What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

TruSaint

Referee
Please don't forget that the BBQ incident was in the middle of the second wave of a pandemic. A lot of apologists for the BBQ thing act like it was no big deal. It was in the middle of a time when I was at work in health care watching patients at a local nursing home dying like flies everyday due to Covid. Fine one day, dead 2 days later. In huge numbers.
The players also had the potential to stop the entire NRL in its tracks if they got infected inside the bubble.
Drongos need to stop acting like the BBQ thing was a minor incident deserving of a slap on the wrist.

This!!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dogs player Topine is launching legal proceedings against the Dogs. Lets see how much coverage this gets. Is the NRL going to step in for the kid or protect their favourite club that can get away with whatever the want. How will this get swept under the carpet like the pub shares salary cap slip up by their sponsor.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Why the delay. Money I suppose. Is S'ua being mercenary , if so why as he has already said he is happy here. Accept what is being offered now and if he continues this kinda form he can expect a rise shortly.
I think it is more about the length of the contract S'ua wants.....i believe we are not keen on 4 years (we want 3 years).....and then timing with signing up a few of our juniors beyond 2025

We dont have any of our backrow juniors SG Ball, NSW Cup players that we rate highly (that are next up) contracted beyond 2025 at this stage and no doubt we are juggling Latu etc for longer contracts

We have to show them a clear pathway for them to sign on for 2026/27 etc

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Dogs player Topine is launching legal proceedings against the Dogs. Lets see how much coverage this gets. Is the NRL going to step in for the kid or protect their favourite club that can get away with whatever the want. How will this get swept under the carpet like the pub shares salary cap slip up by their sponsor.
Yes, you are probably right Slip.

Didn't RFM get some harsh treatment from Gus and Ciraldo as well when RFM met with them to report about the tough training that a lot of the other players were complaining about?

Topine's contract was terminated by the Bulldogs and I'm not sure that he was paid out.

cusnjed

Juniors
100% and Lomax was the cook as he proudly said in the fletch and hindy segment. Players just didnt care and still laugh it off as nothing but thats why Vaughan, Norman, Dufty, Kerr etc are gone and Lomax is going. Debelin, Lawrie and Bird were apart of that aswell so we will see if the same trend follows with them.

BLM01

First Grade
100% and Lomax was the cook as he proudly said in the fletch and hindy segment. Players just didnt care and still laugh it off as nothing but thats why Vaughan, Norman, Dufty, Kerr etc are gone and Lomax is going. Debelin, Lawrie and Bird were apart of that aswell so we will see if the same trend follows with them.
I think you will find Bird and JDB seem to be vested in what the coach is trying to do with the club. Yes Lawrie is Lomax's best mate and yeh they would like to be playing together. Lawrie will get over it as they have phones and cars these days

BLM01

First Grade
Thanks TheRev. Yes that's right Luc got 2 weeks suspension handed down by the Cowboys for not disclosing that he was charged for low level drink driving. So in the case of Trindall, who did disclose his charge, he might just get suspended for the one week by the Sharks and his charge, which will be heard in court in May, will be a different matter which will probably be a fine and licence suspension for maybe 12 months.

He could be in the team to play against us in a couple of weeks time.
No he is stood down for an indefinite period. he wont be back in a week.

BLM01

First Grade
Luc was 0.06. but it wasnt the offence but that he didnt tell the NRL that got him the suspension.. was 2 weeks and we talked it down to 1 iirc.

Trindall blew 0.125 @ 9.45am in the morning.. on a suspended licence, potentially on drugs too (that part is unconfirmed I believe).. thats an impressive night out.. I do wonder who he was partying with.. especially after we were crucified for a team bbq.
They were at Rudolph's house who has a self imposed alcohol (not sure what else) ban and reportedly said enough at 12.00 after their big win and Trindall said he carried on with friends later
We will never know. The X files...truth is out there

BLM01

First Grade
Looks like another ex-rooster is picking up his post-career payment from appearances on Fox. Mitch Pierce is back in the country 3 minutes and has appeared on the Matty Johns show, NRL 360 and his own episode of Face-to-face. Wouldn't surprise if he ends up a permanent on one of these shows.
We now have Anasta, Cronk, Fletch, Freddy, Sonny Bill, all on Fox or 9, plus regular guest appearances from others. I'm sure this is just one way the roosters are able to pay for their players to play for less during their career.
You can add Cordner, Friend and Bmoz on the coaching staff and some others with businesses

Maximus

Coach
Yes, you are probably right Slip.

Didn't RFM get some harsh treatment from Gus and Ciraldo as well when RFM met with them to report about the tough training that a lot of the other players were complaining about?

Topine's contract was terminated by the Bulldogs and I'm not sure that he was paid out.

It seems likely this is the incident he complained about and that's why he got the boot.

It seems likely this is the incident he complained about and that's why he got the boot.

Did he complain or just, as captain looked after one of his crew, and asked some questions of management on behalf of an upset player?

I'm not judging the right or wrongs of the incident but I think RFM showed some leadership integrity.

No unauthorised BBQ on his watch.

P.S. I think your post is meaning the same thing

Maximus

Coach
Did he complain or just, as captain looked after one of his crew, and asked some questions of management on behalf of an upset player?

I'm not judging the right or wrongs of the incident but I think RFM showed some leadership integrity.

No unauthorised BBQ on his watch.

P.S. I think your post is meaning the same thing

Yes sorry I didn't mean complain as a bad thing.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes sorry I didn't mean complain as a bad thing.
I don' think that RFM complained. He just had to inform Gus and Ciraldo as the club captain that several of the players had complained to him about how tough the training was and he just wanted them to know this and yet he was criticised for doing so and as a result lost the captaincy and then let go and we have him which I am glad that we do.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Hard to sweep something under the carpet when it's in the Supreme Court.

Dragon David

First Grade
Michael Carayannis is reporting Turuva is off to the Tigers. Dragons miss another one..
Now we will have the Canterbury Bulldogs-Panthers and the Wests Tigers-Panthers LOL. I think that Turuva will be replacing Junior Tupou who will be playing for the Dolphins next year.

And yes, just another one of our rumours not coming to fruition but maybe wasn't that strong a pursuit to sign Turuva and as since77 said above, we do need an aggressive front rower. How many times have we said this but we don't get one. We have Sele signed but he isn't the really big aggressive guy that we need as an enforcer and someone that would be feared for bloody once.

Dragon David

First Grade