What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Roosters

justadragon

Bench
It will be interesting to see how the players appear mentally and their body language. If it is a split camp and some are happy to see the end of Griffin gone (Lomax/Liddle/Sulli to name a few) they will lift but the other half will play poorly and our best player falls into that category. It is up to Carr to sort that out during the game and if he sees Hunt off his game throw in Sullivan quicker than usual.

I think this week Carr will get a clear view on who wants to stay and play for the rd V and who wants to follow Griffin and will make the big calls next week if they do not perform.

Tough game to call especially seeing the Chooks get flogged last week, they will be on a mission. If they played poorly and just lost they may continue with that form but they got flogged so they will make significant changes to their preparation for this week. Big Nick will demand it and the pressure will be on.

Maybe Saints wait till the end of the year as Roosters are ruthless and Robbo may get flicked if they miss the 8. Now that is 1 coach I would love Saints to have.
The decision has been made by the Club to sack Hook, and it was warranted, FFS look at our results. I'm over thinking which player now wants to stay, wants to go, is happy, is not happy. Wake the F$%K up, its not up to the players to determine who the coach is and play accordingly to what you feel like with either liking the new coach, hating the old one etc. We have now removed the person we thought not totally responsible but 80% responsible for the way we play football which was getting us nowhere. Now is the time to man up, shine, give us what you have got, show us how proud you are to be wearing a REDV jumper. I am so sick and tired of hearing about players being in one camp and players being in another, FFS we are THE DRAGONS not a bunch sooks kicking stones because you didnt get your way. You get paid a lot of money to be PROFESSIONAL, F%$KING act like it, go out and make the St George and Illawarra districts proud, and if you dont want to be there for the love of your team mates and club and yes us supporters, then piss off and let someone else who wants to be there have a go. If there isn't a major attitude change, not even winning but an attitude change this Friday, then these guys have lost their own self respect and the respect that comes with being a Dragons player.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
The decision has been made by the Club to sack Hook, and it was warranted, FFS look at our results. I'm over thinking which player now wants to stay, wants to go, is happy, is not happy. Wake the F$%K up, its not up to the players to determine who the coach is and play accordingly to what you feel like with either liking the new coach hating the old one etc. We have now removed the person we thought not totally responsible but 80% responsible for the way we play football which was getting us nowhere. Now is the time to man up, shine, give us what you have got, show us how proud you are to be wearing a REDV jumper. I am so sick and tired of hearing about players being in one camp and players being in another, for FFS we are THE DRAGONS not a bunch sooks kicking stones because you didnt get your way. You get paid a lot of money to be PROFESSIONAL, F%$KING act like it, go out and make the St George and Illawarra districts proud, and if you dont want to be there for the love of your team mates and club and yes us supporters, then piss off and let someone else who wants to be there have a go. If there isn't a major attitude change, not even winning but an attitude change this Friday, then these guys have lost their own self respect and the respect that comes with being a Dragons player.
Straight to the point - very good justa.

raydragon

Juniors
Well said, from what I see and hear it's supposed to be a professional club run by professional people, played by professional footy players coached by professional couches. Unfortunately there is nothing professional about this club any more.all the old players and management that made this club famous would be turning in their graves.I have been a supporter for over 55 years and will continue to be with no expectations at all until this club get rid off all the morons at the club. SO FOR PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT PULL YOUR HEADS IN AND HAVE A GO AND LET US LONG SUFFERING LOYAL SUPPORTERS START ENJOYING OUR FOOTBALL AGAIN.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The divide that was present with Griffin as coach is no longer there, so there should be no one 'tanking' this week or in future weeks.

Carr comes across as being articulate and his coaches preview/questions was well answered. A bit of a change from the Griffin rhetoric and the Mc85 mumbo jumbo.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we won tomorrow evening, however, what I'd like to see is enterprise and creativity.

That would be a good start.

Dragon David

First Grade
A very good interview from young Carr. Shows a lot of maturity and sense with what he says and I think covered himself and the club very well under the circumstances of what has occurred in the past few days.

I think that he will get the boys playing with a bit more effort and forget the past ways.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Enjoyed the interview, very refreshing honesty. I stopped watching Hook’s interviews & press conferences last year he just repeated the same garbage. So I can only imagine how the players felt about having to listen to him all the time.

I’m predicting a Dragons win, Saints by 18!

TheRev

First Grade
Yar Carr and the players have all said the right things about their love and support for Hook.. but I think under the surface they would be pretty stoked the old prick is gone... even if he is a good bloke & a mate of sorts (and I'm sure he is).. he's not taking their careers forward.

Just hope the Roosters (especially Teddy) don't suddenly fire.. and we can out-enthuse them... love to get Carr off to a good start and boost everyone's confidence.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Great 1st interview by Ryan Carr and certainly was impressive to hear his vision for team unity.
It’s the first RedV coaching interview I’ve stayed awake for in over 2 years.
Well done Ryan & well spoken young man. I hope he makes a real difference in our performance & perhaps stays on under the new coach if successful.

mattchuot

Juniors
Great 1st interview by Ryan Carr and certainly was impressive to hear his vision for team unity.
It’s the first RedV coaching interview I’ve stayed awake for in over 2 years.
Well done Ryan & well spoken young man. I hope he makes a real difference in our performance & perhaps stays on under the new coach if successful.
If he goes well it could turn out like Fitzy and Josh Hannay. The new coach doesn’t have to start from completely ground up if he has the interim become his assistant. You would think that would speed up the whole onboarding part of the job and give the new coach some insight into the playing group.

jak

Bench
The decision has been made by the Club to sack Hook, and it was warranted, FFS look at our results. I'm over thinking which player now wants to stay, wants to go, is happy, is not happy. Wake the F$%K up, its not up to the players to determine who the coach is and play accordingly to what you feel like with either liking the new coach, hating the old one etc. We have now removed the person we thought not totally responsible but 80% responsible for the way we play football which was getting us nowhere. Now is the time to man up, shine, give us what you have got, show us how proud you are to be wearing a REDV jumper. I am so sick and tired of hearing about players being in one camp and players being in another, FFS we are THE DRAGONS not a bunch sooks kicking stones because you didnt get your way. You get paid a lot of money to be PROFESSIONAL, F%$KING act like it, go out and make the St George and Illawarra districts proud, and if you dont want to be there for the love of your team mates and club and yes us supporters, then piss off and let someone else who wants to be there have a go. If there isn't a major attitude change, not even winning but an attitude change this Friday, then these guys have lost their own self respect and the respect that comes with being a Dragons player.
well said justa, would you like to give coaching a go?

Last edited: