What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Predictions

Nutz

Bench
I predict the same sort of stereotype runs from our pack next year.
Whilst Klemmer was one of our better forwards stats wise, he's lost his impact. This is why we needed AFB.
Blokes like Pole, Matamua, are edge attack as is Bateman who is our roving fwd.
I'm hoping a young Samuela Fainu can take over late in the season and really step up in 2025 as a premier prop.
From what I've seen he can develop into an intimidating power fwd. Samuela has the look of a Haumole Olakau’atu or Koloamatangi. I'm hoping for a break out year for the lad....he still might need a year to develop so that's why I think he will be a goodin late in the season.
Alsi Kit has heaps of potential and he could also come into play late in the season.
Latu Fainu is a gem but I can't see him ousting Sullivan at ⅝. Maybe a backup dummy half if one of our hookers are injured or API in SOO. 2025 is a whole new kettle of fish though.

Nutz

Bench
@Vic Mackey
Apart from losing a Curran, a fwd with a huge tank, the Warriors really haven't been effected too much by losses.
Your prediction of runner-up may have merit Vic.
They also have their prodical son RTS returning a reliable fwd in Capewell.

Tigerm

First Grade
@Vic Mackey
Apart from losing a Curran, a fwd with a huge tank, the Warriors really haven't been effected too much by losses.
Your prediction of runner-up may have merit Vic.
They also have their prodical son RTS returning a reliable fwd in Capewell.
Do they lose AFB for 24 or was it for 25?

WA Tiger

Bench
Tigers
Where will the Tigers finish: 6th
Player of the year: Samuela Fainu
Top Try Scorer: Aimalo
Rookie of the year: Aimalo
Breakout Player: Sullivan at halfback
Who debuts: FainuX2, Lobb, Faagutu, Alaimolo .. (I’ll agree coz I don’t know half of them)
Any players in Origin: api
Disappointment of the year: Tupou again
Who will be our halves pairing at the end of the year: Sezer & Sullivan
Will Benji be deemed a success: yes. Like when he played he will see solutions and gaps to be filled and it will be done yesterday
Other random prediction: With Benjis coaxing Nofo gets his act together. We sign a good centre changing the whole dynamic of the team. With both wing and centre spots strong we easily hit the 8..
General NRL

Premiers: not the panthers
Runners Up: not the panthers
Wooden Spooners: manly ..how could they miss with brooks at half and Talau playing.They are due for another controversy
Do Dogs play finals: yes
Will Brooks play finals? No
Dally M: Faalogo
Other random prediction: Madge finds his place at origin.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I think if we are having a lot of debuts, we are having a shit year?
Not because of the debutants themselves, but because they are needed?

WA Tiger

Bench
That’s true then again it’s a way of finding the gems which we may uncover and we could do with to improve what we’ve got and fill some big gaps in a couple of positions. As long as we’re evolving for the better. This is prob a new thing.. I think Madge kept the same team for the whole time he was here…A bit of an exaggeration but still. Can u remember every Tuesday at 2 pm .. “o fk not the same team again !!!!” How long was Talau and a few others persisted with. Some coz of the cap others not… I can’t remember exactly which coach had the op to move players on and didn’t. But in key positions there wasn’t much evolving for the better going on. Esp in the spine. Obviously 9 and 1 look ok now. There definately has been in the forwards but a tweak here and there wouldn’t hurt

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Maybe, but a lot will depend on whether or not Luai is coming.
If he is and we haven't worked out our backline then that's not ideal.
Also depend on what's happening with AD, Blore and more importantly Noffa.
Addition to the prediction thread is Olam making his debut if we are successful in swapping him with Blore.

Tigerm

First Grade
That’s true then again it’s a way of finding the gems which we may uncover and we could do with to improve what we’ve got and fill some big gaps in a couple of positions. As long as we’re evolving for the better. This is prob a new thing.. I think Madge kept the same team for the whole time he was here…A bit of an exaggeration but still. Can u remember every Tuesday at 2 pm .. “o fk not the same team again !!!!” How long was Talau and a few others persisted with. Some coz of the cap others not… I can’t remember exactly which coach had the op to move players on and didn’t. But in key positions there wasn’t much evolving for the better going on. Esp in the spine. Obviously there has been in the forwards but a tweak here and there wouldn’t hurt
Agree, and we finally have some potential player depth, I don't think we have had this scenario for a long while?
But my point is, we should only be using them, for 3 reasons:
1. Current players not performing-though not after one or two games.
2. Players injured
3. If we are going shit and want to look at them probably means the season is all but over, imo.

I can't see anyone swapping players if the team is winning.
If the player is good enough, he will find his way into the side. Bula was a great example.