1. Round 6 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 6 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

It's time for the NRL to take concussion more seriously. A look at recent events and what rules need changing. We talk to Adam O'Brien on how Newcastle plan to respond after last week's big loss to the Titans, and there's a special tribute to retiring North Queensland half Michael Morgan. As always, the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 6 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2010 Crowd Watch

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Timmah, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CC_Roosters

CC_Roosters First Grade

:shock: surely not. i would be surprised if the broncos pull anything under 40K

2. DINGb@T

[email protected] Juniors

I think you'll find that the fast snap back on the crowds also has to do with the teams that were dropped with the 'reunification'. A large part of the dive in 1997 was the extra, not so well supported, teams that pulled the average down. WIth those teams gone the smaller number of teams would have helped the figures bounce a fair bit. Losing teams like Adelaide, Perth, the Crushers, etc would help the average a lot without reflecting any great improvement in the competition. The fact that we've added in two extra teams over that time and still maintained the average is a testament to the healthier state of the game.

Also, there was only 22 rounds up until the 98 season (easier on the average, harder on the total) before increasing to 26. Today we've reduced that to 24 rounds per team yet we have a bigger crowd total than we were getting a few years ago. Those sorts of figures will skew the numbers.

3. elbusto

elbusto Coach

There is no truce. You are a troll.

And writing 'exciting' words to pretend otherwise is blatant BS.

4. elbusto

elbusto Coach

5. big_matt

big_matt Juniors

I dont think its up to you whether you accept a truce offered to someone else or not. And you didn't answer my last post (on the previous page) where I linked examples from 6 months ago where you were agreeing with my points. How come I wasn't a troll then?

I'll await your 4th post of this thread just saying 'you are a troll'....

6. Bodsy

Bodsy Juniors

Eels vs Dragons, Parramatta: 21,480 | Should be a sell out.
    Broncos vs Cowboys, Suncorp: 43,500 | Broncos will get a great crowd for kickoff in Brisbane
    Bulldogs vs Knights, ANZ: 24,300 | Dogs fans will come out in numbers for this one
    Sharks vs Storm, Toyota: 14,800 | A solid crowd for saturday night footy for a Sharks Game
    Panthers vs Raiders, CUA: 17,200 | After a good pre-season for the Panthers, fans should come out and support their team
    Titans vs Warriors, Skilled: 21,200 | Titans looking to build on last seasons home form, should be a good crowd
    Rabbitohs vs Roosters, ANZ: 36,110 | I think they'll advertise this game highly and fans will come steaming in, Souths with their 11,000 Ticketed members should make a big difference on the crowd this year. Should be a cracker, hopefully a clear sunday arvo
    Tigers vs Sea Eagles, SFS: 18,200 | Tigers to open up Monday night footy with a good crowd.

Total Average: 24,601

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  7. Chook Norris

Chook Norris First Grade

that's being bloody optimistic Rufus :sarcasm::sarcasm:

IMO:

• Eels vs Dragons HAS to be a sell-out
    • Broncos vs Cowboys will draw NO LESS than 44k (considering 36k+ already sold) [prediction: 47k on the night]
    • Bulldogs vs Knights... even with the chance of rain.. no less than 15k [09 final drew a paltry 21k, so we're capped at that i think) [prediction: 18,800]
    • Panthers vs Raiders.. possibly crap, but still 13k+ [prediction: 14,000]
    • Sharks vs storm...also possible stinker, prediciton: 13k
    • Titans vs Warriors... no less than 17k [prediction: 21,000 ]
    • Rabbits v Roosters ... 26k minimum [prediction: 33,000]
    • Tigers vs Eagles ... two teams played played 09 MNF with 13.5k.. opening round.. no less than 18k [prediction: 18,500]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  8. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

There were 21,000 chickens at last years semi final? :crazy:

9. Chook Norris

Chook Norris First Grade

paltry* lol

10. ouwet

ouwet Bench

You cannot buy tickets to the Eels V Dragons game on ticketek... No NRL club should be allowed to play at a stadium with a capacity under 30,000!

Venue:
    Parramatta Stadium, NSW
    Date:
    Fri 12 Mar 2010 7:35pm - Eels v Dragons
    Allocation Exhausted
    Ticket pricing at:
    Parramatta Stadium, NSW on
    Fri 12 Mar 2010 7:35pm - Eels v Dragons

11. elbusto

elbusto Coach

Sorry mate but everybody can see it. Move on is my advice. Find a friend.
    :crazy:

12. Teddyboy

Teddyboy First Grade

It be better if West Tiger's play there 1st game in the rest and Souths leave ANZ alone a stick to SFS.

13. Timmah

Timmah LeagueUnlimited News Editor Staff Member

In English?

14. Morro

Morro Juniors

Record crowds forecast for NRL openers

By David Beniuk AAP Mon, 08 Mar 2010 18:26:32

The NRL is on track for a record-breaking round of crowds as the competition prepares to kick off on Friday night.
    Hot on the heels of an astonishing turn-out for the final weekend of trials, clubs are budgeting for massive crowds which could nudge the single round record of 185,051 set in 2007.
    A dull summer of predictable cricket and the month-long lead-in provided by the All Stars clash have ticket sales going through the roof for the season openers.
    Brisbane report less than 10,000 tickets left at 52,000-capacity Suncorp Stadium for Friday's clash with North Queensland, while the Parramatta-St George Illawarra clash at Parramatta is a virtual sell-out.
    South Sydney are tipping around 25,000 for their traditional clash with the Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium, the only match in Sydney on Sunday.
    The Bulldogs expect more than 20,000 at the same venue when they take on Newcastle on Saturday, while the Lote Tuqiri factor has the Wests Tigers hopeful of a big Monday night crowd at the Sydney Football Stadium for the match against Manly.
    "We'd like to get 20-something ... if you took the midpoint and said 25 I guess that would be a crowd that we would be looking for," Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys told AAP on Monday.
    "It's a clash that deserves that kind of crowd anyway, round one, two good strong Sydney clubs and then throw in Lote as a bit of a wildcard into that, that gives us some expectation of a crowd of around that."
    Humphreys said the interest in Tuqiri's arrival back this week had already begun paying off the investment in the dual international.
    "Primarily it's about what he can do for us on the field but there's no question that off the field he'll be a big plus for us in terms of interest, in terms of publicity and we're already seeing that in terms of membership sales and sponsorship sales," Humphreys said.
    He said last year's crowd of 74,549 for the Parramatta versus Bulldogs preliminary final had raised expectations of what could be achieved in the NRL.
    "Momentum and desperation tend to be the things that maximise crowds," Humphreys said.
    "Round one's a bit different because it's all about expectation and pent-up demand and everyone wants the footy on.
    "A crowd like what was achieved at that Eels-Bulldogs game I guess opens up your mind to the possibilities, no question, and raises the bar in terms of what we all want to achieve and hope to achieve."

15. ByRd

ByRd First Grade

Souths should be expecting more than 25k. They should be able to crack 30k easily, given the rivalry and it being a sunday afternoon clash.

16. Estoboy

Estoboy Juniors

was having a chat to some officials at the Balmain AGM on sunday and they said they are confident of getting 20+

17. Moffo

Moffo Referee

most manly fans work in the city so they should be getting at least 25k. anything less would suck monkey balls. where is the promotion?

ffs NRL, there are league fans in the city. you seem to forget that. i never see much in the way of promotion on buses/at train stations etc. terrible marketing. put free buses on to the SFS from Elizabeth St on Monday night, its not that hard. First game of the year, couple of beers after a sh*t Monday, what more could you ask for on the way home

18. Panther_Daz

Panther_Daz Moderator Staff Member

There is about 1000 tickets left for tonight's game at Parra. However, the Tele have declared it a sell out.....

19. Panther_Daz

Panther_Daz Moderator Staff Member

Bumper crowd in Brisbane!

Availability:
    GoldAlloc. Exhausted
    MaroonSingle seats only
    BlueSingle seats only
    Blue UnlicensedSingle seats only
    WhiteSingle seats only
    White UnlicensedLimited seats only
    Away Supporter BayAlloc. Exhausted
    Gold Restrict ViewAvailable
    Maroon Restrict ViewAvailable
    Blue Restrict ViewAvailable
    Blue Unlic RestrictLimited seats only
    White Restrict ViewAvailable

20. $$Poor Boy Blues$$

$$Poor Boy Blues$$ Juniors

Was checking that out. Surely 48k+

You can't buy 2 seats consecutively anywhere except in restricted. Those are the top rows of the stadium I think, surely amounting to no more than a few thousand. Though I'd like to know for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.