What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
$275K pa got him.........Parra snoozed.
We would've gotten Papali'i for that much but when he came off contract it would've cost heaps more to keep him and we would've lost other players. So we let him go. When you overpay players there is an opportunity cost, no matter how old they are. This is what you did upgrading Utoikamanu after his first season. We would've had to do the same for Papali'i after 12 months if we wanted to keep him, but the extra cost would've stopped us keeping the team that got to the grand final.

Tiger5150

Bench
We would've gotten Papali'i for that much but when he came off contract it would've cost heaps more to keep him and we would've lost other players. So we let him go. When you overpay players there is an opportunity cost, no matter how old they are. This is what you did upgrading Utoikamanu after his first season. We would've had to do the same for Papali'i after 12 months if we wanted to keep him, but the extra cost would've stopped us keeping the team that got to the grand final.
Im sure you are right and Parra did the right thing no matter what and the Tigers are suckers......

Enjoy old men Barlow & RCG, Lussick, Kelma, Joffa & Matto over the next 3 years mate....too smart for us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Im sure you are right and Parra did the right thing no matter what and the Tigers are suckers......
It’s not that, it’s just that it’s pointless bragging about individual players in your team. If you’re paying too much what’s the point of having them?
Enjoy old men Barlow & RCG, Lussick, Kelma, Joffa & Matto over the next 3 years mate....too smart for us.
You’re under the misapprehension you suddenly have a better squad than us. Is three straight losses really something to boast about?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
EVERYTHING IS THE f**kING PROBLEM. The lack of accountability, systems, recruitment, coaching, roster management. Let me know if you need any further detail
Were all these things problems when we were making the finals or did you only become an expert when we started losing more than we won?

JokerEel

Coach
Were all these things problems when we were making the finals or did you only become an expert when we started losing more than we won?

Yes as they say defense is attitude and our defense has been shit for years which means our attitude has been shit for years. Just because we made the finals doesn't mean these is we're not there. They just get masked.

Which is poor coaching.
Poor leadership.
Poor recruiting and Retention.

If you can tell me why we are good at any of the above in 2024 lll listen..

Wally21

Bench
When did you become an expert? That’s right, when you were trying to convince everyone that Kearney was not the problem as coach.
As I have said before, you are such a great judge of talent.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes as they say defense is attitude and our defense has been shit for years which means our attitude has been shit for years. Just because we made the finals doesn't mean these is we're not there. They just get masked.

Which is poor coaching.
Poor leadership.
Poor recruiting and Retention.

If you can tell me why we are good at any of the above in 2024 lll listen..
I'm more interested to know why we were able to mask our shit attitudes between 2019 and 2022. We need to get some of that back, not fixate on the present.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When did you become an expert? That’s right, when you were trying to convince everyone that Kearney was not the problem as coach.
Well he wasn't. That's why the Warriors signed him. It's also why Stuart came in and lost more games than Kearney. The problem was the roster ruined by post-2009 back ended contracts.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
what would you expect him to say? especially to Buzzzzzz? dont get me wrong, I don't particularly rate the board , but what they says to the media and what is actually happening are likely to be two different things. he isn't going to bag the team and the coach to a national media outlet. where will that get us?
Sounding like a clueless boob with his head up his arse isn’t doing much good either.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The fact McDuffy or whatever his name is says BA’s position has not even been considered because we won against Cowboys and Manly and it’s hard to play in Canberra and Moses is injured speaks volumes for why we are where we are.

we’re going nowhere fast until we have people running the club that care about on-field results
Doesn’t help the Chairman is an alleged Dragons fan, somehow he lands a gig as our chairman. And don’t start me on how the CEO wormed his way through the back door to get his position.

Legal Eel

Juniors
People are dumb IRL as well. They want scapegoats for everything. You can't have a rational discussion about emotional topics in real life so I don't bother. I save it for the internet.

This is why I prefer to discuss the Eels with non-Parra fans, for this reason. They are far more likely to be rational, unless they actively hate the Eels.
In other words, you would never express these opinions to someone who can see your face or knows your name - you save those for trolling on the internet.

I also have news for you, non-parra fans universally believe that BA should be gone as well

Wally21

Bench
In other words, you would never express these opinions to someone who can see your face or knows your name - you save those for trolling on the internet.

I also have news for you, non-parra fans universally believe that BA should be gone as well
He doesn’t care LE. I got sucked in last night. Then had the shits with myself for being stupid enough to engage in his garbage.

Latest posts