What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simpsons vs South Park vs Family Guy

What is better ?

• Simpsons

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • South Park

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 16 21.1%

• Total voters

hellteam

First Grade
One of the all time great questions.

I probably go with South Park, then the Simpsons.

Simpsons sucks at the moment, but back when it was in its prime it was awesome.

Thoughts?

adamkungl

Immortal
All have had their awesomeness. Currently, Family Guy and South Park. Simpsons is balls at the moment. In its day, pre season 10 or so, Simpsons.

Alehana

Juniors
south park has classic humour, which we'd definately not say in real life, but they get away with it coz its funny, family guy is trying to dish every1 in a satircal way thru flashbacks which leads to another flash back and so theres no real point to their story and peter griffen is the kind of guy who if u met in real life would wanna king hit which makes it so funny, simpsons, started all this, so it has alot of credibility, havent seen many new eps, but old ones (usually get repeated alot on 10) are really funny and u can watch over and over again.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeh i agree alehana simpsons repeats are way more watchable. But f*ck south park is funny

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm really torn.

The Simpsons, when it's on is just about the coolest show going. But Southpark is more consistently funny (in my eyes) and generally, beneath its purile jokes, has a far deeper level of political and social satire.

The Family Guy on first watch is always hilarious, but it seldom ages well.

Alehana

Juniors
the marathon on fox 8 is awesome, altho king of the hill IMO is the WORST cartoon ever, so boring.american dad is classic as well. but south park is really really intelligent, suprising.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I actually found that King of the Hill really grew on me. It's a lot more subtle than most.

This poll needs more Futurama

hellteam

First Grade
Simpsons, Family Guy - daylight - South Park.

Have you ever watched one of the newer South Parks?

The first ones were so crap, but I wouldnt think that anyone couldnt find the new ones funny.

The humour in it actually has some kind of message too.

OVP

Coach
Needs more Beavis and Butthead. Mike Judge is a god :) So is Matt Groening for that matter, and South Park f**king owns too. I call a draw, they all own :)

This reminds me of the billions of times you've tried to stifle laughter ... definitely one of the hardest things to do :lol:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=GJgZnJo8eJc

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Simpsons for mine...

I agree with Bevis & Butthead, needs more of that too. I remember seeing the movie at the cinemas back in the 90's with my schoolmates. Good times...

I liked Futurama back in the day also.

Southpark for mine.

The old simpsons were excellent.

family guy is funny. but its not as good as the other 2 mentioned. its not as clever.

Danish

Referee
Simpsons by the length of the straight....

They lost their way a little from seasons 13 or so to 17 (although there were still some CLASSIC episodes in that period), but the brand new stuff is ace. Season 19 especially is suberb. The best thing about the simpsons is that anyone of any age demgraphic can watch it and laugh their ass off the entire way through. No other show out there can manage to do that.

South Park, while very funny, has become far too political IMO. Matt and Trey are simply 2 of the biggest whinging motherf**kers on the planet who seem to know how to point out lots of peoples problems, but seldom have any ideas on how to fix them. I mostly just try to take it at face value however and thats always worth a laugh.

Family guy is funny.... but like it has been mentioned you can very rarely watch the same episode twice. The fact almost every plot in the show is stolen from the Simpsons, with a few random flashbacks thrown in is what makes it the worst of the lot. an excellent stoner cartoon however.

Futurama is probably my favourite cartoon to watch at the moment, although with no more new episodes coming up it is going to get stale fast.

Johns Magic

Referee
Can't stand Family Guy. I just don't find it funny at all. Random flashbacks that don't make sense or add to the story aren't clever or humorous.

Some of the South Park episodes are f**ken ridiculously hilarious. Others are boring. The Scott Tenorman episode left me in tears of laughter.

The old Simpsons was consistently funny, but never side-splitting-laughter funny like South Park could be. The new episodes are good to watch, but I rarely laugh at them anymore.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Futurama is probably my favourite cartoon to watch at the moment, although with no more new episodes coming up it is going to get stale fast.

Have you seen the Futurama movies they're putting out? Bender's Big Score was hilarious, and The Beast With a Billion Backs was pretty damn good too.