What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 2024: 8pm Penrith v Eels GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium March 15th

DaveMc

Juniors
When was lomax identified as a key target.

We decide to wait 6 months after flanno has his feet under the desk to go after him.

Why didnt we just chase him last year when the joint was a basketcase and hook was still running the show.

No way in hell Flanagan will let him go this year at a minimum. He won't want to set a precedent to be walked over by players.
I have a gut feel he’ll be here by the end of April. We’ll have to give something for it, but I think he’ll land.

hindy111

Post Whore
Did you see Carty defending there too. , been involved in footy for a long time and if you don’t have another decent back it’s tough. Wingers just can’t be covered easily. Thought I was pointing out the obvious, seems it’s blame BA without seeing there were no basic alternatives. From the get go we have been short of backline players, we have a recruitment committee, where are they answering the obvious.

What I don't understand is why you'd have Hands on the bench and give him 3 mins. If he is there only for cover who is he covering? One position Hooker.
Better to carry a back on the bench. There is 5 of them who can get injured vs 1 hooker.
Plus Guth and Bryce can cover halves.

I like Hands on the bench but I would give him atleast 30mins.Lussick is average at best.

Simmo will be out next week. I think Blaze debuts.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I thought this the other day.. As soon as there was issue with Thier last coach I would have signed Lomax.

Flanno didn't let Hunt walk away bo way he lets anyone else.
Yeah March 25 last year we came out we were chasing an x-factor.

Lomax was being coached by a bigger dope in Griffin who was nearly out the door.

Yet again we wait too long and now it won't happen.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Sigh....it's just too hard to be supportive of BA when he does the things he does...

2 mins for hands?? What's the point??

10 to go and we are on the attack with a tired lussick, and you'd think the smart thing to do is put on a fresh player....I just don't understand the guy. I don't understand how he's still in this job 11 years later....I'm over it...

Parra Pride

Coach
What I don't understand is why you'd have Hands on the bench and give him 3 mins. If he is there only for cover who is he covering? One position Hooker.
Better to carry a back on the bench. There is 5 of them who can get injured vs 1 hooker.

I like Hands on the bench but I would give him atleast 30mins.Lussick is average at best.

Same reason this fraud had his son on the bench in a Grand Final with no intention to actually put him on the field until the game was lost.

Delboy

First Grade
Even if we had more depth in the backline that depth would not have been on the bench. Better backline players get concussed too. I don’t get your point buddy.
We may have had a someone with backline utility , winger is fr too difficult to replace in game, Jack Gibson stated that all the time. Our Reggie’s backline is dirt, thought Tualagi was the best option but the lack of options across the backs sucks, always seemed if we had more than one injury we had problems and it shows.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I have a gut feel he’ll be here by the end of April. We’ll have to give something for it, but I think he’ll land.
I have my doubts.

Flanagan is a stubborn prick he wants to make a statement. And show everyone he is charge.

We could have got him for giving up nothing last year when the Dragons didn't have a coach.

What's changed in 12 months if anything Lomax form has gotten worse since then.

Soto

Bench

Blaze is the better option of a very ordinary 3/4 line up in reserve grade who will butcher matches for us in the nsw cup despite the fwds doing a good job

DaveMc

Juniors
I have my doubts.

Flanagan is a stubborn prick he wants to make a statement. And show everyone he is charge.

We could have got him for giving up nothing last year when the Dragons didn't have a coach.

What's changed in 12 months if anything Lomax form has gotten worse since then.
I’m basing it on nothing more than a hunch, and could be totally off, but this type of media noise usually only hangs around where there’s fire.

And I can’t answer why we wouldn’t have made a play last year for Lomax, other than I suspect that he probably wasn’t on our radar at the time as we were looking for an even better outside back option. But who that might’ve been, and why we didn’t have a go earlier, undoubtedly raises a whole other set of questions.

Avenger

Immortal
We may have had a someone with backline utility , winger is fr too difficult to replace in game, Jack Gibson stated that all the time. Our Reggie’s backline is dirt, thought Tualagi was the best option but the lack of options across the backs sucks, always seemed if we had more than one injury we had problems and it shows.
But that utility is Hands. He can play at 6, lock and hooker. Yet BA didn't put him on until the 77th min. He could have put Brown to defend in the centres when Penrith had the ball where we had our version of the Grand Canyon.

Delboy

First Grade

Have to seen our Reggie’s backline play, spoke to someone from the Riff junior reps and he was watching KOE cup, and he said to me, there are players in the Eels backs out there that would struggle to get in St Mary’s Ron Massey. Have a look at the 2 to 5 that was selected and the 6 , wouldn’t trust any of them on the bench.

hindy111

Post Whore
Have to seen our Reggie’s backline play, spoke to someone from the Riff junior reps and he was watching KOE cup, and he said to me, there are players in the Eels backs out there that would struggle to get in St Mary’s Ron Massey. Have a look at the 2 to 5 that was selected and the 6 , wouldn’t trust any of them on the bench.

Maverick Geyer out ran Lumelume for a try......

Anyhows. Dust has settled. We did ok overall tonight. Still prefer Grieg,Doorey and Morretti over a few picked.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Bailey won't play next week.

Sivo is still out who plays wing.

Haze Dunster or Blaize are the only 2 realistically options I can really see.

Unless Asi goes into the centres and Harper onto the wing.

Thank christ Jason Saab is out his speed would kill us next week.

Delboy

First Grade
Bailey won't play next week.

Sivo is still out who plays wing.

Haze Dunster or Blaize are the only 2 realistically options I can really see.

Unless Asi goes into the centres and Harper onto the wing.

Thank christ Jason Saab is out his speed would kill us next week.
Asi should not be considered when he has defence as an option .

lucablight

First Grade
Maverick Geyer out ran Lumelume for a try......

Anyhows. Dust has settled. We did ok overall tonight. Still prefer Grieg,Doorey and Morretti over a few picked.
The thing I don’t understand is why we are wasting our time? I understand that every team needs to have backup players but you should be filling those spots with youngsters who could potentially make it someday or backups that can do a job if needed in first grade. This is just a waste of a spot.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Hands basically isn’t big enough to defend in the centres, we don’t have backline cover, go ask the HOF why that is. Been obvious for a couple of years.
Hands defends at 6, Drown at centre and Harper at wing. It’s not rocket science. I’m blown away how clueless BA is. I actually gave him far more credit than he deserves.

I’m speechless after that game.

Latest posts