What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

mave

Coach
But they were meant to be saying goodbye to Folkesy and Corey. You know, end of an era sort of stuff.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
We've had dud weather for most of the season. Today's game was the second game (from memory) that had a nice sunny day (the other being R2 vs Parramatta).

And, even today, it rained late.

Heh. We were discussing this with other fans before the game today. If I hadn't been horribly sunburnt at the Round 2 game I'd have agreed with the people who said last year was the last game with decent weather.

Raider_69

Post Whore
LOL as if anyone actually gives a f**k about Hughes or Folkes
disgraceful crowd, canberra almost got more then that in near terrential rain, with the added bonus of it snowing 2 hours before the freakin game! :lol:

IMO 7.5k was a massive over statement, unless they counted timmah as 3000 people

Bensterbronco18

Juniors
But they were meant to be saying goodbye to Folkesy and Corey. You know, end of an era sort of stuff.
True and they should have turned up for that but yeah, it just makes u think how bad those bulldogs fans have it this year, i would hate it so much for my broncos to go through something like there going through

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
LOL as if anyone actually gives a f**k about Hughes or Folkes
disgraceful crowd, canberra almost got more then that in near terrential rain, with the added bonus of it snowing 2 hours before the freakin game! :lol:

IMO 7.5k was a massive over statement, unless they counted timmah as 3000 people

I beg to differ but who knows as someone said earlier with all the fudging that goes on. From my vantage point I would've said 9-10k, but clearly the side I was on wasn't as full as I thought. Kevin Rudd and F*ckOff Swan should've counted for more than 1 each :sarcasm:

Garts

Bench
The crowd was always going to be under 10k. I do not blame the Dogs fans either, ANZ is sh!t and the team has been playing ordinary all year. Hardly much motivation to go, like it or not crowds will always be low when a team is travelling ordinary.

mik01

Juniors
AFL breaks attendance record again

August 31, 2008 - 7:54PM

The AFL has posted a record attendance in the regular season for the second successive year.
The total of 6,511,255 for the 22 home and away rounds surpassed last year's figure of 6,475,521.
It means last year's overall season total of 7,049,945, including finals attendances, is also under threat.
"The 2008 season again affirms the AFL as the No.1 spectator sport in Australia, when combined with the fact that our clubs built a record tally of 574,091 club members for the premiership season," said AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou.
"This was an outstanding result considering the impact of the Olympics in the latter part of the season, which had an effect on three weeks of our year, and our commitment to play matches in Darwin, Carrara, Launceston and Canberra with limited capacity,"
Collingwood again led the club-by-club home ground attendance with 651,345, an average of nearly 60,000.
This was up on the Magpies' figure last year of 603,881.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/afl-breaks-attendance-record-again-20080831-46cy.html

thats an average of just under 37,000 per game!

How many people knew of the "Kids get in free" deal for today's game? I only knew about it when I watched the Sunday Roast this morning, you can't blame the fans for not taking advantage of these offers when they are barely even marketed.

dragondad

First Grade
If Saints and Chooks fans are fair dinkum,there will be 30k there this Friday night ... It should be HUGE and alot of publicity surely..both sides playing for Top 4 with the loser maybe finishing 7th.

Timmah

Staff member
As a Bulldogs member, I only heard about it late yesterday. Only those who visited the 'Dogs website would've known tbh...

Timmah

Staff member
If Saints and Chooks fans are fair dinkum,there will be 30k there this Friday night ... It should be HUGE and alot of publicity surely..both sides playing for Top 4 with the loser maybe finishing 7th.

I'll be heading to the SFS... cannot wait!

brendothejet

First Grade
Get over it, it's f*cking old.

boo f**king hoo.

Mate you live your life in the crowd watch thread and you only ever say 3 things:

1) I'll be at the game.
2) I was at the game.
3) Did I tell you, I was at the game?

You are the one who is turning out the old turds time and time again.

AFL breaks attendance record again

August 31, 2008 - 7:54PM

The AFL has posted a record attendance in the regular season for the second successive year.
The total of 6,511,255 for the 22 home and away rounds surpassed last year's figure of 6,475,521.
It means last year's overall season total of 7,049,945, including finals attendances, is also under threat.
"The 2008 season again affirms the AFL as the No.1 spectator sport in Australia, when combined with the fact that our clubs built a record tally of 574,091 club members for the premiership season," said AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou.
"This was an outstanding result considering the impact of the Olympics in the latter part of the season, which had an effect on three weeks of our year, and our commitment to play matches in Darwin, Carrara, Launceston and Canberra with limited capacity,"
Collingwood again led the club-by-club home ground attendance with 651,345, an average of nearly 60,000.
This was up on the Magpies' figure last year of 603,881.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/afl-breaks-attendance-record-again-20080831-46cy.html

thats an average of just under 37,000 per game!

AFL do get great crowds.

its a real shame for the sport that doesnt translate into the TV viewers that the nrl gets.

or indeed that the rest of the world and half of australia dont give a stuff about the sport.

As a Bulldogs member, I only heard about it late yesterday. Only those who visited the 'Dogs website would've known tbh...

Exactly, the deal was no marketed properly, if nobody knows about it, who's going to take advantage of it. I wonder how many families showed up today without knowing of the free entry for under 16s.

Timmah

Staff member
boo f**king hoo.

Mate you live your life in the crowd watch thread and you only ever say 3 things:

1) I'll be at the game.
2) I was at the game.
3) Did I tell you, I was at the game?

You are the one who is turning out the old turds time and time again.

Or maybe you're a sad case who only perks his head up when those sorts of posts are made. As I said, get over it. I post about far more than my own attendance in here and you'll do well to f*ck off and stink up another thread with personal vendettas. Thanks all the same.

Timmah

Staff member
RL is simply a better TV product, there's no doubting that. It's still an awesome live product too - and the NRL doesn't know how to tell everyone that. What's the marketing budget at the NRL? 50 cents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts