What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Garner is the unknown.

He does a decent job but took a pay cut here, Likely pay double to keep him, I'd rather keep May over him.

The problem is Mav hasn't developed and guys like Hassett have a while to come on.

So bringing in someone makes sense but the loser clubs will pay more
I think you need to see Mav in the NRL before you pass judgement. He’ll go well when he gets his shot.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'd love to hear Blade's comments about this deal. Like others I get the feeling it's been slightly inflated by the media.

He has the potential to be a gun centre (Tago) from what I can see.

Also have the feeling that Critta left to play fullback at the high end of 800.000 and the potential to be more. (just my bias thoughts, that Penrith can do no wrong) :p

soc123_au

Staff member
I'd love to hear Blade's comments about this deal. Like others I get the feeling it's been slightly inflated by the media.

He has the potential to be a gun centre (Tago) from what I can see.

Also have the feeling that Critta left to play fullback at the high end of 800.000 and the potential to be more. (just my bias thoughts, that Penrith can do no wrong) :p
@Blade23 would probably have a better idea on what Critta left for. If it's 800 he jumped too early imo. If he played out 23 unsigned he could have gotten a bit more I reckon. Risky though if he had copped an injury.

Doubt blade can/will go into specifics around individual deals, but any sort of confirmation Tago’s deal was less than reported would be nice.

I shudder to think what May will ask for if Tago did actually get that amount.

Goonji

Juniors
Because that was 1 game…. Name a first grade player that hasn’t been a “Defensive Liability” at some point in their career.

If you want another critter type player, he’s the best option.
I’d start him on the wing.
I remember Stephen Crichton getting carved up by Waqa Blake (Eels version) early in his1st grade career.

Goonji

Juniors
Doubt blade can/will go into specifics around individual deals, but any sort of confirmation Tago’s deal was less than reported would be nice.

I shudder to think what May will ask for if Tago did actually get that amount.
Tago has runs on the board, while May at centre, is still a work in progress.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If he keeps just going through the motions in NSW Cup he won't get a shot
What exactly is “Gong through motions”. What exactly are you looking for him to do?

What was Liam Martin doing in reserve grade that Mav isn’t?

His not some sort of Kikau style dominant freak of a player.

Iamback

Coach
What exactly is “Gong through motions”. What exactly are you looking for him to do?

What was Liam Martin doing in reserve grade that Mav isn’t?

His not some sort of Kikau style dominant freak of a player.

Offload, break tackles, Something that sets him apart from what we already have in the side

Martin was always a great tackler, He hit guys hard which given the stage of the team at the time was what was needed

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
@Blade23 would probably have a better idea on what Critta left for. If it's 800 he jumped too early imo. If he played out 23 unsigned he could have gotten a bit more I reckon. Risky though if he had copped an injury.

I understand. I have a new laptop (with a really strong ad blocker on it). So I've lost the ability to like posts.

So hence my comment.

(I know senior with sight issues...)
Cat Swag GIF by MOODMAN

hindy111

Post Whore
I never beleive paper numbers. Always bullshit. Lomax is not on 800k and do you think Joey Leilua was on 900k at Cowboys like they reported?
My guess is Tago would be getting around 600k 650k tops.

Iamback

Coach
I never beleive paper numbers. Always bullshit. Lomax is not on 800k and do you think Joey Leilua was on 900k at Cowboys like they reported?
My guess is Tago would be getting around 600k 650k tops.

It does seem overs but Chammas is close to the club, He is one journo that would know

Latest posts