What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Wests Tigers @Bathurst

mxlegend99

Referee
Tigers a real chance at the upset here. Between Cleary being unlikely to return, May being dumb as his brother is, and our side already being pretty average once you get to the bench. We are definitely vulnerable.

But losing to Tigers has become a good luck charm for us. Almost as if it’s so humiliating we hit rock bottom and turn it around.

murraymob

Coach
We could have Cleary and luia both out would be a major win for us if that’s the case.we also could move a lot lower on the ladder with a loss

kinghippo

Juniors
May wants to be a gangster, not a football player.

The chip he has on his shoulder is bigger than he will ever be.

May wants to be a gangster, not a football player.

The chip he has on his shoulder is bigger than he will ever be.
Fortunately for some there is no legislated crime of "Stupidity".

Yes, whoever was driving was stupid, whoever posted it to social media is only encouraging stupidity.

Not condoning anything, we've all done stupid stuff. I personally am surprised I made it to my 60's with some of the stupid things I did when I was younger. And most of it was in cars.

Iamback

Coach
Fortunately for some there is no legislated crime of "Stupidity".

Yes, whoever was driving was stupid, whoever posted it to social media is only encouraging stupidity.

Not condoning anything, we've all done stupid stuff. I personally am surprised I made it to my 60's with some of the stupid things I did when I was younger. And most of it was in cars.

That is the issue.

90% of May's followers are because he plays NRL, Videos like that hurt the club and game as well.

Happy for him to be a dickhead privately

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That is the issue.

90% of May's followers are because he plays NRL, Videos like that hurt the club and game as well.

Happy for him to be a dickhead privately

So true Iamback, so true.

The bloke grates my gears (off the footy field). Probably because I'm an old girl that not fond of face and neck tats (at any price).

On the footy field though is what he's been paid for. I hope he learns some lessons soon......social media and tiny are not a good mix.

Game is gunna be real tough this week. W/T are after a scalp and we won't have Nathan and possibly not even Luai.

It means the rest of the team will have to muscle up big time. Not leave it for someone else.

Fangs

Coach

17 looks good and more than a match for the Tigers.

I'm sticking with my original prediction. Coming off a poor loss to Manly and the bye we will win well.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Cleary was on course to return from a hamstring injury, suffered back in round three, this Saturday against the Wests Tigers.

But the coach said the key playmaker needed another week before returning to the field.

“No he’s not. Not this week. He’s going well. He’s had a bit more awareness (of the hamstring) at the start, more than we thought, based on the scans. You have to respect that,” Cleary said.

Nathan Cleary will not suit up for Penrith in Round 7, but Ivan Cleary has shot down suggestions he had suffered a setback.

Nathan has been able to run freely but has not yet fully progressed back into full training.

“We’ve moved it out a bit. We’re pretty hopeful for next week. He could probably play this week but until he does more training... he’s going well,” Cleary said.

“Running, he’s been doing heaps of that now he’s just have to come back into to team stuff, which he has been doing. But until he can do that for a full week then we are not going to play.”

Cleary also confirmed Jarome Luai has overcome a knee injury picked up in the loss to Manly in round six. “Romy is going well. He is playing,” Luai said.

Backrower Scott Sorensen has missed the last with a knee injury but will return this weekend. —Fatima Kdouh

Girds89

Bench
I think changes will be made but Ivan has named a terrible bench again

The whole idea ivan plays tricks and suprises stopped years ago.

For the most part over the last 3 or so years ivan has been honest and truthful in the 1-17. If a players been unfit or may miss out hes often said so in the coaches run press conference.

I exoect us to be 1-17. Only chamges will be a late injury or illness.

Girds89

Bench
Wouldn't be taking the tigers lately for a second..different team this year.

Api say no more

Bula is in great form

Stefano has been epic..spencer like..can see the reasom why hes been hyped for so long.

There back row is very good.

We should win even without nath..but take them lightly for a sec and we will get done..comp this year is so tight. Only a few crap teams unlike years gone by where there were a few easier wins..not this year..

Need to aim up.

Fish, leota, martin especially.. has been a slow start to the year for those 3..

Luai needs to step up.. cant play one good game without nath.

Tago and tiny have had a week off..need to aim up.

And lindsay, hemry and garns off the bench need to be at their best.

I want to see some energy this week that was clearly lacking against the eagles.

Forwards and backs need to give schnieder space and time. At the end of the day hes a back up 7 and no different to cogs or sos.. not going to get us out of a whole like nath can. He needs to play on the front foot..

The wim this week is crucial.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Penrith could be top of table Sunday night if they beat Wests by say 20. Easts can beat Storm Cowboys beat Sharks by 5 or less Eels beat Dolphins and Broncs beat Raiders. Happy Days
Case for the negitive:
If Roosters, Warriors, Dolphins,Manly, Broncos, Knights and Cowboys win and Penrith lose by 18 to the Tigers, we end up 11th.
So it is a very important game. Must win. Please.