What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Iamback

Coach
Full crowds can be deceiving , I'd of rathered 20K at Suncorp anytime
but understand they agreed to play games at their spiritual home , so the ones they've selected so far have been the most appropriate I guess

Yeah but they make more profit from 10k at Redcliffe as opposed to 20k at Suncorp

Vibing

Juniors
Yeah but they make more profit from 10k at Redcliffe as opposed to 20k at Suncorp
I'd doubt they would , yea sure theres the leagues club next door
but the corporate facilities at Kayo are akin to those at Eric Weisel Oval Wagga

Iamback

Coach
I'd doubt they would , yea sure theres the leagues club next door
but the corporate facilities at Kayo are akin to those at Eric Weisel Oval Wagga

They would rent out the club to only corporates and not pay a cent to rent the ground.

Exactly how Sharks made a profit despite playing out of an 11k capacity ground

Sell out limited corporate spaces for higher rate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So put him on ignore if it bothers you that much, or restrain yourself from replying to him.
It ain't hard, and your incessant complaints and whining about him are actually just as bad.
You are trolling as much as you feel as though Perth Red is. And at least PR gives explanations for his posts.
Just Ignore and stfu.
Funny thing as Ive got the dckheads on ignore so cant see what they're wasting their time typing, theyre shouting at clouds lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
How?
Revenue: 10k extra tickets is min $500k, then add in better corporate sales at Suncorp @$10k a box.
Expense: Suncorp costs around $400k to hire for Broncos (may be cheaper for smaller crowds). It still costs to host a game at Redcliffe stadium (security, maintenance, $1mill capital spend for lights etc).

Extra revenue at Suncorp with 20k = $600k+
Expense to play at Suncorp over Redcliffe =$350k
Profit at Suncorp over Redcliffe = $250k

Sharks only makes sense as they dont have the fans or corporates to sell better facilities to.

Last edited:

Vibing

Juniors
They would rent out the club to only corporates and not pay a cent to rent the ground.

Exactly how Sharks made a profit despite playing out of an 11k capacity ground

Sell out limited corporate spaces for higher rate.
still think they'd make more from 20K fans & corporates with ground hire fees at suncorp then 10k at kayo

It's Been Done

Juniors
If they had decent corporate facilities, maybe. But with the permanent light towers in place, they'd save a bit of cash with them no longer having to hire temporary lights to meet broadcasting standards

Iamback

Coach
If they had decent corporate facilities, maybe. But with the permanent light towers in place, they'd save a bit of cash with them no longer having to hire temporary lights to meet broadcasting standards

Thurs night though. Too risky early on maybe a few years down the track when the fan base grows

beave

Coach
All fair points. I recall Origin 1 in 2014 and Origin 1 in 2017 were hard sells at Suncorp - the pricing was ludicrous then though, and actually worse than today.

Adelaide folk have been gearing up for putrid weather next week too.

The commercial benefits are never denied, I just hate the thought of it looking a poor crowd in an oval ground. I will always think that 60k+ at Homebush is a better look than 40k at Adelaide Oval. Anyway, hopeful for 50k plus still. Maybe both teams can talk some shit over the weekend and get some punters keen.

View attachment 74718

I've missed 2 Origins in the 10 years I've lived in Brissy, this year will be the 3rd.

I looked about 3 months ago and they wanted $450ea to sit in either 602 or 603 but up the back (was in 65+ row), for those not having been to suncorp that's the broadcast (west side) around the 20-30m line towards the south. They are far from being a premium seat up that high, the pricing is utter lunacy.

The N and S ends were ridiculously priced as well.

EuroNymous

Juniors
I've missed 2 Origins in the 10 years I've lived in Brissy, this year will be the 3rd.

I looked about 3 months ago and they wanted $450ea to sit in either 602 or 603 but up the back (was in 65+ row), for those not having been to suncorp that's the broadcast (west side) around the 20-30m line towards the south. They are far from being a premium seat up that high, the pricing is utter lunacy.

they sold out game 2 ages ago so it seems there is massive demand

Harry O

Juniors

WTF $450? That's ludicrous 🙄

Wb1234

Referee
How?
Revenue: 10k extra tickets is min $500k, then add in better corporate sales at Suncorp @$10k a box.
Expense: Suncorp costs around $400k to hire for Broncos (may be cheaper for smaller crowds). It still costs to host a game at Redcliffe stadium (security, maintenance, $1mill capital spend for lights etc).

Extra revenue at Suncorp with 20k = $600k+
Expense to play at Suncorp over Redcliffe =$350k
Profit at Suncorp over Redcliffe = $250k

Sharks only makes sense as they dont have the fans or corporates to sell better facilities to.
Kayo is a dump

They shouldn’t use it for any nrl games in future years

after the start they’ve had they can be brisbane two now

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
42K expected. Will still look pretty full and have a great atmosphere. Unfortunately 'Real footy is coming soon' is hardly a promo tag that is going to gain traction in the most AFL mad city in the country. Bet PVL likes it though.

Yes I thought it was an interesting marketing strategy when I was in Adelaide and looking at the posters! Nothing like turning off the fanbase of the main sport in town lol
We criticise the game for having no confidence in itself, but when it marches into enemy territory and proclaims itself to be "real footy" we criticise for fear of offending the locals. Big girl`s blouses.

We are Rugby League: we don`t tackle people from behind but front on; we don`t get one point for a miss; we don`t have a shambles of a game that labels itself a sport. We are real footy which we know is really code for `football for real men.`

You have to remember that that advertising slogan isn`t solely aimed at fumbleball fans ( but we love the dig) it`s aimed at the probably thousands and thousands of South Australians that probably don`t like or are indifferent to fumbleball.

Hopefully they`ll go to the game and then go out and buy a bit of League merch. and then walk around town in their `real footy ` merch. And who`s going to argue.
Don`t be scared boys, you won`t get anywhere by creeping about. In there boots and all.

Latest posts