What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R27 Knights game.

Dragon David

First Grade
I was at the game tonight,and like so many others thought we were really in with a chance. I thought they'd come out firing and show the fans what sort of team they could be. Well they did that-what a pathetic performance by maybe our worst team ever. We were down 12-0 after 10 mins and never recovered. So a few thoughts-
Billy Burns-won the pathetic trophy tonight-2 lousy tackles (lol- arm brushes) to let in 2 tries and dropped the ball a few times-definately not 1st grade material and needs to go
Suli- no wonder Manly let him go-cant defend and is 1-dimensional in attack-cant pass either. Got to go to the forwards or just leave
Feagai- showed once again his total lack of defense skills and lack of speed-enough said-just go
BMM and Molo-just cant break the line and no 2nd phase passes. Piss both off too
Amone-did basically nothing all night-not sure what to do there-hopefully the judge will sort that out for us
We made stupid mistakes at the worst time possible-we had 13 vs 12 till Lawrie does an utter stupidity and got binned too. Just unbelievable how average we are
De Belin tried hard all night,but again dropped the ball at a crucial time.
Our best by far was Hunt and he was really trying to get things moving with almost no support at certain times.He put one kick through which absolutely no-one followed through with. We could see him yelling to the guys with little success. No wonder he wants out-half this team arent 1st grade standard and i hope Flanagan ditches them.
All around me in the stands you could see the disappointment, as yet another chance slipped by. I hoped to be able to bag them as they come off but even that wasnt possible, because they didnt even leave the field as a team. A lot of supporters ive known for years said they wont be back next year, because at $240 for 5 games at Kogarah , their heart just isnt in it anymore. Its an expensive exercise to watch your money being wasted on players who dont put in or couldnt even care.
Its not the St George i remember
A great report Dragonssupporter.

A very disappointing year for fans and sponsors.

The following was the game day guide introduction on our website -

"A collection of former Dragons will be in attendance to watch on as the Red V look to finish their year on a high against an in-form Newcastle outfit.

The Dragons have won 14 of their past 18 against the Knights, including the past five meetings at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

Mikaele Ravalawa requires one try to join Nathan Blacklock and Brett Morris as the only players in St George Illawarra history to reach 21 tries in a single season".

Those former Dragons would have no doubt been pissed off with our performance.

The Knights hadn't beaten us in the past 5 meetings at Kogarah - well the tide has really turned there and shows how bad we have become.

Congrats to Rava.

The Club needs to do so much to get fans interested in following the team and attendances, which costs an arm and a leg to many people, would not be worth it.

Flanagan definitely isn't the Messiah and even coaches such as Cleary, Robinson, Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett etc would have extreme difficulty in getting our club out of this mess.

A massive culling of players is essential and much improved replacements needed for another rebuild.

Next year we could see the same results and I can visualise that most scribes will be making us the wooden spooners in 2024.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
I was at the game tonight,and like so many others thought we were really in with a chance. I thought they'd come out firing and show the fans what sort of team they could be. Well they did that-what a pathetic performance by maybe our worst team ever. We were down 12-0 after 10 mins and never recovered. So a few thoughts-
Billy Burns-won the pathetic trophy tonight-2 lousy tackles (lol- arm brushes) to let in 2 tries and dropped the ball a few times-definately not 1st grade material and needs to go
Suli- no wonder Manly let him go-cant defend and is 1-dimensional in attack-cant pass either. Got to go to the forwards or just leave
Feagai- showed once again his total lack of defense skills and lack of speed-enough said-just go
BMM and Molo-just cant break the line and no 2nd phase passes. Piss both off too
Amone-did basically nothing all night-not sure what to do there-hopefully the judge will sort that out for us
We made stupid mistakes at the worst time possible-we had 13 vs 12 till Lawrie does an utter stupidity and got binned too. Just unbelievable how average we are
Our best by far was Hunt and he was really trying to get things moving with almost no support at certain times.He put one kick through which absolutely no-one followed through with. We could see him yelling to the guys with little success. No wonder he wants out-half this team arent 1st grade standard and i hope Flanagan ditches them.
All around me in the stands you could see the disappointment, as yet another chance slipped by. I hoped to be able to bag them as they come off but even that wasnt possible, because they didnt even leave the field as a team. A lot of supporters ive known for years said they wont be back next year, because at $240 for 5 games at Kogarah , their heart just isnt in it anymore. Its an expensive exercise to watch your money being wasted on players who dont put in or couldnt even care.
Well the $240 should be repaid by the overpaid RL impersonators to all the loyal supporters
That would be a start of some sort of redemption

IMO if you think this year was bad, next year is even more of a real worry.
We will be struggling to keep 16th.
WT are on the improve and will have a stronger roster.
Agree entirely with what you say. Hard to see anyone on the current roster apart from Hunt who are true first grade standard, Lomax maybe in a better team. Penrith valued their lower grades and used them as a nursery and it paid dividends. The bulk of the present team are talentless, De Belin looks past it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well another futile seasons comes and goes and since 2010 as supporters we just lament what may have been yet again ....the sad part is even with a new coach (yes another one) theres zero to look forward to in 2024 and at this stage beyond.......but not to worry the players will be queing at the ATM this morning and laughing and joking on the piss tomorrow

denis preston

First Grade
Great summation. The coaches after game comments & cut & paste selections shows he really is in the bubble. He can talk the talk but can’t walk the walk. Flanagan has a huge job particularly as he will get F All help from all the peanuts around him.

justadragon

Bench
Presser.
Carr said we can go toe to toe with anyone in the comp by the way we've played lately.
How many games did we win=0
We learn a lot of hard lessons.
Bs.
These clowns never learn.
You have picked the same shit players week in week out.
And play the same boring football.
Sorry Ryan you're off the mark.
I think you are right JD but I also dont expect Carr to sink the boot in.I really think he knows how shit we are and is expecting massive changes next year. Watch Peytons PC. That would have been more appropriate for the Dragons.

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Lot of despair in the air, last night was simply a confirmation, team has tried hard, but all the flaws were again clearly on display again…early penalties and set restarts to get the scoreboard moving, arm grab tackling, short kick out comedy routines, wingers off wings, centres of limited capability, barely interested marquee player, same losing attacking structure, same holey left side defence, de Belin again too forceful in tackles (ffs), unsuccessful captain challenges….
I think we ticked all the boxes in 80 minutes.

justadragon

Bench
A great report Dragonssupporter.

A very disappointing year for fans and sponsors.

The following was the game day guide introduction on our website -

"A collection of former Dragons will be in attendance to watch on as the Red V look to finish their year on a high against an in-form Newcastle outfit.

The Dragons have won 14 of their past 18 against the Knights, including the past five meetings at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium.

Mikaele Ravalawa requires one try to join Nathan Blacklock and Brett Morris as the only players in St George Illawarra history to reach 21 tries in a single season".

Those former Dragons would have no doubt been pissed off with our performance.

The Knights hadn't beaten us in the past 5 meetings at Kogarah - well the tide has really turned there and shows how bad we have become.

Congrats to Rava.

The Club needs to do so much to get fans interested in following the team and attendances, which costs an arm and a leg to many people, would not be worth it.

Flanagan definitely isn't the Messiah and even coaches such as Cleary, Robinson, Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett etc would have extreme difficulty in getting our club out of this mess.

A massive culling of players is essential and much improved replacements needed for another rebuild.

Next year we could see the same results and I can visualise that most scribes will be making us the wooden spooners in 2024.
Too right Dave, I feel sorry for all the members and fans and us especially in the forum, it would have been embarrassing for the ex players and for the Knights to do that with a reserve grade squad, was truly the final nail in the Dragons coffin. Good luck Flanno you are going to need it!!!

thebigredv

First Grade

good read.

Firstly, I would say I feel sorry for the fans that turned up but I don’t know why people are paying to go watch a broken team of a mis run club. You are suppose to use your hard earnt to pay for goods and services from professionals. We are more like a charity case that in return provide nothing for the local community. Not only have red v fans been one of the most passionate over the decades but are proving to be most loyal (and stupid). I can’t give fuel to this club but that’s another story…

Your summary of players is spot on. Not sure if it were the short drop outs or a Feagai running over the sideline on tackle 1 which were my highlights. Was willing to see Burns under Flannagan but he was beyond embarrassing and just another weak spot for the opposition to find.

I agree re Hunt. He may be no knight in shining armour himself but he is talented and dogged and is surrounded by such amateur players around him. Players that have been proven to be uncoachable and need to never play first grade again. We tried them, they’ve been tested, and failed. They don’t know what standards are and get rewarded by the likes of Carr/Hook/Mary when in reality they have no place in a white jersey with a red v on it.

“They didn’t even leave the field as a team”.
How typical is that. How ungrateful to the supporters can you be? That’s repulsive and yet I saw them laughing it up with all the knights reserve graders. I can’t and won’t put my support behind these pretenders. Panthers will wait for the interviews player to be released before they head in at half time. That’s the culture we should aspire to.

Last edited: