What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers lower grades 2024

Iamback

Coach
Doing well to hold them to 0 so far, since the first few minutes its been all in our half, bounce of the ball and most calls going parra way.

Alamoti defending pretty well, his lateral movement doesnt look so bad its been tested a few times so far.

Alamoti looks a far better player in defence out there

Iamback

Coach
Well he's had a pre season at the best defensive club in history and ivan definitely would've made him work off those burgers 😂

Both games he has got to the 15th minute and has been out of breath but hasn't missed an asignment and still got his power game

Kilkenny

Coach
Jersey Flegg boys won easily 22-0 but there was some pretty ordinary footy by us. Our completion rate second half was terrible a lot of basic mistakes in possession.

Casey McLean scored our last try set up by back rower Riley Wake. Other than his try had a quiet game, made errors playing the ball on his first two possessions.

Our best was Billy Phillips, similar build and playing style to Isaiah Yeo. He definitely has a future and should progress further.

Riley Smith was up for it against his former club and team mates, had a few angry moments. He tries hard I’ll give him that much but He just isn’t good enough overall and I don’t see him progressing further other than a gig for a Sydney Shield side. Should have stuck with cricket I think.

So comfortable win, even if the performance was only average.

Jersey Flegg boys won easily 22-0 but there was some pretty ordinary footy by us. Our completion rate second half was terrible a lot of basic mistakes in possession.

Casey McLean scored our last try set up by back rower Riley Wake. Other than his try had a quiet game, made errors playing the ball on his first two possessions.

Our best was Billy Phillips, similar build and playing style to Isaiah Yeo. He definitely has a future and should progress further.

Riley Smith was up for it against his former club and team mates, had a few angry moments. He tries hard I’ll give him that much but He just isn’t good enough overall and I don’t see him progressing further other than a gig for a Sydney Shield side. Should have stuck with cricket I think.

So comfortable win, even if the performance was only average.
Billy Phillips is one to keep an eye on. Billy comes from Lake Cargelligo in the central West of the state.

Kilkenny

Coach
Billy Phillips is one to keep an eye on. Billy comes from Lake Cargelligo in the central West of the state.
Played all bar the last 5 when he was given a rest at the end. Assuming we hang onto him I would expect he will train full time with the full time squad next preseason. He created our third try with a line break thru the middle ran 30/40 Drew the fullback and put our fullback over under the posts. He has some growing to do but should fill out very nicely.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think the NSW Cup game is on Foxtel on Saturday so that is a bonus. Prelude to the Bulldogs home game.

The Flegg game will be an interesting contest both the Dogs and us 2-0 although there for and against has the on top. Never been to Hammondville Oval might venture down if I have nothing else to do.

NSW Cup shapes as a decent contest the Bulldogs side has a lot of NRL experience.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
I finally got to watch them. Particularly keen to see McLean since him and his brother are the biggest hopes for the future by the sounds of it.

Cup side looks crisp. Any reason why Schneider was pulled out? Alamoti’s goal kicking has been great. Laurie is looking real swift.

Forwards are belting the dogs forwards. Immediate depth looks great.

Hooked

Juniors
My Thoughts on a few players

Iongi- Very safe at the back. A touch of class when he chimes in attack. Will make a good solid fullback. Most likely elsewhere.

Mclean - Had one good run, caught out in defence. Still some work to do. Others stood out more. Made 3 errors.

Peach - scored a try.

Fale- Nice try. A couple of linebreaks. A big fella. Could end up the backrow. Nice game from him. Good combo with Toelau.

Alamoti- Was in everything. Very good carries, keen to fight for the ball when it was loose on the ground. Solid in defence. Very impressed.

Toelau- Nice touches of class. Had line breaks, try assists, tries, and forced drop outs. Made one silly error but he look very good. Very crafty in attack. His ball to Fale was a beaut.

Laurie- Had a mixed bag of a game. Couple of line breaks and assists. Backed up well for a try. Did a couple of dumb errors.

Riki- Solid. Better with his carries after his sin binning.

Luke- Looked crafty out of dummy half but over played his hand at times

Grant- Pick of the forwards in the first half. Everyone one of his carries he put his body on the line. Strong game from him. Only thing with him he does have handling error in him.

Sommerton. Strong in defence, Scored a nice sneaky try. Didn't do much wrong. Played a bit of lock after
Price went off.

Hassett. - Worked hard in defence. Solid in carries.

Mav Geyer- Not seeing it. Had a nice flick off load that led to a try. But the rest of his game was going through the motions. Didn't hit hard in runs or defence.

Price- Picked up an injury early. Pity.

Lisati- Had some good carries.

Patea- Got through a lot of work. Added some grunt.

Apelu- Our best forward in the 2nd half. Ran hard, Got through a mountain of work. A lovely off load that
led to a try. Quick play the ball from a big man. Like Grant didn't miss a tackle. Very impressive.

Last edited:

Latest posts