What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Roosters

Draginzaaar

Bench
Lomax was trying to steal the ball one-on-one. He had his arms wrapped around the ball and not the body. Rooster's player lifted his leg of the ground and tried to use his weight to stop steal. Both Lomax and Rooster's player then crashed to the ground. Luckily, no serious injury to Rooster's player. He could have easily landed on his head or neck. This could have easily turned to similar injury that Alex Mckinnon suffered few years back. Attacking players should be thought how to avoid dangerous situations
Yeah, Nah

Amone, Lomax, Sloan
A good idea to have Amone at centre, given more room to move taking on the line is his biggest asset. Also with your view on Lomax at the back, be guaranteed of more leather and will relish given some space to work his magic footwork. Dont agree Sloan on the wing, he is 85kg wringing wet and big sliding defenses will be licking their lips when he gets the pill. I can see him being regularly bundled and slammed into touch. The kid possesses ball skills so put him in Sloan's place at 5/8. Have Hunt and Liddle interchanging with Sully slipping into half while the skipper is away.

Last edited:

RedVee_8

Juniors
Lomax is to slow for fullback. Keep him at right centre
I remember a story coming out a year or too back that Lomax had started sprint training, as extras, with the bloke that trained Jarryd Hayne amongst others. He’d only been going for a short period when the club put its foot down and stopped it as it wasn’t approved club training. (That’s the story I remember).

Watching Zac getting run down a few weeks ago made me think that they should have let him do the sprint training.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I remember a story coming out a year or too back that Lomax had started sprint training, as extras, with the bloke that trained Jarryd Hayne amongst others. He’d only been going for a short period when the club put its foot down and stopped it as it wasn’t approved club training. (That’s the story I remember).

Watching Zac getting run down a few weeks ago made me think that they should have let him do the sprint training.
Why tf did they put the foot down? How stupid are our lot?

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Lomax was trying to steal the ball one-on-one. He had his arms wrapped around the ball and not the body. Rooster's player lifted his leg of the ground and tried to use his weight to stop steal. Both Lomax and Rooster's player then crashed to the ground. Luckily, no serious injury to Rooster's player. He could have easily landed on his head or neck. This could have easily turned to similar injury that Alex Mckinnon suffered few years back. Attacking players should be thought how to avoid dangerous situations
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great win by the boys after a busy week off field. Lomax was fantastic and played his best game of the season. His defense was great. Sloan copping a bagging but if you watch the game again he saved a certain try close to the line with defence. He will get better as did the Penrith boys when Hook left. Don't give up on the junior boys. This is the year they will learn and get more comfortable in the NRL and next year they will be flying.

At the end of the game there was a scene were Bud, Sloan and Amone were on the ground hugging each other after the try. These 3 clearly have a special bond. They need more time on the field together.

JDB, Hunt, Sua and Lomax were my 4 standouts. All 4 played great games. It is sad how after a win like that they ended up lower on the ladder than when they started the round. It's going to be a very close comp and we are in for a roller coaster or emotions. Losing the to the Tigers, Dogs and Titans will come back to bite the Saints.

BLM01

First Grade
Great win by the boys after a busy week off field. Lomax was fantastic and played his best game of the season. His defense was great. Sloan copping a bagging but if you watch the game again he saved a certain try close to the line with defence. He will get better as did the Penrith boys when Hook left. Don't give up on the junior boys. This is the year they will learn and get more comfortable in the NRL and next year they will be flying.

At the end of the game there was a scene were Bud, Sloan and Amone were on the ground hugging each other after the try. These 3 clearly have a special bond. They need more time on the field together.

JDB, Hunt, Sua and Lomax were my 4 standouts. All 4 played great games. It is sad how after a win like that they ended up lower on the ladder than when they started the round. It's going to be a very close comp and we are in for a roller coaster or emotions. Losing the to the Tigers, Dogs and Titans will come back to bite the Saints.
Good Summary
We are only coming last because the Cowboys who were a Top 4 side last year decided to concede 66 points against the team who still should be coming last on F & A
But yet their start to the year is flying under the radar and everything must be hunky dory up in Townsville. Oh thats right they won 2 in a row against the Roosters then Dragons
And those lauding Young as a great assistant and defensive coach ready for NRL after 2022
What has happened there

Latest posts