What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Vibing

Juniors
I think the knights vs sea eagles game will be effected a tad due to origin plus our poor away form in recent weeks. Plus our 2 Sunday afternoon games have pulled poor crowds. I'm thinking 16,000 but I hope it's closer to 20,000.
theres only 3 players out of 34 in origin so not that bad , & they got 13K on Mothers day against the worst drawers in the NRL the Titans

this is Manly
20K for sure

yakstorm

First Grade
theres only 3 players out of 34 in origin so not that bad , & they got 13K on Mothers day against the worst drawers in the NRL the Titans

this is Manly
20K for sure
Won't get 20K at the current rate of selling, lots of seats left in Andrew Johns stand and lots of holds across the venue.

It's tracking better than the Titans match, in that people are actually buying tickets the week of the match, but it's currently trending towards 15K-16K.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
One neutral venue per series is too much. I think we need to go back to once every 3 or 5 years.

It's clear that there is a reliance on travelling fans for these games, and with the state of inflation etc, people might not be keen on spending big $$ to get to Adelaide and watch from a shitty view because of the oval ground.

Pneuma

First Grade
One neutral venue per series is too much. I think we need to go back to once every 3 or 5 years.

It's clear that there is a reliance on travelling fans for these games, and with the state of inflation etc, people might not be keen on spending big $$ to get to Adelaide and watch from a shitty view because of the oval ground.
Yep and in a city that itself is shitty.

EuroNymous

Juniors

apparently bunch of AO members have been given 2 for 1 tickets

i reckon they will end up with 47k to 49k

jim_57

Staff member

To be fair it was only last decade NSW was getting some 60-70k crowds for Origin when they had 2 games, one series from memory they didn’t crack 70k for game 1 at much cheaper prices back then.

I’m not a fan of one team having a 2-1 home game advantage every series again. The neutral venue makes sense and Adelaide potentially being 5k short of capacity doesn’t really change my mind, it will still make a hefty profit.

In saying that they should definitely look at how often Adelaide gets it and finding a way to make it work in Auckland.

Harry O

Juniors
Could this be the main factor why tickets haven't been sold out as yet? Some prices are ridiculous.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230525-133611_Ticketek AU.jpg
    Screenshot_20230525-133611_Ticketek AU.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 16

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
To be fair it was only last decade NSW was getting some 60-70k crowds for Origin when they had 2 games, one series from memory they didn’t crack 70k for game 1 at much cheaper prices back then.

I’m not a fan of one team having a 2-1 home game advantage every series again. The neutral venue makes sense and Adelaide potentially being 5k short of capacity doesn’t really change my mind, it will still make a hefty profit.

In saying that they should definitely look at how often Adelaide gets it and finding a way to make it work in Auckland.
I'm definitely a fan of neutral games and agree that they make sense, just not every year IMO.

Jamberoo

Juniors
42K expected. Will still look pretty full and have a great atmosphere. Unfortunately 'Real footy is coming soon' is hardly a promo tag that is going to gain traction in the most AFL mad city in the country. Bet PVL likes it though.

SOO will always be the best way to promote NRL outside the heartland. The third game should be in Melbourne every second year. I would actually have it at Marvel if they can bring the stands in. Great venue for RL (capacity 57K) when done right. Although it is hard to deny 85k - 90k @ MCG.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee

Selling two games in Sydney is a stretch with the prices they charge now

This way there is scarcity and each series one side doesn’t get a home advantage

plus they make more money selling off a game to the wasteland states

Auckland should get a game if they can sort out the time slot

Perth will help the eventual nrl side there and melb helps the storm

Wb1234

Referee

One hundred percent this