What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for first semi

roopy

Referee
I'm going to assume Pato and Taia will play slightly injured but De Gois won't make it.

Gids
McDonnell
Doogs
Sau
Vuna
Mullen
Dureau
Taufua
Hilder
House
Simmo
Pato
Taia

Faas
Wicks
Wes
Marv

If Taia or Pato can't start, Marv into the starting side and Ciraldo to the bench.

roopy

Referee
An alternative - perhaps a better one - would be to put Timmy on the bench, House into the second row, and Wicks into the starting prop position.

Adsy

Juniors
Any chance of McManus being back or is he done for the season?

Assuming alot pass fitness tests I'd like to see something like this.

1. Gidley
2. Vuna
3. Sau
4. Doogs
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Dureau
8. Taufua
9. DeGois
10. Housten
11. Simpson
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Paterson
15. Naiqama
16. Fa's
17. Wicks

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm going to assume Pato and Taia will play slightly injured but De Gois won't make it.

Gids
McDonnell
Doogs
Sau
Vuna
Mullen
Dureau
Taufua
Hilder
House
Simmo
Pato
Taia

Faas
Wicks
Wes
Marv

If Taia or Pato can't start, Marv into the starting side and Ciraldo to the bench.

Gee that bench is average...

hugzy

Juniors
yeah we need George... oh lord if Isaac "Buderus in disguise" De Gois was playing i'd be planning a trip to Newcastle already

actually HOW does the final systems work?

if we win this week, do we get home semis next week? nrl is such a joke i wanna do the ghost dance on david gallop (but i have to save my testorones for more important matters)

Yosh

Coach
Kids
Aku
Mad Dog
Sau
Vuna

Mullen
Dureau

Taufua
Hilder
Faas
Patto
Simmo
Taia

Wicks
House
Marvin
Tovo

I'd like to see Kidley go back a little to his rover role and get into dummy half alot. Simmo, Faas, Wicks, Taufua and Marvin played well yesterday hopefully bring that good form into semi one.

Karmawave

Bench
If Hilder plays hooker for the full 80 minutes - I don't think we'll win.

In fact I'll say we can't win if he plays 9 for the entire game.

He is a great player and one of my favourites, but he has incredibly slow distribution from the dummy half and needs to stay at lock. It will slow down our attack if he plays hooker.

Ndaira should come in for a straight swap for De Gois if he is out.

In fact, I'd even prefer McDonnell at fullback and Gidley in 9 if it means Hilder stays at lock.

Having said that, if Ndaira is on the bench and splits time at hooker with Hilder, that will be adequate enough.

keeney

First Grade
If Hilder plays hooker for the full 80 minutes - I don't think we'll win.

In fact I'll say we can't win if he plays 9 for the entire game.

He is a great player and one of my favourites, but he has incredibly slow distribution from the dummy half and needs to stay at lock. It will slow down our attack if he plays hooker.

Ndaira should come in for a straight swap for De Gois if he is out.

In fact, I'd even prefer McDonnell at fullback and Gidley in 9 if it means Hilder stays at lock.

Having said that, if Ndaira is on the bench and splits time at hooker with Hilder, that will be adequate enough.

It wasn't something I'd noticed at all in his previous games in the 9, but it was attrocious today. Hilder really stifled our attack yesterday, his crabbing across field while never actually looking like passing the ball would see us swallowed up by a better side.

roopy

Referee
Dureau can do quite a lot of the dummy half work early in the tackle count, and I'd like Gidley to do a lot late in the tackle count - which doesn't leave a lot for Hilder to do apart from make 50 tackles and back up a lot.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
its simple if De Gois is out Ndaira needs to come in

I think for a normal round of the season yeah it is simple.

For a semi final bringing a very inexperienced player into such an important and critical position could be a risk.

Possibly he should be in the run-on side but plans be made to replace him incase he really is not upto the occasion

K-Man

Bench
This is my Worst Case Scenario Team with De Gois and Taia both out.

I agree that Hilder can't be dummy half for the entire match. It just won't cut it.

I also think we need to muscle up a bit in this game to have a chance. I know that changing a winning team is not ideal but really I just don't think a bench carrying Wes and Marvin can do the job against the Dogs.

I'm moving Houston to lock purely to make the starting pack a very solid, intimidating one that can stand up to the contest early. No way can Marvin come in at starting lock, no way in the world.

Ndaira to come on after about 20-25 minutes, Hilder to spend some time at lock from then on.

No idea if Ciraldo will be match fit but assuming he doesn't need to play more than 30 minutes I hope he can do the job better than the useless Naiqama.

1. Gidley
2. McDonnell (I really wish McManus was fit, and I just don't know if there would be much point bringing Uate back after dropping him last week. Not worth the risk of his fragile mental state and lack of confidence. Shannon went okay but is too small for my liking.)
3. MacDougall
4. Sau
5. Vuna
6. Mullen
7. Dureau
8. Taufua
9. Hilder
10. Fa'aoso
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Houston

14. Ndaira
15. Ciraldo
16. Tovo
17. Wicks

Ndaira in for Wes on the bench for mine too.

And did anyone even notice McDonnell in the last 60 mins yesterday? I'd like some size and strength to tire out Harrison and Morris, thanks.

Spike

First Grade
1. Gidley
2. McDonnell (I really wish McManus was fit, and I just don't know if there would be much point bringing Uate back after dropping him last week. Not worth the risk of his fragile mental state and lack of confidence. Shannon went okay but is too small for my liking.)
3. MacDougall
4. Sau
5. Vuna
6. Mullen
7. Dureau
8. Taufua
9. Hilder
10. Fa'aoso
11. Simpson
12. Paterson
13. Houston

14. Ndaira
15. Ciraldo
16. Tovo
17. Wicks

I like that side, except I would bring in Mika for Ciraldo as I don't think he is near match fit

Latest posts