What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia vs South Africa in Sydney

HevyDevy

Coach
its funny mate... i actually enjoy the English commentators because if theres been a rubbish bit of umpiring they dont dwell on it too much. they just get on with the game....

on C9 & Sky NZ they f**king show replay's of it for the next hour.... then they use hotspot, hawkeye, snicko and undie-cam to prove how ripped off one of the teams was...

Disappointing really because both sides copped it. Terrible umpiring but I couldn't say it went one way or the other. If we want to focus on who copped the worst decisions it would have to be Australia but I'm not focussing on it. The best team won and it was a great series - as people have said also played in superb spirits.

Kudos to the Saffers.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd rather listen to greats like Dennis Lillee who rate him rather than some Neville on here who thinks he know's better. If he can get 18 wicket in 3 tests without swing imagine how good he will be once he develops it. Mitchell is our future and will be around for many yrs to come so deal with it.

How is Siddle gonna get experience if you don't wanna play him. :crazy:

There's a competition, run in this country, called the Sheffield Shield. You may have heard of it?

Obviously, you're not willing to discuss and issue because for whatever reason Johnson can do no wrong in your eyes and any criticism is instantly a personal attack on him and his ability, so there's no point me saying much more is there?

Fein

First Grade
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bloody hell...there's constructive criticism (his lack of swing, for eg) then there's plain old biased idiocy. Ask the three blokes he had LBW but for Bowden, or the guys edging him all over the shop (especially the two missed by Hayden) and the guys he actually got out if he "troubled" them :lol:

I'm in agreement with you here Bazal, he definitely troubled the batsmen.

HevyDevy

Coach
Bollinger did not seem to trouble the batsmen at all. He struggled to get the ball in spots that forced the batsmen to play at it and while he was unlucky with his LBW's and dropped catches the wickets he ended up with were more from players throwing their bats around than his great bowling forcing it.

Yes Mcdonald did drop a c&b but he made up for it strait away. His other catch was one he had no right to get to at all.

I am not saying one will take the other spot as they are clearly not fighting for the same spot just that in the match McDonald did much better with the ball.

Bollinger was supposedly bought into the test because of his SCG record but did little to trouble the batsmen.

Bollinger was BY FAR the most threatening bowler today - apart from the three LBY decisions turned down the other day and Hayden's dropped catch.

McDonald was reliable and accurate but he was NOT threatening.

HevyDevy

Coach
hehe. Perhaps they need to play first at a high level before that can happen but it's easy to be a keyboard hero.

Johnson has a very bright future but atm he has a LONG way to go. Very innacurate.

He worked his tits off this series and did a great job in Perth but our lack of a genuine strike bowler was obvious and is why we lost the series.

If we have Clark playing and Lee fully fit it's a different scenario.

Bazal

Post Whore
i was refering to all the geniuses on here who would make better captains then Ponting

I have no doubt there are probably people in here that would, bar a lack of cricketing ability to get to that level. What makes you think just because people aren't Australian captain they lack cricketing knowledge?

ozbash

Referee
he's a dud with bat and ball

and to add insult to injury he is very ugly man. locky wouldn't boof him

locky would boof anything in pants.

you were very lucky, a couple of extreeeeeeeemly dodgy calls (you'd be screaming blue murder if they went SA's way) and a wicket/anthill designed to accomodate aussie bowlers, you only just scraped in.

They'll rip you to shreds at home...:cool:

mozza91

Coach
I have no doubt there are probably people in here that would, bar a lack of cricketing ability to get to that level. What makes you think just because people aren't Australian captain they lack cricketing knowledge?
You have every right to criticise but people on here go completly overboard eg questioning Hussey's spot in the team
Ponting said it the other day on the Cricket show about people critisising his captaincy they're not out on the field they don't know what he is trying to achieve by setting his fields or changing his bowlers

Latest posts