What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northern Eagles. Central Coast. Gosford

Canard

Immortal
You won't get any common sense out of Dane. He's an ideologue with delusions of grandeur. The bloke rants endlessly about expansion markets being vital to providing new fans and players to the game, yet the team he supports has done done sweet f**k all to increase participation in its market after 40 years of competing in the NSWRL/ARL/Super League/NRL.

View attachment 85439

The example set by the team he supports makes a mockery of his argument.
Northern Territory has less than half as many people as the ACT, yet it has almost twice as many players. They've managed this without a team. Kids in Canberra are only interested in dressing up like Greta Thunberg.
An imaginary line might show this to be the ACT's participation, but I would assume that RL is played in, and around ,the area of NSW that surrounds the ACT and is in fact part of the Raiders catchment (i.e. for example Queanbeyan, Yass etc.)

So I assume these stats are a bit of bullshit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How are Manly perceived in Gosford I wonder? Locals holding a grudge they dudded them out of a team or was it long enough ago that people don’t care
I think its important to think about whats trying to be achieved in this situation. is it to try and get the good people of Gosford to become Manly fans or is it to just give them some live NRl to keep them interested in RL? The strategy would be quite different depending on the objective.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There are just as many Queenslanders playing outside of Queensland as there are non-Queenslanders playing for Queensland clubs.

Many of Queensland's best players never played for a Queensland NRL club. The club you support won several premierships on the back of star players from Queensland.
How many north qlnders are playing for warriors? You're happy for qlnd clubs to rape NZ of talent when not giving anything back? Hypocrite. Cowboys have as many kiwis in the squad as Nq'ers. Hmmmmm

ps Cowboys prop Taunoa-Brown was born in Melbourne and came through the Vic jnr system!

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I see our NSW expert AFL Red has no idea that Gosford is just as close to Newcastle as it is Manly.

I'd suggest a fair number of Central Coast residents are knights fans.

Nutz

Bench
It makes sense for Manly to expand into the Central Coast.

Would the club continue to be called Manly Warringah Sea Eagles or just l call themselves Sea Eagles?
It has to be CCC, great for art work. If only I could think of a word that starts with C and ends with S...???

How are Manly perceived in Gosford I wonder? Locals holding a grudge they dudded them out of a team or was it long enough ago that people don’t care
I wouldn't blame locals for hating them. Manly had a chance to grow their fanbase and become a much stronger club. Now they're stuck in Manly.

How many north qlnders are playing for warriors? You're happy for qlnd clubs to rape NZ of talent when not giving anything back? Hypocrite. Cowboys have as many kiwis in the squad as Nq'ers. Hmmmmm

ps Cowboys prop Taunoa-Brown was born in Melbourne and came through the Vic jnr system!
Plenty of North Queenslanders have played for the Warriors over the years.

Kevin Campion
Michael Luck
Nathan Fien
Jacob Lillyman
George Gatis
Grant Rovelli
Paul Dezolt

There's probably been more, but they're players who I remember playing for the Warriors.

If you were a rugby league fan then you would know that these North Queenslanders played for the Warriors.

I've been advocating for NZ 2 and NZ 3 for years, BTW. You've been rallying against NZ 2 because you view it as a threat to Perth.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
Am i right in believing that if the delay to the construction of the central coast stadium had not happened then the bears would probably still be in the competition today?
Yes. Northern eagles. Got messed about with the stadium. Council. Finance. ARL. Nswrl. And messed about the big time with the manly Eagles. Ended up being a shambles

Perth Red

Post Whore
Plenty of North Queenslanders have played for the Warriors over the years.

Kevin Campion
Michael Luck
Nathan Fien
Jacob Lillyman
George Gatis
Grant Rovelli
Paul Dezolt

There's probably been more, but they're players who I remember playing for the Warriors.

If you were a rugby league fan then you would know that these North Queenslanders played for the Warriors.

I've been advocating for NZ 2 and NZ 3 for years, BTW. You've been rallying against NZ 2 because you view it as a threat to Perth.
lol,
zero nq‘ers in warriors, 7 kiwis in cowboys
yet melbourne and Perth signing qlnders is outrageous, you’re an idiot lol

lol,
zero nq‘ers in warriors, 7 kiwis in cowboys
yet melbourne and Perth signing qlnders is outrageous, you’re an idiot lol
Is this the best troll you can put together?

It makes no sense.

For a start, you're basically implying that the Storm systemically cheating the salary cap to hold onto superstars from North Queensland, such as Billy Slater, is okay because there's no North Queenslanders in the current Warriors team?

Billy is the best fullback of all-time. He was born and raised in North Queensland. Never played a game for the Cowboys. Helped the Storm win numerous premierships.

How many players from Melbourne and Perth have brought as much success to an NRL club as Billy Slater achieved during his time with the Storm?

Cowboys never cheated the salary cap to poach New Zealanders away from the Warriors.

Plenty of North Queenslanders have represented all NRL clubs. Some of them never played a game for the Cowboys.

Justin O'Neil and Dallas Johnson were North Queenslanders. Both were poached by the Storm before being released after they reached their peak and finished their careers with the Cowboys.

Just because there's no North Queenslanders at the Warriors right now doesn't mean the club hasn't benefited from the region's talent. At least seven Cowboys players were recruited by the Warriors over the last 20 years. Some of these players played representative football. It's more than Melbourne and Perth has contributed to the Warriors.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is this the best troll you can put together?

It makes no sense.

For a start, you're basically implying that the Storm systemically cheating the salary cap to hold onto superstars from North Queensland, such as Billy Slater, is okay because there's no North Queenslanders in the current Warriors team?

Billy is the best fullback of all-time. He was born and raised in North Queensland. Never played a game for the Cowboys. Helped the Storm win numerous premierships.

How many players from Melbourne and Perth have brought as much success to an NRL club as Billy Slater achieved during his time with the Storm?

Cowboys never cheated the salary cap to poach New Zealanders away from the Warriors.

Plenty of North Queenslanders have represented all NRL clubs. Some of them never played a game for the Cowboys.

Justin O'Neil and Dallas Johnson were North Queenslanders. Both were poached by the Storm before being released after they reached their peak and finished their careers with the Cowboys.

Just because there's no North Queenslanders at the Warriors right now doesn't mean the club hasn't benefited from the region's talent. At least seven Cowboys players were recruited by the Warriors over the last 20 years. Some of these players played representative football. It's more than Melbourne and Perth has contributed to the Warriors.
7 players out of a 32 man squad and youve the cheek to criticise other clubs over player development lol
people in glass houses and all that

Canard

Immortal
@Perth Red @Get Rid of The Donkeys

who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

7 players out of a 32 man squad and youve the cheek to criticise other clubs over player development lol
people in glass houses and all that
How many North Queenslanders are playing for other clubs?

Thomas Flegler and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow are North Queenslanders playing for the Dolphins.

The output ain't bad for a sparsely populated region that has less than 500k people over an area greater in size than Great Britain.

How many Western Australians played for the Western Reds?

Has the Melbourne Storm ever had seven local players in their squad at the same.time, with several others playing elsewhere?

Last edited:

Latest posts