What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

flippikat

Bench
The Dolphins didn't retain their traditional colours so why would the Jets have to ?

Jets & blue & white go well together
more then 50 years of that association.
The Dolphins did retain their traditional colours - they just added a shade of gold to it, to distinguish from St George-Illawarra Dragons.

It's much like how Port Adelaide added a shade of blue to their traditional black & white colours when they entered the AFL competition, avoiding a direct colour-match with Collingwood.

However if an Ipswich Jets bid enters the NRL, they don't have the same need to change colours - no existing NRL team matches their set.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Emerald green and silver would be a nice addition to the nrl palette.

wonder what name the tigers will come up with? I’d be surprised of they choose anything this Time before getting the nod.

I really think the nrl needs to come out now and decide at least what area club 18 will be to stop people pissing away time and. Oney on bids that have no chan e. Throwing every option to the media each week is a pss poor strategy imo.

Pippen94

First Grade

wonder what name the tigers will come up with? I’d be surprised of they choose anything this Time before getting the nod.

I really think the nrl needs to come out now and decide at least what area club 18 will be to stop people pissing away time and. Oney on bids that have no chan e. Throwing every option to the media each week is a pss poor strategy imo.

Location is minor factor. Lots of other considerations like backers, junior production, long term security..

flippikat

Bench

Agreed on emerald green & silver (maybe even with black as an accent too) - it'd be a really unique, eye-catching look.

I think the original post said it's unlikely Brisbane Easts going to abandon the Firehawks bid name - I dunno, I think it might grow on me.. but I really think any Brisbane 3 (or Queensland 5 for that matter) team would be a mistake for team 18 - and either Perth or NZ 2 would be a far better move.

The sad thing is that NRL HQ just seems to publicly brain-fart their way through decision making, firing out lip-service to so many locations & crazy schemes that you'd think they're going to 24 teams!

Canard

Immortal
Agreed on emerald green & silver (maybe even with black as an accent too) - it'd be a really unique, eye-catching look.

I think the original post said it's unlikely Brisbane Easts going to abandon the Firehawks bid name - I dunno, I think it might grow on me.. but I really think any Brisbane 3 (or Queensland 5 for that matter) team would be a mistake for team 18 - and either Perth or NZ 2 would be a far better move.

The sad thing is that NRL HQ just seems to publicly brain-fart their way through decision making, firing out lip-service to so many locations & crazy schemes that you'd think they're going to 24 teams!

It says the Firehawks name is unlikely to be revisited.

That's a shit wording, but I assume it's no longer proposed.

flippikat

Bench

Ahh OK, I thought that meant they weren't gonna review it & would stick by it.. but I get that they're ditching it.

It makes sense to fine-tune the branding of the bid, especially if another party may bid in conjunction with them. (Say, an orange, black & green bid that incorporates the Western Corridor)

Perth Red

Post Whore

One article said they are 'Unlikely' to use it. I reckon they wont announce anything until the bid outcome is known. That way they cant face any backlash. A bid wont be decided on its logo at end of day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
only bid outside of perth that makes any sense and has the means to enter. all they need is a name/logo and they are an instant success

would be nice to finally get a second brisbane side
if NRL wasnt so cuckolded to News Ltd they would have been Brisbane2 and we wouldn't be wasting another license in a city of 2.3million! Brisbane North, Firehawks South.

Redcliffe/SC should have been put on hold with the proviso they'd be in if suitable stadiums where built in those regions.

Latest posts