What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers lower grades 2024

Iamback

Coach
Look I don’t have the best footy IQ but what is the big deal about Mav Geyer? I mean he did nothing wrong but he didn’t stand out- am I missing something?

No that is him.

He is in no where land atm. Younger better prospects and he has stalled

Alintheeast

Juniors
No that is him.

He is in no where land atm. Younger better prospects and he has stalled
I remember the first time I saw his Dad play in reserve grade there was consensus on the Hill that he will kill somebody or play for Oz one day. Looked like the Aussie version of Mean Joe Greene and Mav just doesn’t have that temperament.

Iamback

Coach
I remember the first time I saw his Dad play in reserve grade there was consensus on the Hill that he will kill somebody or play for Oz one day. Looked like the Aussie version of Mean Joe Greene and Mav just doesn’t have that temperament.

I get that too. The way our squad is built we need guys on his tier to be better

Kilkenny

Coach
AA
Hmm wasn’t watching but always good to beat the rorters. How big is Casey reckon he could handle some cup this year?

On cup, few names I’m not familiar with overall pretty good looking team on paper. Two halves with fg exp, iongi great talent with lots of cup experience and once sommo or Luke drops back(or both) a good hooker(Scott obviously has talent but I’ve not seen him at this level yet). Also Cole to come in when he’s fit. Hoping for a much better year with that squad. Probably only question is if the younger forwards can step up and lay the platform but the backs and spine is very good.
Apparently Flegg wasn’t live-streamed. You’ll enjoy watching the Casey McLean tries once highlights are available first one out of dummy half, middle of the field scooted thru the line and run 70. The second was from a scrum, he had swapped positions and was on the wing, we worked an overlap and he dashed 60 untouched. He currently probable similar in weight to his brother but he looks an inch or two taller to me.

NSW Cup side should have won by more, but every time we got more than 6 in front we seemed to give them a gift to get them back in the game. I think the Rooster centre who got a hat trick was a former Panthers junior. It was thirty plus degrees during both games so conditions were challenging. I thought there was some solid performers although not sure anyone did enough to get into the 17 for the Eels game.

Kilkenny

Coach
Probably have to watch a fully replay on TV as what you see on TV is often different how you see the game live.

It was clear to see yesterday Geyer is significantly bigger. He played the full 80 I think which is to his credit because conditions were tough. He probably didn’t do anything to catch the eye but was solid against a big Roosters pack.

Im sort of disappointed we are playing Riki thru the middle, I think his size, height, mobility offers more wider of the ruck. I think he has something about him that could be good for our team.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Probably have to watch a fully replay on TV as what you see on TV is often different how you see the game live.

It was clear to see yesterday Geyer is significantly bigger. He played the full 80 I think which is to his credit because conditions were tough. He probably didn’t do anything to catch the eye but was solid against a big Roosters pack.

Im sort of disappointed we are playing Riki thru the middle, I think his size, height, mobility offers more wider of the ruck. I think he has something about him that could be good for our team.
I've read about Riki for so long. I feel if he hasn't made it yet then he won't

Luke Bowden

First Grade
AA

Apparently Flegg wasn’t live-streamed. You’ll enjoy watching the Casey McLean tries once highlights are available first one out of dummy half, middle of the field scooted thru the line and run 70. The second was from a scrum, he had swapped positions and was on the wing, we worked an overlap and he dashed 60 untouched. He currently probable similar in weight to his brother but he looks an inch or two taller to me.

NSW Cup side should have won by more, but every time we got more than 6 in front we seemed to give them a gift to get them back in the game. I think the Rooster centre who got a hat trick was a former Panthers junior. It was thirty plus degrees during both games so conditions were challenging. I thought there was some solid performers although not sure anyone did enough to get into the 17 for the Eels game.

Geyer is good to go