What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Roosters

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
With all the coach sackings, team changes and member information sessions, it looks like the game has been forgotten about. Apart from the new coach, we have a few advantages - it's a home game and we are playing at Jubilee Oval. Peter Gough is the ref and we have a 60% win record with him. Roosters have Manu out so it's Hutchison vs Hunt, and there's no telling how that will go. The big lug/thug Waerea-Hargraves is playing, but if our tacklers can hit him hard in the pectoral area, he may not be playing for long. Genuinely don't know who to tip for this one.

thebigredv

First Grade
Is he really the new coach so to speak......for mine it will be same shit different week....
We saw what happened with Young standing in after Mary had sucked the life out of us. Wasn’t great.

feels like more of the same. For as bad as the coach has been, these same set of players have also consistently let us down. The real fun starts when recruitment goes in full swing - will tell us a lot about new coach’s drive for success and popularity amongst the nrl players.

we have a team right now that could achieve a lot more if they did away with the predictable stagnated attack. Get some offloads going, change it up a bit and see what happens.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We saw what happened with Young standing in after Mary had sucked the life out of us. Wasn’t great.

feels like more of the same. For as bad as the coach has been, these same set of players have also consistently let us down. The real fun starts when recruitment goes in full swing - will tell us a lot about new coach’s drive for success and popularity amongst the nrl players.

we have a team right now that could achieve a lot more if they did away with the predictable stagnated attack. Get some offloads going, change it up a bit and see what happens.
I agree.....Offloads whats an offload.....actually we did those in 2010

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Ok we’ve been bagging our over paid under performing bunch of footballers ( and I use that term very loosely) all year so let’s get behind them and our interim this Friday.
This is the beginning of a new era we hope.
New coach coming ,
hopefully Ryles as I think he has had a good grounding and can attract talent for next few seasons.
Get rid of the garbage and the bad vibes!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It will be interesting to see how the players appear mentally and their body language. If it is a split camp and some are happy to see the end of Griffin gone (Lomax/Liddle/Sulli to name a few) they will lift but the other half will play poorly and our best player falls into that category. It is up to Carr to sort that out during the game and if he sees Hunt off his game throw in Sullivan quicker than usual.

I think this week Carr will get a clear view on who wants to stay and play for the rd V and who wants to follow Griffin and will make the big calls next week if they do not perform.

Tough game to call especially seeing the Chooks get flogged last week, they will be on a mission. If they played poorly and just lost they may continue with that form but they got flogged so they will make significant changes to their preparation for this week. Big Nick will demand it and the pressure will be on.

Maybe Saints wait till the end of the year as Roosters are ruthless and Robbo may get flicked if they miss the 8. Now that is 1 coach I would love Saints to have.

Old Timer

Coach
It will be interesting to see how the players appear mentally and their body language. If it is a split camp and some are happy to see the end of Griffin gone (Lomax/Liddle/Sulli to name a few) they will lift but the other half will play poorly and our best player falls into that category. It is up to Carr to sort that out during the game and if he sees Hunt off his game throw in Sullivan quicker than usual.

I think this week Carr will get a clear view on who wants to stay and play for the rd V and who wants to follow Griffin and will make the big calls next week if they do not perform.

Tough game to call especially seeing the Chooks get flogged last week, they will be on a mission. If they played poorly and just lost they may continue with that form but they got flogged so they will make significant changes to their preparation for this week. Big Nick will demand it and the pressure will be on.

Maybe Saints wait till the end of the year as Roosters are ruthless and Robbo may get flicked if they miss the 8. Now that is 1 coach I would love Saints to have.
Only if he brings half his cattle with him
The Walker and Sualli situationshows me that “development” is a bit questionable but no doubt purchasing seasoned players never an issue.