What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chance t williams might stay.....

The Colonel

Immortal
cleal's biggest claim to scouting fame was jamie lyon. an exceptional talent but cleal stumbled upon him at a mate's place that was waiting for a rep from norths to come and sign lyon up. cleal was told that "lyon was better than stuart kelly at the same age", a prospect that crusher couldn't keep away from so off he went and poached lyon from them.

granted i was happy lyon played for us for the years he did but crusher is hardly a great eye for spotting talent.

John Harvey recommended him to the cl;ub and sent Crusher out to sign the deal - mostly because he knew the way.

Avenger

Immortal
You don't have to resort to name calling. It gives me justification for doing so.

My point is that if a player has talent, then any f**kin club can foster it. If it was the Tigers for instance who first had him, he would be just as good. I am trying to tell you ignorant ones that Parramatta did not give him the Talent he has. They gave him training and advise, that is all. You silly ignorant prick.

No they cannot. Andrew Walker had talent and some clubs could not foster it.

Saying he would be just as good at the Tigers is a very general thing to say. He maye have be worse, he may have been better. However lets agree on something. Tony Williams THE PARRA JUNIOR is very good. That is why there are now over 60 pages of talk about him and that is whay you have paid overs for him.

Say what you want , but we, The Eels made him.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes, my replies were cut and pastes of articles written from both The Sea Eagles official site, and Parra's official site (Blind freddie could see that), but they were deleted as there was no link.
That's right, you did not have a link.

But then you say...

Ryan said:
Very, very petty in my opinion.
Nothing petty about it. There are good reasons why it is essential to have a link. I can provide a lecture on the subject if you like.

They are the same rules that everyone has to abide by. You're not a special case.

From the looks of things, you're willing to drop it. I sincerely hope that is the case.

i think its very short sighted of manly to be paying overs for an untested (when they bought him) junior if every club started doing it there would be a ripple effect of pissed off first graders demanding more money as well which would force all player salaries higher

AlexTheEel

Juniors
The junior system is the best in the business.

Darius Boyd, an origin player, will be on less money next year if he stays at the broncos then Tony Williams will be on at Manly.

You cant always compete with offers like that but we have been able to retain some very important local juniors in the past two years including the keating brothers, Tautai, Hayne, Inu, Mateo etc Theres always gunna be a couple that we cant keep but at least we have satisfaction knowing we will continue to bring quality players through.

Stagger eel

Staff member
And wasnt it a spectacle to watch. :sarcasm: Statisticians are still counting Watmough's NRL record missed tackle count.

yeah, it was a bit embarresing that the second best team in the comp couldn't compete in the grand final while the third best team, embarresed themselves.

Latest posts