What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Selling two games in Sydney is a stretch with the prices they charge now

This way there is scarcity and each series one side doesn’t get a home advantage

plus they make more money selling off a game to the wasteland states

Auckland should get a game if they can sort out the time slot

Perth will help the eventual nrl side there and melb helps the storm

If we took a game to a neutral venue every second year there would only be two games in Sydney once every four years.

I think that a neutral game every year is losing it's charm with interstate travellers. We are seeing that this year with Adelaide and I believe that we would have last year with Perth if it weren't on a Sunday. Surely this comes down to lack of interest from interstate fans. I expect that South Australia thought that this would be an immediate sell out and they'd have 30,000+ people flock from QLD and NSW. I'd love for the NRL to release the statistics based on postcode ticket purchases, but I would presume that they only share that with the state governments when negotiating hosting rights. As I said in my first post I do believe that some of it might have to do with the stadiums themselves, the pricing is not appropriate for crap view points.

If these games do not bring the interstate travellers from QLD and NSW that the neutral states expected, they will stop paying big $.

Anyway, hopefully we see 50k in the end.

Wb1234

Referee
If we took a game to a neutral venue every second year there would only be two games in Sydney once every four years.

I think that a neutral game every year is losing it's charm with interstate travellers. We are seeing that this year with Adelaide and I believe that we would have last year with Perth if it weren't on a Sunday. Surely this comes down to lack of interest from interstate fans. I expect that South Australia thought that this would be an immediate sell out and they'd have 30,000+ people flock from QLD and NSW. I'd love for the NRL to release the statistics based on postcode ticket purchases, but I would presume that they only share that with the state governments when negotiating hosting rights. As I said in my first post I do believe that some of it might have to do with the stadiums themselves, the pricing is not appropriate for crap view points.

If these games do not bring the interstate travellers from QLD and NSW that the neutral states expected, they will stop paying big $.

Gather round would’ve taken some away

playing it in fumble state makes it a national event on par with say the melb cup and it’s good for ratings in those states too

between Adelaide Perth and Melbourne each gets one game every three years. If they throw in Auckland once every four years

Perth Red

Post Whore
Prime example why expansion won't include Adelaide.
So after 25 years of the NRL totally ignoring Adelaide, and refusing to support any real grassroots development of RL there, you think there should be overwhelming interest in the product and that there isnt shows that we should never think about selling the product there? Hmmm.

Perth Red

Post Whore
42K expected. Will still look pretty full and have a great atmosphere. Unfortunately 'Real footy is coming soon' is hardly a promo tag that is going to gain traction in the most AFL mad city in the country. Bet PVL likes it though.

SOO will always be the best way to promote NRL outside the heartland. The third game should be in Melbourne every second year. I would actually have it at Marvel if they can bring the stands in. Great venue for RL (capacity 57K) when done right. Although it is hard to deny 85k - 90k @ MCG.
Yes I thought it was an interesting marketing strategy when I was in Adelaide and looking at the posters! Nothing like turning off the fanbase of the main sport in town lol

Perth Red

Post Whore

They reckon 15k travelled over to Perth (weekend game). Hosting it on a Weds night hardly helps encourage fans to travel for it either. The neutral match should always be on a Saturday night to encourage interstate fans. I wouldnt pay $5-$10mill for it on a weds night if I was a state govt!

Perth, Auckland, Wellington, Melb, Adelaide, Singapore or HK. Rotate. It shouldnt be held more than once every 5 years in any one neutral city imo. At $200+ a ticket I wouldn't go very often.

Pneuma

First Grade
So after 25 years of the NRL totally ignoring Adelaide, and refusing to support any real grassroots development of RL there, you think there should be overwhelming interest in the product and that there isnt shows that we should never think about selling the product there? Hmmm.
(Apologies to Shari Lewis and Lambchop)

This is the whinge that never ends
He just goes on and on my friend!
This b@stard’s always whinging whenever he writes a word
He never stops whinging cos he is a great big turd!

Etc etc etc ad infinitum

Wb1234

Referee
They reckon 15k travelled over to Perth (weekend game). Hosting it on a Weds night hardly helps encourage fans to travel for it either. The neutral match should always be on a Saturday night to encourage interstate fans. I wouldnt pay $5-$10mill for it on a weds night if I was a state govt!

Perth, Auckland, Wellington, Melb, Adelaide, Singapore or HK. Rotate. It shouldnt be held more than once every 5 years in any one neutral city imo. At $200+ a ticket I wouldn't go very often.
Nein had a cry about it being on a Sunday

wain

Juniors
(Apologies to Shari Lewis and Lambchop)

He just goes on and on my friend!
This b@stard’s always whinging whenever he writes a word
He never stops whinging cos he is a great big turd!

Etc etc etc ad infinitum
but is he wrong?

As I said recently, RL is treated with disdain in SA. Having something like Origin is a great 'first base' option, but it was always going to be a hard sell mid-week, only two-1/2 years after last one, jacked prices and then dumbarse promos digging at AFL.

I hope the NRL smash the promos in the next week and we go close to a full-house...surely we are willing to learn from the AFL and realise that public perception and first impressions matter. Im going with mates cos we were offered 2-for-1. Id say we will see a lot of that in the coming days. Also heard giveaways on radio, etc.

As long as we go close, it should still be deemed a success. Yes, Origin is a premium event...but the NRL's attitude towards selling it as such is just as important as expecting a new audience to try it out.

Pneuma

First Grade
but is he wrong?

As I said recently, RL is treated with disdain in SA. Having something like Origin is a great 'first base' option, but it was always going to be a hard sell mid-week, only two-1/2 years after last one, jacked prices and then dumbarse promos digging at AFL.

I hope the NRL smash the promos in the next week and we go close to a full-house...surely we are willing to learn from the AFL and realise that public perception and first impressions matter. Im going with mates cos we were offered 2-for-1. Id say we will see a lot of that in the coming days. Also heard giveaways on radio, etc.

As long as we go close, it should still be deemed a success. Yes, Origin is a premium event...but the NRL's attitude towards selling it as such is just as important as expecting a new audience to try it out.
It’s not about whether he’s right or wrong ffs. It’s his endless whinge in relation to every topic. He’s a bloody whinger!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Do you ever stop whinging and pretending you're a rugby league fan?

Suitman

Post Whore
It’s not about whether he’s right or wrong ffs. It’s his endless whinge in relation to every topic. He’s a bloody whinger!

So put him on ignore if it bothers you that much, or restrain yourself from replying to him.
It ain't hard, and your incessant complaints and whining about him are actually just as bad.
You are trolling as much as you feel as though Perth Red is. And at least PR gives explanations for his posts.
Just Ignore and stfu.

Pippen94

First Grade
It will be hard for the Dolphins to ever take the Broncos spot as 'big brother' simply because one club is 35 years old than the other, but regardless if the Dolphins push the Broncos into being the bigger club they always should be, that's great for the competition.

Reality is until the Dolphins came in, the Broncos have had very little competition for a lot of key metrics. Souths & Storm had challenged them on revenue & memberships, and the club has been stepping up their game as a result, but Dolphins will possibly be the first club that can challenge them on crowds.

If that means the Broncos start aiming for 35K+ more often, that's great for everyone.

Dolphins are older

Pippen94

First Grade
So put him on ignore if it bothers you that much, or restrain yourself from replying to him.
It ain't hard, and your incessant complaints and whining about him are actually just as bad.
You are trolling as much as you feel as though Perth Red is. And at least PR gives explanations for his posts.
Just Ignore and stfu.

No Perth red has never explained shi..

Pippen94

First Grade
Why would you want to make Brisbane more like Sydney?

Let the Broncos and dolphins build up a good long lasting rivalry and start regularly selling out suncorp, don't mess with a good thing

Sydney teams & there rivalries are the only reason the NRL exists

Pneuma

First Grade
Just Ignore and stfu.
Go shove your post up your rectum. I’ll do what I like. And go take your own advice and put me on ignore dimwit.