What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

age.s

First Grade
Both are great but will having 2 centres who are so similar hurt us?
I'm not sure theyre actually that similar. Both are on the power end of the spectrum, but May is much more explosive off the mark. Tago much more solid physically and more defensive experience.

Still to see May take on a genuinely tough defensive assignment tbf. But if he does well against a Staggs or Best we might be wishing we'd locked him down for relative peanuts.

WestyLife

First Grade
The other issue will be around Casey McLean. If he continues to develop and is the real deal well a spot is going to have to be found for him, perhaps as early as next season. I’m not talking down his brother, but Casey looks to be something special.

High praise. Is he the one that debuted or the younger one?

Finefeuiaki should be looked at closely. Looks like Kikau v2. He wouldn’t be on much at the Cows and his game time is limited by having Luki and Nanai ahead of him.

Genuinely think that’s one position the internal stocks might not be able to cover right now as far as total package. Size, height, strength, skill. Thoughts?

kinghippo

Juniors
Finefeuiaki should be looked at closely. Looks like Kikau v2. He wouldn’t be on much at the Cows and his game time is limited by having Luki and Nanai ahead of him.

Genuinely think that’s one position the internal stocks might not be able to cover right now as far as total package. Size, height, strength, skill. Thoughts?
Certainly worth looking at, if he ends up being anything like kikau it’s an obvious win.
We have a pretty delicate juggle of $$$ to worry about over the next few years picking the right signings is going to be essential.

Iamback

Coach
The other issue will be around Casey McLean. If he continues to develop and is the real deal well a spot is going to have to be found for him, perhaps as early as next season. I’m not talking down his brother, but Casey looks to be something special.

I still thing Tago in the backrow will be close to the best backrower in the comp.

age.s

First Grade
Stealing Kikau v1 and Kikau v2 from the same team would be epic. Just need another lively, tough, skillful hooker from Manly and the circle will be complete.

Original Name

Juniors
His form badly stalled last year but I'm hoping it was just his pec
But if he never gets proper treatment for injuries and relies on "natural" healing he'll continue to get an injury and fall out of form as the year goes on. Every player picks up and plays through injuries playing Rugby League. They just get actual treatment to be able to keep playing.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I still thing Tago in the backrow will be close to the best backrower in the comp.

I believe eventually that will be his place.
I very underconfident in re signing May, especially since he's signed up to 'Black Money'.

I have little idea what various players are worth, as it's so subjective. Could the 750 be with added in 3rd party deals, or am I living in Wonderland.

I wish I was more confident on May. But after the Luai contract and Black Money's dealings I'm not.

Suniva should not be a huge upgrade. What will Kenny be worth ?

Latest posts