What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Roosters

Old Timer

Coach
If the players all of a sudden do all the stuff we think they can't do everyone will blame Hook and say he coached it out of them due to the game plan or lack thereof.

If the players do some of the stuff I have highlighted a few posts back and instantly do it well then IMO the players themselves should also be held responsible for having not shown one iota of guts to put on the paddock what should have been there every week for 2.5 years if not longer.

If the players are incapable of showing anything more than what we have been getting then the coach never had a chance in the 1st place despite Hook being the wrong fit.

IMO there are some players at our club that have far too much power and sway including over coaches, selections, game plans and ultimately outcomes.

What is exciting for me is that we now get to see the absolute reality of the situation we are in and make proper assessments re our roster moving forward.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If the players go out there and play good footy it will be no different to what the Dogs did when Baz got sacked and Potter took over. The shackles are off and they can play what they see and not any form of structure or dull game plan.

I don't believe Hook would have picked this side firstly (No Mbye) so shows why we feel there will possibly be an improvement. Also if they look different in attack and not 5 hit ups nd then bomb that is another reason why the fans will think they improved.

I also heard that Zack Lomax is still yet to hear from Hook why he got dropped or what to improve on. Interested to see how Liddle and Lomax go tonight more than anything.

Maddragon99

Juniors
If the players go out there and play good footy it will be no different to what the Dogs did when Baz got sacked and Potter took over. The shackles are off and they can play what they see and not any form of structure or dull game plan.

I don't believe Hook would have picked this side firstly (No Mbye) so shows why we feel there will possibly be an improvement. Also if they look different in attack and not 5 hit ups nd then bomb that is another reason why the fans will think they improved.

I also heard that Zack Lomax is still yet to hear from Hook why he got dropped or what to improve on. Interested to see how Liddle and Lomax go tonight more than anything.
I doubt Lomax was one of the players to reach out to Hook & wish him well! Zac would have been happier than us to see the back of the old man!

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
N
I am really worried for everyone’s well-being reading all this positivity and win predictions.

gamble responsibly!

After tonight please remember…..it’s just a game
No worries Gavin I am backing the Roosters in tipping comps although a work colleague gave me 6.5 start to back the Dragons and I took it. $5 lottery ticket is that responsible enough? :)

justadragon

Bench
I wish I knew what happened that one game where we showed enterprise. Remember Vs Souffs and we had 30 by halftime.
such an aberration, I wish it would leak out what happened there so we can replicate it
The bunnies played shithouse in the first half and their young half got benched. They got their act together in the second half which told more of a story. From memory i'm not sure if Mitchell played that night either.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Dragons have been in these position before where we think they have something to play for but because they’re very weak mentally they never show up…. Tonight is a perfect example…..Roosters by plenty… I hope not

We saw what happened with Young standing in after Mary had sucked the life out of us. Wasn’t great.

feels like more of the same. For as bad as the coach has been, these same set of players have also consistently let us down. The real fun starts when recruitment goes in full swing - will tell us a lot about new coach’s drive for success and popularity amongst the nrl players.

we have a team right now that could achieve a lot more if they did away with the predictable stagnated attack. Get some offloads going, change it up a bit and see what happens.
In other words get some structure in place. Try a few set moves, anything.

Dragons have been in these position before where we think they have something to play for but because they’re very weak mentally they never show up…. Tonight is a perfect example…..Roosters by plenty… I hope not
We were in a worse state when we failed by a bloody field goal to tie or perhaps roll the Chooks on Anzac Day. This time we play with renewed hope for the future.

TruSaint

Referee
Well, i for one will look forward to the game today. It's not just blind optimism as this season is done and dusted.

It's the fact that we have finally closed the chapter that was Hook.

As i posted when he was sacked, I hope he takes a few away with him.

Roosters are missing key players, but they rarely put in consecutive poor performances. They got smashed last week and will be up for it later today.

Saints x 4.

Old Timer

Coach
If there truly is a split in the group it will be more evident tonight than ever.

The pro Hunt / Hook group will be smarting and probably subdued.

The anyone but Hook brigade will be looking to play some footy.

I will be interested whether we run with all cylinders or cough and splutter our way around the paddock and of even more interest what Hunt does with the ball when he gets it in his hands.

justadragon

Bench
If there truly is a split in the group it will be more evident tonight than ever.

The pro Hunt / Hook group will be smarting and probably subdued.

The anyone but Hook brigade will be looking to play some footy.

I will be interested whether we run with all cylinders or cough and splutter our way around the paddock and of even more interest what Hunt does with the ball when he gets it in his hands.
Im over listening to anything about division in the team. Play as the Dragons, one team thats it. And if you dont like it pack your bags and piss off.

what Hunt does with the ball when he gets it in his hands.
.. probably more of what you wrote, Hunt flattens the attack, slows the attack, confuses the attack, doesn't know how to run the attack.
Carr said he'd play at half the entire game. So woe is us. Up to Liddle to give us some impetus then.

Last edited: