What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkingston

Juniors
Unless it rains I'd be pretty dissapointed if we only get 9000 this week, especially leading in to the finals.

I dont get this demand for 'marketing' .... no other football game has to advertise itself in its heartland. There are no AFL adverts in Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth, there are no EPL adverts in England.... people just take and interest and go. i dont get why we have to advertise our own game in our own backyard to raise 'interest/awareness'. Its just completely arse about.

:lol:

yeah other sports dont market in their heartlands.

I dont get this demand for 'marketing' .... no other football game has to advertise itself in its heartland. There are no AFL adverts in Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth, there are no EPL adverts in England.... people just take and interest and go. i dont get why we have to advertise our own game in our own backyard to raise 'interest/awareness'. Its just completely arse about.

When you put a deal on that kids under 16 get in free, you need to promote it so people know about it. The plan will only be as effective as they make it, and because they barely told anyone, how are they going to get anything out of it?

bazza

Immortal
there are no EPL adverts in England....
Yes there are
There are is also more free advertising for the EPL in the media than the NRL in Sydney

One thing that English soccer and AFL have that the NRL doesn't is a large number of season ticket holders.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Watching the Manly game compared to the Dogs game yesterday it is obvious that a good crowd does a lot more than just add gate receipts.

It intrinsically adds a lot more to the tv broadcast of a game in a packed stadium, this flows through to confidence from the corporate sector, when they are looking to invest.

I honestly could not watch yesterdays game, it was depressing.

IllawarraGiant

Juniors
Yes there are
There are is also more free advertising for the EPL in the media than the NRL in Sydney

One thing that English soccer and AFL have that the NRL doesn't is a large number of season ticket holders.

Well, I spend more than 50% of my time in the UK so I guess we can argue the point on that one. They dont advertise/market games here at all; theres no need. The occassionally market Superleague games.

Free advertising is actually PR/Publicity - and thats usually a reflection of where the product sits within the consiousness of the community. Season ticket holders are nothing to do with this silly notion that a lack of 'advertising/marketing' games is the reason for small crowds - like thats a reason. The point remains: we shouldnt have to 'market' to our home audience. In Melbourne yes, we should advertise, in Sydney its insulting.

Calixte

First Grade
Looked like a great festive atmosphere for the Beaver love-in.

Really good to see so many people stay behind after the game to give the man a round of applause or twenty.

BWNB

First Grade
Great stuff, am i right in thinking that they aren't aloud to give him a send off when they do return in 2 weeks time?

bazza

Immortal
Well, I spend more than 50% of my time in the UK so I guess we can argue the point on that one. They dont advertise/market games here at all; theres no need. The occassionally market Superleague games.

I have only lived in the UK for 2 years and only spent around 99% of my time there - but I have seen advertisements around for upcoming matches. Not huge advertising campaigns though

Season ticket holders are nothing to do with this silly notion that a lack of 'advertising/marketing' games is the reason for small crowds - like thats a reason.
It is not an excuse. I am saying that because English soccer and the AFL have a large amount of season ticket holders, they do not have to continually advertise their matches to get crowds.
If the NRL wants big crowds then the clubs should put their advertising money into getting more season ticket holders

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Ground announcer said 14,700. Shame it was a Monday night, but with any luck we'll grab the minor premiership which will mean his REAL last game would be on a sunday arvo. FILTHY that i'll be at a wedding in Byron and will miss it whatever night its on.

Garts

Bench
I guess that is not bad for a Monday. Was hoping for 17k + being Beavers last game but it is hard getting down there by 7pm, well for me it was anyway.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Watching the Manly game compared to the Dogs game yesterday it is obvious that a good crowd does a lot more than just add gate receipts.

It intrinsically adds a lot more to the tv broadcast of a game in a packed stadium, this flows through to confidence from the corporate sector, when they are looking to invest.

I honestly could not watch yesterdays game, it was depressing.

Thats so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts