What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moderators

HevyDevy

Coach
nonsense hd

hijacking a thread to indulge your personal relationship does not take planning
this happens because of emotion..spontaneously

as for me i tried to explain to you in this thread but you are clearly too upset to think clearly yet

i hope in time you drop your emotion afterall i can only remeber moderating your posts once in year

posts that were clearly off topic in the thread that you posted them in and i asked and warned to get back on topic

gosh and you feel 'overmoderated'

i like you hevy and think you are a good poster

but you must realise the open forum is not really the place to develop your relationship with roopy at the expense of the thread you were using

I have a theory - you're upset that I was getting on well with Roopy!

:lol:

Syko

Juniors
too far back to check to see if anyone answered...but..

To those complaining, how much do you pay to post on this website?

Willow

Assistant Moderator

I got it the first time syko. There are no customers here.

Although you could be excused for thinking that Hevy has paid a motza for the service.

millersnose

Post Whore
syko

i dont speak for the site here but i for one think there is nothing wrong with people expressing concern if they think the forum could be run better

and i must say given this is a politics forum it is quite unique here at LU in that it is actually on topic in my view - and these types of threads are always interesting

and i have no problem with hevy or any one else thinking or stating i have 'overmoderated' - i certainly dont agree with them

it is pleasing, at least, that only 1 dishonest individual has accused me of partisan moderating

Willow

Assistant Moderator
syko

i dont speak for the site here but i for one think there is nothing wrong with people expressing concern if they think the forum could be run better
That's absolutely correct. A good portion of the site's improvements have come from suggestions from members. The Go Ahead Ask Us Anything forum is one such avenue for suggestions, as well as emails and PMs to Administrators.

But I don't think someone whinging about a minor incident a year ago - in a different forum where they were clearly in the wrong - is trying to make the site run better.

HevyDevy

Coach
Willow, there would be no point me making any suggestions - you would quite clearly ignore them anyway.

Millers, although we disagree on this I appreciate the fact that you have been reasonable about it. We can agree to disagree - that's the way the world works.

millersnose

Post Whore
But I don't think someone whinging about a minor incident a year ago - in a different forum where they were clearly in the wrong - is trying to make the site run better.

selfishly i was refering to hevys orignal post which was mainly about me and i think your and hevys case has been, shall we say, made abundantly clear

Willow

Assistant Moderator
selfishly i was refering to hevys orignal post which was mainly about me
In that case, I don't think a poster hijacking threads and being asked to cease - and then starting a whinge thread after being moderated - is trying to make the site run better.

I assume you did ask him to knock it off, and he ignored you.
millersnose said:
and i think your and hevys case has been, shall we say, made abundantly clear
Well I think most of us know that a link helps to verify the validity of a source, and this is one reason why it is in the rules. I'd say 95% of members understand this, especially after it has been explained.

Do you think Hevy is telling the truth by claiming he has a point, or simply trying to squirm his way out of admitting he got wrong?

Apey

Staff member
Do you think Hevy is telling the truth by claiming he has a point, or simply trying to squirm his way out of admitting he got wrong?

Lol as an innocent bystander, I'll go b).

I don't know why people have a problem with admitting such things. Maybe it's delusion O:)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

How much do you pay to watch League on CH9.

I guess because you pay nothing you never complain about the coverage.

What a stupid arguement.

Hevy made his complaint, the admins and mods have addressed him, no money changed hands. Not that is relevent.

If people had to pay willow knows it would have like 12 members.

Anyways I was one of the first here and have watched it grow very well over the years.

Posters make the board, but willow has done a wonderful job, keeping it all together and under control.

Syko

Juniors
How much do you pay to watch League on CH9.

I guess because you pay nothing you never complain about the coverage.

What a stupid arguement.

Hevy made his complaint, the admins and mods have addressed him, no money changed hands. Not that is relevent.

You pay nothing to post here so stop whinging, everyone has it good here.

If people had to pay willow knows it would have like 12 members.

http://www.somethingawful.com/

This site has alot more members and they charge a fee to join and post, its moderated by fascists as well. Plenty more like that.

http://www.somethingawful.com/

Mong

Post Whore
Good call.

And the "Rugby League is wrongly called Football" "bait"... lol

You want to move this into several forums now EA?? Can't help but bite can you champ..

Take it back to TFC, you are still way to upset beause you told a big lie and i checked it out and showed you up to be a liar..

It happens, get over it.

millersnose

Post Whore

clearly he was in the wrong and clearly for some reason he thought persistance was the better partt of valour

and clearly i love threads about me

HevyDevy

Coach
I was wrong in initially arguing about not needing to post a link - I have already said this about 7000 times and Willow absolutely refuses to listen ... but I did have a point.

:D

HevyDevy

Coach
Syko - the whole point of forums is for people to discuss, debate and argue yet here you are whinging about the fact that people have discussed, debated and argued.

You want to move this into several forums now EA??

Sure.

I am no fan of 4C, why shouldn't they suffer like the TFC regs...

Can't help but bite can you champ..

Yeah, I do know that replying to a post of yours means that I'm upset.... LOL

Take it back to TFC, you are still way to upset beause you told a big lie and i checked it out and showed you up to be a liar..

Yes, and "Rugby League is wrongly called Football".

You did nothing of the sort my boy.

It happens, get over it.

You seem to be worried that your 4C rep might be sullied if you get into a blue with me here.

hahahahahahahha

Made myself laugh again.

Your rep.... :lol:

roopy

Referee
It is interesting that the Legends World of Sport site was set up by posters who shared a belief that moderating standards were poor on other sites, and spent an enormous amount of time and effort to set very high standards.
No one was ever banned from LWOS was the very proud boast of the moderating team, despite spammers such as oneeye etc trying us out regularly.
Every action taken by a moderator on LWOS was taken very seriously and discussed to see if it could have been done better.
The guidelines of LU are based on all the lessons learnt on LWOS, and also based on the basic philosophy of the highest possible moderating standards.
The approach has changed a lot due to the volume of traffic on this site, but I think the systems set up here could be used as a model for all internet sites.
I enjoyed moderating at the two sites for a long time, basically because we tried to allow people all the latitude we could, but some people now seem to be sneaking in restrictive practices.