What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 12: North Qld v Wests Tigers

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
You can write 2025 and 26 off now if they’ve started another ‘rebuild’. If this revamp is anything like the media are pushing it’s at least three years before we see the results, premierships are not won in one season. More years of despair. Is Benji losing the plot? Why is Richo doing the recruiting?
I hate to break the news to you....but in reality, our rebuild from the Lee/Pascoe era has barely begun.

Richo only came in around mid-December which was way too late to make big changes to the roster for this year. People who thought that we were going to make the 8 this year because of a quality CEO being appointed in December last year are absolutely delusional. Change from where we are atm is going to take time and some pain.

From what I understand, Benji and Richo do recruitment which I think is the right move here. Richo has good form with roster management, I trust him. If Benji is meant to be the main reason why Sullivan has a large contract here, then I completely understand why Richo is taking a "hands on" approach.

I admit to being a Benji critic before a ball was kicked, but I think he is doing a passable job considering the roster we have. Bennett/Bellamy could not take our squad to the top eight this year.

Nutz

Bench
I hate to break the news to you....but in reality, our rebuild from the Lee/Pascoe era has barely begun.

Richo only came in around mid-December which was way too late to make big changes to the roster for this year. People who thought that we were going to make the 8 this year because of a quality CEO being appointed in December last year are absolutely delusional. Change from where we are atm is going to take time and some pain.

From what I understand, Benji and Richo do recruitment which I think is the right move here. Richo has good form with roster management, I trust him. If Benji is meant to be the main reason why Sullivan has a large contract here, then I completely understand why Richo is taking a "hands on" approach.

I admit to being a Benji critic before a ball was kicked, but I think he is doing a passable job considering the roster we have. Bennett/Bellamy could not take our squad to the top eight this year.
Well said.
I like what was said on 360 the other night. It stated that successful clubs act like bullies and that's what's needed to get a good roster. They are relentless and adopt the attitude of 'if you snooze you lose'
Our previous heads of sheds did more talking and looking in the mirror rather than being like smart, ruthless operators.
Shane acts like a top operator and he said after his interim appointment that the mess will take time to clean up....I believe this.
If Angus C does sign with the dogs, they could win a grand final, that's how much the dogs need someone like him. We are of course in a hole again so recruiting him is very unlikely as is retaining Stefano. Fingers crossed, I hope we don't completely dissolve.

Tigerm

First Grade
You can write 2025 and 26 off now if they’ve started another ‘rebuild’. If this revamp is anything like the media are pushing it’s at least three years before we see the results, premierships are not won in one season. More years of despair. Is Benji losing the plot? Why is Richo doing the recruiting?
Agree, that’s why they have recruitment managers, to keep abreast of who’s available.
Richo and Benji have enough on their plates, surely.
It’s a cluster f**k happening again. I had high hopes for next season.
If you are in retirement like me, we might not ever see a top 8 spot again?

What about writing off ‘27 or am I being too ambitious?

Agree, that’s why they have recruitment managers, to keep abreast of who’s available.
Richo and Benji have enough on their plates, surely.
It’s a cluster f**k happening again. I had high hopes for next season.
If you are in retirement like me, we might not ever see a top 8 spot again?

You write like a 24 year old.

Thank goodness you haven’t got old!

Pezz70

Juniors

I thought we had the nucleus of a 2025 top 8 team, just a centre, a winger, a proper no 13 and some discipline and I reckon we were good for it. Now we’re starting again that’s gone.

Nutz

Bench
I thought we had the nucleus of a 2025 top 8 team, just a centre, a winger, a proper no 13 and some discipline and I reckon we were good for it. Now we’re starting again that’s gone.
I'd normally say "hang in there Pezz, we'll be right."
BUT I tend to agree with you. Our rebuild has gone backwards.
The only thing that I'm holding onto is we've never really had an operator like our new CEO.
We also haven't had a coach like Benji either. I'm hoping that these two will be talked about in the future as the ones that saved Wests Tigers.

Nutz

Bench
Declan Casey will make his Wests Tigers debut after scoring four tries in 10 games this season for the Magpies. The 24-year-old centre joined the club on a training contract at the end of the 2023 season after making six NRL appearances for Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Josh Feledy also comes into the centres and will play his second game in the top grade after making his NRL debut in Round 27 last year. The 19-year-old has scored four tries in eight appearances in the NSW Cup this season.
These two are relatively raw but surely will be keen. I'm hoping they kill it, really step up and make a statement.
We must hold the ball and not give the cowboys a leg-up.
Good luck lads.

Pezz70

Juniors
Galvin needs to run straighter and pass early instead of trying to create something every play. The plays have been breaking down with him for the last few weeks. The boys outside him are rarely seeing the ball and if they do it’s nearly always a hospital pass. Not having a crack at the young fella, he tries hard and has good skills, just needs to relax a bit and play footy instead of trying to make things happen

Last edited: