What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day Thread v St George Illawarra at Fortress Commbank - Sunday 6th August 2pm.

Suitman

Post Whore
Two adult tickets cost $220. A burger, two soft drinks and chips then cost $40.

Someone said it before …. Kayo!
Yep, a disgrace. It's not as if most of our demographic is rich.
I've paid slightly less than that before a couple of times, on special occasions for meetups with friends from overseas/interstate etc.. Had no choice tbh when I wanted to make sure they get good seats.
I truly would like to know who sets prices for NRL games.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Random thoughts:

* Thought we were very luck today.
* I thought Gutherson stripped that ball to be honest. The game obviously turned after that.
* Felt very happy for Russell. He is a very competent winger at a budget price. He is our new Neil Hunt.
* The kid on the other side isn't ready and BA is a moron for giving him the job to mark their big Fijian winger.
* If we go into next year with Simonsson as our first choice centre we have rocks in our heads.
* Cartwright is the player of the season for us as far as I'm concerned.
* Dylan Brown will be better for the run.
* Lussick is better than Hands BTW.
* I still think we will miss the semis. :(
- Yep
- There’s got to be onus on the ball carrier. Thought that was ok
- Shit effort on one of their tries but otherwise I agree
- Thought the new Arthur was decent for a young kid. Already better than Waqa.
- can we teach intelligence? Bailey is outstanding rucking it out, but dumb as f**k with no skills everywhere else. Simplify your game you merkin!!
- Cartwright won us the game and almost lost us the game. Just do the tough shit you’re doing. Unless it’s a no-brainer hood the f**king ball!!
- Drown went well, you owe us all merkin!!
- Agree Lussick went well. Would still like both in the rotation.
- Unfortunately agree.

JokerEel

Coach
I’ll also add that we looked shithouse when Matto was on the edge. That’s when we leaked points. We focused on it watching the game and we were caught short consistently when Matto was on the edge. He’s an elite middle but a mediocre edge. We experimented and got our answer. Matto’s a middle.

True I assume that's why BA moved Matto to the middle and Davey to the edge.

84 Baby

Referee
I wasn't the one who said they or us couldn't play better. They are 2nd last and had some very good players missing as did we at home. Both sides looked average to me
No you were the one who said they were at same level as us because what if they passed a ball or didn’t make errors.

JokerEel

Coach
Random thoughts:

* Thought we were very luck today.
* I thought Gutherson stripped that ball to be honest. The game obviously turned after that.
* Felt very happy for Russell. He is a very competent winger at a budget price. He is our new Neil Hunt.
* The kid on the other side isn't ready and BA is a moron for giving him the job to mark their big Fijian winger.
* If we go into next year with Simonsson as our first choice centre we have rocks in our heads.
* Cartwright is the player of the season for us as far as I'm concerned.
* Dylan Brown will be better for the run.
* Lussick is better than Hands BTW.
* I still think we will miss the semis. :(

Most I agree with here on your random thoughts.

I don't think it's a strip Gutho is making the tackle to save the try not going into the tackle to strip the ball.

Super Simmonson should not have been the first choice centre this year.

I don't agree with Cartwright he has been good but has really killed us some times with stupid offloads or passes when we were on the attach and just needed to hold the ball.

I also think we needed to have Hands on the bench Lussick needed a breather today.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree Lussick went well. Would still like both in the rotation.
I think Emu only being able to play 10 mins and Luka still being a rookie, plus maybe Hands needing a break from the middle meant that Joey was the only option. Joffa played 34 mins and pretty sure that was his longest stint so far.

Will Emu’s condition improve enough by Friday for Makka to drop off for Hands ? Makka played 18 mins. Unless you want Emu to drop off ?

I’ll also add that we looked shithouse when Matto was on the edge. That’s when we leaked points. We focused on it watching the game and we were caught short consistently when Matto was on the edge. He’s an elite middle but a mediocre edge. We experimented and got our answer. Matto’s a middle.

Watched the highlights and Superman Simonson was responsible for a lot of bad reads today.

JokerEel

Coach
Also I don't think we should have resigned Moses (he didn't play great today) and have put our Money on Brown and Sanders with our Window shut we needed to look to the future....

Plus Paulo should not be resigned after this contract.

Latest posts