What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Samwise

Bench
Just finished this last night, and trying to do all the side missions now.

FTR -
Killed Francis, Let Darko Brevic go, Took the cash and went to do the drug deal with Dimitri. Now Kate hates me and i never got to tap that. awwww. lol. Dating Law Chick now and she is a real biatch.

If you take revenge on Dimitri is it Kate and not Roman that dies? What happens there?

Eelementary

Post Whore

FTR -
Killed Francis, Let Darko Brevic go, Took the cash and went to do the drug deal with Dimitri. Now Kate hates me and i never got to tap that. awwww. lol. Dating Law Chick now and she is a real biatch.

If you take revenge on Dimitri is it Kate and not Roman that dies? What happens there?

Yeah Kate dies instead and Niko goes apesh*t on Peg.

Tom Shines

First Grade

FTR -

Continue to date Law chick. Firstly, she is hot, but secondly, ringing her can clear a two star wanted level. Definitely worth it. Carmen can f**k off though. And although he is a bore, keep doing stuff with Dwayne. He will give you two people to roll you with you in your crew."

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
I have not been bothered with this game after the first few hours of playing it....

The controls are just to stupidly complex. The shooting system has to be the worst I have ever used (and its been the same over all GTAs). why oh WHY cant I just have a simple cross hair that I aim like every other f**king game on the planet?? Lock on systems are just pathetically slow for my liking.

Are there any cheats out there for this game?? I am not fussed to finish it anymore but would like to open up the city and just have fun on it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You can free aim, whilst behind cover, and get tonnes of kills...

I've beaten it and I at first though the controls sucked. Then I got used to them and I find them to be brilliant.

Danish

Referee
The entire game is based around the lock on targeting system, to the point that simply aiming without using it equates to your shots being less acurate.

When I am standing up and holding a gun, there is no cross hair in front of me. I have to half hold the lock on button to bring it up, and i'll be damned if I am going to do that for minutes on end whilst in a fire fight.

The worst, however, is when you want to engage in a bit of fisty cuffs. Don't want to lock on?? Well you cant have access to the best attacks then.

Stupid and unnecessary in the extreme.

Saints row, for as many flaws as it has, has an infinitely better fighting and shooting system because, shock horror, it just gives you a constant cross hair to aim with, and even better gives you complete manual control of the camera so that you can aim perfectly and shoot accurately while retreating (something that is very difficult to master in GTA4).

I found a code to open up the full map so i'll just have some fun now, because the game most definitely is great fun despite the annoyinly stupid shooting and fighting methods

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The entire game is based around the lock on targeting system, to the point that simply aiming without using it equates to your shots being less acurate.

When I am standing up and holding a gun, there is no cross hair in front of me. I have to half hold the lock on button to bring it up, and i'll be damned if I am going to do that for minutes on end whilst in a fire fight.

The worst, however, is when you want to engage in a bit of fisty cuffs. Don't want to lock on?? Well you cant have access to the best attacks then.

Stupid and unnecessary in the extreme.

Saints row, for as many flaws as it has, has an infinitely better fighting and shooting system because, shock horror, it just gives you a constant cross hair to aim with, and even better gives you complete manual control of the camera so that you can aim perfectly and shoot accurately while retreating (something that is very difficult to master in GTA4).

I found a code to open up the full map so i'll just have some fun now, because the game most definitely is great fun despite the annoyinly stupid shooting and fighting methods

Crosshairs are unrealistic though and completely annoying when you're not shooting and they are constantly in the way.

Go into options, turn lock-on off and then you can hold aim all the way in and it stills doesn't lock on.

What's your problem with lock on anyway? It's pretty basic IMO, haven't had a problem with it. Lock on to somebody, pull the trigger, when they're dead move the right stick in the direction of the next guy you want to shoot.

salivor

First Grade
I think GTA would be great as a first person shooter but I don't see the issue with using auto-aim, if anything I found it makes the game too easy.

Shoooter

Juniors
GTA as a first person shooter? Surely your kidding. Think about it.

Running around the city in first person, most of the time without a gun. It just doesnt work.

Danish

Referee
Crosshairs are unrealistic though and completely annoying when you're not shooting and they are constantly in the way.

Go into options, turn lock-on off and then you can hold aim all the way in and it stills doesn't lock on.

What's your problem with lock on anyway? It's pretty basic IMO, haven't had a problem with it. Lock on to somebody, pull the trigger, when they're dead move the right stick in the direction of the next guy you want to shoot.

I'll try turning off auto-lock and give it a go then...

As for it being unrealistic, I cant see how that is an issue given that everything in GTA is unrealistic. If you want to talk realism then you really shouldnt be walking around holding a machine gun unless you want to shoot someone. Crosshairs have never got in the way in any other game I have played tbh.

I dont like lock on because it is aimed at someone who is unable to aim on their own, and as with any game it inevitably becomes an issue when fighting multiple enemies as flicking the stick to the left or right inevitably ends up locking on to the wrong person.

Just one example in GTA is when you want to shoot the driver of a car. If there is a pedestrian anywhere in site you will NOT lock onto the driver of a car 1m in front of you as a first option. Annoys the sh*t out of me.

A simple crosshair when a weapon is selected and amnual camera control would be a welcome change IMO.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
In case anybody missed the announcement, GTAIV is coming to PC in November. Surprisingly short turn around IMO.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
No Mac release announced.

Don't hold your breath either, Macs aren't renowned for gaming and R* haven't supported the platform with GTA in the past.

Latest posts