they are. He can accept that people don't need to agree with him, or put them on ignore. He's been given the link multiple times... simple.

And sorry to tell you again - your "war" was far from entertaining...

But I call him childish names and also abuse him with filthy language. How is that not entertaining ?
Call him a merkin atleast

the phantom menace

First Grade
No I made clear that analytical disagreement is fine. Others manage it. You have abandoned all pretence of disagreement and have gone all in on personal attacks. Maybe you don’t realise how transparent you are?
How successfully do you manage where others disagree with you...? Or is it just when I'm bored and decide to show your analysis and flimsy tangential use of stats up that you get all twisted in a knot and go personal...?

Maybe you don't realise how transparent you are... where are those two links you might need again?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it still that the team is going great, Hodgson should start and play 80mins, and nothing needs to change?
When were those ever my positions? My position was that the coach makes his decisions on more information than any of us have access to. Any weakness we have might be the best we can do. It’s great that Hands has emerged as an option in the 17. We just need to find the best balance between the two hookers. Was 80 minutes of Brendan Hands proven by the win over the Bulldogs? My sample-size-dar says it’s unlikely, and the coach seems to agree.

Apologies if my trust in decision makers to make decisions in their own best interest offends you.

JokerEel

Coach
When the village idiot clogs up every thread here with irrelevant and off-track stats masquerading as opinion, there's no following around involved.

The f**ker keeps replying to my dismissals, and I keep giving him the mental health and ignore links... I think he just likes to talk dirty to me, as some sort of iamgined foreplay?

Probably take your own advice then hey hit that ignore button instead of chasing that gotcha moment 👌

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How successfully do you manage where others disagree with you...? Or is it just when I'm bored and decide to show your analysis and flimsy tangential use of stats up that you get all twisted in a knot and go personal...?

Maybe you don't realise how transparent you are... where are those two links you might need again?
Please post them again. They are really working well for you. lol mental illness!

the phantom menace

First Grade
When were those ever my positions? My position was that the coach makes his decisions on more information than any of us have access to. Any weakness we have might be the best we can do. It’s great that Hands has emerged as an option in the 17. We just need to find the best balance between the two hookers. Was 80 minutes of Brendan Hands proven by the win over the Bulldogs? My sample-size-dar says it’s unlikely, and the coach seems to agree.

Apologies if my trust in decision makers to make decisions in their own best interest offends you.
With all due respect... that's a pretty shitty position, that no stats will ever serve to prove.

Why do you need to keep agressively stating versions of the same position every week, in multiple threads, using selective and often tangential stats as support for what really underneath is just your opinion - no different or better than any other merkin's opinion on here? And why do you get so tangled up whenever anyone questions your opinion...