What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moderators

You were played.
We wanted you and your mates away from the NRL and other forums, and off you trotted like a good little gimp.
I made up the plan - put it to admin in the moderators forum - and pulled it off.
I've delt with PDs like you all my working life, and you arn't even a good one.

lol

I'll have to tell Willow to get f**ked then. :lol:

Snap out of it you worm.

I was only posting in three forums at the time, one was the Tigers forum, one was the NRL forum and the other one was TFC's predecessor, it had some lame title like NRL/AFL/Union/Soccer.....

TFC was a great idea because it was somehere to stick the trolls who could then have sh*t put on them without anyone in the "serious" forums having to put up with them.

When "moderator survivor" came into being, you begged me to enter, wanking on something about "oohhh, they'll all join if you do".

But you f**ked up, you let your mate Moffo, disguised as oneye, have all the fun that I, and others, intended to have. So in the end you paid because oneye had all the fun.

And when you were called on it you cried like a little girl.

And you're still wearing the same pink, frilly skirt...

HevyDevy

Coach
This is the greates thread in the history of 4c.

So far we've had the following squabbles:

HD v Millers
HD v Willow
Lego Man v Willow
HD v El Diablo
Mong v Millers
EA v Roopy

Have I missed any?

I hope there are more to come :eek:

roopy

Referee
lol

I'll have to tell Willow to get f**ked then. :lol:

Snap out of it you worm.

I was only posting in three forums at the time, one was the Tigers forum, one was the NRL forum and the other one was TFC's predecessor, it had some lame title like NRL/AFL/Union/Soccer.....

TFC was a great idea because it was somehere to stick the trolls who could then have sh*t put on them without anyone in the "serious" forums having to put up with them.

When "moderator survivor" came into being, you begged me to enter, wanking on something about "oohhh, they'll all join if you do".

But you f**ked up, you let your mate Moffo, disguised as oneye, have all the fun that I, and others, intended to have. So in the end you paid because oneye had all the fun.

And when you were called on it you cried like a little girl.

And you're still wearing the same pink, frilly skirt...
you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel a little less inadequate.

millersnose

Post Whore
This is the greates thread in the history of 4c.

So far we've had the following squabbles:

HD v Millers
HD v Willow
Lego Man v Willow
HD v El Diablo
Mong v Millers
EA v Roopy

Have I missed any?

I hope there are more to come :eek:

you forgot HD v honesty

HevyDevy

Coach
It's as if various members have started reading through the thread and gone "Oh that reminds me, I really hate that [insert username] prick."

:lol:

you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel a little less inadequate.

By the way, it's "aren't" and "dealt". From your previous post.

I figure that if you're going to try to take the intellectual high-ground, you may as well try not to look like an idiot doing it.

I'll tell you what, I'll make it easy for you. You get Willow to confirm, in this thread, what you said in your last post and I'll never post in the FFR again. Ever.

Droopy said:
We wanted you and your mates away from the NRL and other forums, and off you trotted like a good little gimp.
I made up the plan - put it to admin in the moderators forum - and pulled it off.

C'mon punk, make my day... lol

As for the post repeated in this post, face it, when you see me coming at you, you sh*t yourself. I'm not proud of that though, making you sh*t yourself on here isn't exactly difficult.

By the way, aren't you a male nurse?

Good thing, keep the bedpan ready..

millersnose

Post Whore
geeze

and you guys call 4c pretentious

in all seriousness smacking roopy bum isnt exactly a difficult acheivement EA

he does it to himeself most times

roopy

Referee
By the way, it's "aren't" and "dealt". From your previous post.

I figure that if you're going to try to take the intellectual high-ground, you may as well try not to look like an idiot doing it.

I'll tell you what, I'll make it easy for you. You get Willow to confirm, in this thread, what you said in your last post and I'll never post in the FFR again. Ever.

C'mon punk, make my day... lol

As for the post repeated in this post, face it, when you see me coming at you, you sh*t yourself. I'm not proud of that though, making you sh*t yourslef on here isn't exactly difficult.

By the way, aren't you a male nurse?

Good thing, keep the bedpan ready..
do you really think anyone over 12 takes you seriously?

Mong

Post Whore
And for the record, mong has moved on from millers and is currently in a forum relationship with me. And I'm the pitcher.

Get it right.

You wish EA..

Your are fight club play at best.. Even Millers looks like an intelligent poster when compared to you..

Mong

Post Whore
Seriously though it is a great place to live.

No traffic jams
1.5 hours from sunny coast if i want to go there for a few days
20 mins drive to catch a direct jet service to sydney.
Have a farm on the river 20 mins out of town.
Some nice little spots 20-30 mins away like toogum.

I grew up in cronulla, lived in brisbane for 12 years, cairns for 3.5 and i would never move back to any of them.

Only drawback is market day, its just one big reason why incest is outlawed.

A surprisingly very nice golf course as well..

millersnose

Post Whore
You wish EA..

Your are fight club play at best.. Even Millers looks like an intelligent poster when compared to you..

incidentally mong i forgot to compliment you on your recent sojourns into the fight club

your musings and subsequent ass reaming on the forgone conclusion of the 2008 world cup were absolute gold LU reading

some of your finest moments

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's as if various members have started reading through the thread and gone "Oh that reminds me, I really hate that [insert username] prick."

I find that some members hope they can get away with only telling one side of the story.

Such as: "I was moderated in 2008, and it still hurts. Go figure. [insert emoticon(s)]"

Mong

Post Whore
Lol old mate..

Is that your response to Hiatus??

By the way.. Your post is off topic.. Shouldn't you be moderating?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo made it happen.
lol

Careful, Moffo is likely to believe you.

The potted history.

All was peace and love on the World of Rugby League forum in 2000 till Legend posted a hugely abusive tirade directed at Matt Gidley.
I recall it was sh*tfight from day one.
roopy said:
A moderator named McCavity deleted his tirade, causing said Legend to go to war with the tyranical administrator, MattO.
There was a catalyst, probably more than one. macavity gets mentioned a bit as the bad guy. But the culture of the place lended itself to bad moderating.

roopy said:
Many of the senior posters, Willow, Ozbash, GavBT (the namer of the Firkin Fun bar), El diablo (now El Dugue), Moffat Fan Club (now Moffo) myself and approximately 10 others joined the new site set up by Legend - named Legend's World of Sport.
You forgot bronco (salivor).

There were six of us at first.

I thought FFB name was a joint effort, Gav was certainly part of it (we can look it up when the posts are migrated to LU).

Moffo came in later and tried to get us all to go back to matto.

He was very sentimental in those days.

So for a lark we made him a moderator.
roopy said:
The original moderators were Legend, Willow, Gav and Ozbash from memory, and Moffo and myself were appointed when the site got 100 members.
I thought it was when we achieved our first thread with 100 replies. ('So this is where the dissendents have gone').

We took a vote, but it didn't work too well. I recall it ended up being a two horse race.

I'm pretty sure Bronco (salivor) was a Mod soonafter.
roopy said:
The LWOS site reached the massive size of 1000 members posting between 700 and 1200 posts a week between 2001 and 2003 - or roughly the size of our present International section.
Actually it was 300 members at its peak, and those 700-1200 posts would have been per month.
roopy said:
Legend and Willow made the plan to move the community to a better format and so they had more control.
One of the things we were worried about was Ninemsn shutting down the forums. At the time I saw a date pressed into a source code that showed the NineMsn forums had a limited life, 2008 was mentioned. I may have not fully understood what it meant but there was a mini-rumour for a little while. You can imagine my surprise when in 2008 NineMsn announced that they were shutting down their forums. A coincidence perhaps.

There were other more tangible reasons. The NineMsn forums were very limited in their scope. Forums such as PHPBB and vBulletin had features galore.
roopy said:
There were four or five attempts to move that failed due to the 150 or so regular posters on LWOS being comfortable with the msn format and not willing to move.
The problems we had to get the move happening were more of a technical nature. We tried about three times in 2002 with varied success, but kept coming across those type of issues that go with being on a learning curve.

There was actually a dip in the LWOS numbers for a little while and it around this time, along with new tech help from Greeneye, that we were able to bite the bullet and commit ourselves to the LU forums.

The timing was right. It started growing almost immediately.
roopy said:
It finally happened when all the moderators walked out of LWOS, as suggested by Moffo.
lol. I think it was a more universal agreement. legend and I had been working on it for months.

During one attempt I recall salivor and I having a post whore race to see who could get to 100 posts first. In fact, salivor was great help during this period. A fact that shouldn't be forgotten.
roopy said:
For the record, the LWOS forum was the highest standard forum I have been part of. What it lacked in quantity it made up in quality.
LWOS was the first rugby league community to have a dedicated politics forum.

Even though NineMsn has been shut down, Coby has saved LWOS. Just sorting out the formatting issues but eventually we'll be able to have the entire LWOS moved into LU's Classic Threads section - a technology that was not available to us in 2003.

Canadian Steve would be most pleased if he was still with us.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
I'm ashamed i forgot Salivor (young Bronco as he hated to be called).
He was definately a major player.

roopy

Referee
I thought FFB name was a joint effort, Gav was certainly part of it (we can look it up when the posts are migrated to LU).
There was probably discussion and agreement about the concept, but I think Gav has lifetime copyright on the word 'firkin'

Apey

Staff member
All this talk about who owns/made the forum and no mention of our Timmah.. :sarcasm:

Latest posts