What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully big crowds in the 2 other Sydney games this week, as well as a good one on the GC tomorrow can keep us over the 20k average for the round.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Eels v Dragons @ Parramatta - 20,300
Broncos v Cowboys @ Suncorp - 46,500
Bulldogs v Knights @ ANZ - 19,500
Sharks v Storm @ Toyota - 12,500
Panthers v Raiders @ CUA - 13,500
Titans v Warriors @ Skilled - 16,500
Rabbitohs v Roosters @ ANZ - 28,000
Tigers v Sea Eagles @ SFS - 16,500

Avg: 21,500

What a shame Eels dragons couldnt be moved from an averages POV.
I think your crowds stats are the nearest.

RockWheel

Bench
Hopefully big crowds in the 2 other Sydney games this week, as well as a good one on the GC tomorrow can keep us over the 20k average for the round.

Didn't the Gold Coast get a pretty disappointing crowd this time last year? People going to the beach on a Sunday arvo and all that.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Considering the last 3 times Canberra has played at Penrith we have got 7 or 8K it isn't too bad. Club was hoping for 13K though.

Brutus

Referee
Roosters v Souths will get a bigger crowd than Parra v Dragons but that's only because of the venue.

Put both games on at ANZ and Parra v Dragons would've won easily.

Dakink

Bench
I would be interesting to see what the average crowds are as a pecentage of the home grounds capacity.

If we have a number of Sydney clubs running close to 90% capacity regularlyl then it is time to move the bigger games to bigger grounds.

Would also be interesting to see those stats compared to the AFL, if they average 35k in a 55k or 100k stadium then they are running at 35-55% capacity.

If a number of clubs are running close to 90% capacity regularly then where do they grow from there? (Dragons, Eels??)

m0nty

Juniors
Comparison of last year to this year:

2009: Storm v Dragons @ Olympic: 14,870
2010: Panthers v Raiders @ CUA: 11,133

2009: Broncos v Cowboys @ Suncorp: 45,022
2010: Broncos v Cowboys @ Suncorp: 48,516

2009: Warriors v Eels @ Mt Smart: 20,102
2010: Eels v Dragons @ Parramatta: 18,293

2009: Bulldogs v Sea Eagles @ ANZ: 19,791
2010: Bulldogs v Knights @ ANZ: 18,110

2009: Sharks vs Panthers @ Toyota: 10,617
2010: Sharks v Storm @ Toyota: 11,820

2009: Titans v Knights @ Skilled: 16,203
2010: Titans v Warriors @ Skilled:

2009: Roosters v Rabbitohs @ SFS: 24,486
2010: Rabbitohs v Roosters @ ANZ:

2009: Tigers v Raiders @ Campbelltown: 17,392
2010: Tigers v Sea Eagles @ SFS:

If you take those games as equivalents, crowds are actually down 2,530 on round 1 last year. The last two games are at bigger grounds in '10, though, so the total should be higher after tomorrow.

Billythekid

First Grade
cheers chook.

Out of town teams for both the sharks and the Panthers, so at least they don't play them at home again till next year on the up side.

Both the sharks and panthers crowds were pathetic really. After waiting for so long for the footy to come back, all the hype around memberships and the game in general and this is what we get.

We talk about how the new AFL team is going to flop and than we get 11,000 to a game in league heartland.

The bulldogs crowd i thought was ok though. The knights are an out of town team and it didn't look like there was many Knights fans there. If the dogs can get around this many for the smaller games and than get bumber crowds against the big Sydney clubs they could really get their average up.

Overall though it has been disappointing. Firstly the Parra Dragons match, 2 of the big Sydney clubs facing each other in a hugely hyped up match with both teams in great form and we only get 18,000. This is partly due to the ground but surely that isn't doing our game justice.

Than that is followed up today with a terrible crowd from the Sharks and Panthers.

I guess the good thing about this is that 2 of our lowest drawing games for the season are out of the way without going sub 10,000.

I am still totally confident we will have the best year ew have ever had for crowds but i was hoping for a better start.

Yes i know i am being overly negative but after watching our game sold short for so long i want to see it flourish like it should.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
So last year was 168483

And we are at 107812 so far

Say GC -19000
SFS - 26000
SFS - 19000

We get 171812...... its realistic we will beat last year... the Roosters v Bunnies is gaining a bit of an event feel in the sydney media so i reckon we will beat it

m0nty

Juniors
Maybe those huge trial crowds were a bad thing? Some people might have got their NRL fix for a while at a reduced price, and didn't feel the need to see a home & away game weeks later.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Personally and this is the issue, I am having to pick and choose games. I can't afford to spend $100-150 a game going to an NRL game when I can watch the thing on TV on IQ where I can fast forward the rubbish. Normally I would go to the Cowboys-Brisbane game, but I was busy watching a movie instead. The prices to games is too much. I remember back in the days the Dogs used to have $10 GA seats.

MightyBronco

Juniors
how the f**k do you spend 100=150 going to the footy?

We enjoy a drink us QLDer's. I've done that easy. Gee, you should see the bill after the cricket!

How else can we maintain the yobbo reputation. Speaking of which, i've heard that the crowd friday night was rather 'rowdy', with lots of crowd involvement and a few fights. :D

Hopefully we wont have used it all up by the time the dragons come here late in the season. Last years semi was awesome.

As for low crowds...i wouldnt get to worried about them honestly. The usual offenders arent really gunna turn things around are they? But i would be worried if the Dogs and Tigers numbers go backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts