What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

I took the option of killing Dimitri and lost kate, but for those that didnt, does the game go for any longer at all? Was kinda disappointed that the storyline pretty much ended after that.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I took the option of killing Dimitri and lost kate, but for those that didnt, does the game go for any longer at all? Was kinda disappointed that the storyline pretty much ended after that.

If you do the deal the game goes for the same length but the final mission changes slightly, and the wedding scene is different.

If you want to know exactly what happens, click the spoiler (it will completely spoil the ending though so don't click if you don't want to know):

If you do the deal, Dimitri betrays you during the deal by stealing the drugs so the place you're collecting the money will all turn on you. You survive and collect the money anyway. Kate then calls, tells you she is angry that you sold out and won't go to the wedding with you.

At the wedding, some mysterious hitman turns up to kill Niko, but Niko catches his arm and kills him but not until the hitman has killed Roman. The final mission is the same, except it's just you and Jacob in the car to hunt Dimitri. You find him at the same place, except Dimitri kills Peggorino himself on the stairs and when you chase him you do it in a boat while he's in a chopper. When Jacob gets you in the chopper, both of them crash and you chase Dimitri on foot and kill him.

Afterwards Kate calls and says she is so sorry and wants you to call her sometime (but she never answers the phone, could be a glitch), Mallorie calls and is distraught because she is pregnant, Brucie offers commiseration and that's it.

Definitely the worse ending of the two.

Jono078

Referee
Fired it up today with a few mates, great laugh, especially watching the old man play :lol:

The Tax Man

Juniors
I still enjoy playing it, have not finished it yet though. Dont find much spare time.

When I do find the time, I got to try kick my brother off the xbox!

Thomas

First Grade
I am still at 12% completed in single player. I haven't played single player in months.

Multiplayer? Every goddamn night I will be on!! I can't get enough. The variety of games and the fun is limitless.

I've participated in mass stunts (jumping choppers on motorbikes etc), a game of tag with 15 players city wide, clan wars (Faggio Death Squad representing!) and various shenanigans and tomfoolery.

adamkungl

Immortal
I am still at 12% completed in single player. I haven't played single player in months.

Multiplayer? Every goddamn night I will be on!! I can't get enough. The variety of games and the fun is limitless.

I've participated in mass stunts (jumping choppers on motorbikes etc), a game of tag with 15 players city wide, clan wars (Faggio Death Squad representing!) and various shenanigans and tomfoolery.

Opposite to me then. 90% single player (nearly done all stunt jumps...next up, pigeons :?) never played multiplayer.

Thomas

First Grade
The only problem with multiplayer is 99% of games are auto-aim. I hate that.

Start your own then. That's what I do.

I don't mind either way AA on or off.

I'm only level 5 in multiplayer as I only play deathmatches (single and team) and free mode. I play against a lot of level 8 and 9 guys who have gotten there by playing NOOSE and Bomb Da Base 2 and I can hold my own.

I just love the freedom in multiplayer. I get together with about 10 mates online and have epic matches as well as random fun in free mode.

The Gambler

Juniors
Just so hard to find the time to play it. I want to finish it because I find the storyline captivating. I will finish it one day.

Milo7

Juniors
Anyone know of any secret locations or things to look for in the game?? Im 73% finished the game atm. Finished the storyline ect, just finished Brucie missions, all Police missions.