What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Whats with the Titans home crowds.
We kept hearing before they came in that this is a LEague strong hold etc...and we keep hearing about how well they are run etc.

But quite frankly, their crowds are very average.

There is always a lot of empty seats around the place.

Maybe my expectations are too high?
Maybe there are alot of league fans up ont he GC but they are transplanted and already have alegiances.

But surely they should be getting bigger crowds.

The AFL team will get bigger crowds.(heaps of ex vics up there)

I believe the ticket price is way too high for the decent seats...but I think that applies to all clubs.

Whats the vibe??

In 2008 which was there first year at Skilled Park they had an average crowd of 21,785 fans per game. Four of there home games drew more then 25,000 fans.

In 2009 they averaged 19,345 fans per game. A decrease of 2,440 fans per game. Which works out to a 11 percent frop in numbers. Only one of there home games drew more then 25,000.

For this season, well it is very much early days and they have played only 2 games at home. At the moment they average 13,816 per game. With a high crowd of 16,112 and a low of 11,521 for last nights game. By the way that crowd last night, 11,521 is there lowest ever crowd at Skilled Park.

As I said its early days for this season. But the Titans and the NRL have to be a little concerned with the crowd figures. Next season the new AFL team comes in to play and I bet you they are sitting back taking note of the crowd figures for the Titans.

seanoff

Juniors
holy cow,

just looked at the prices for the MCG for the AFL this yr

Gate Sales: General Admission
Category Price
Adult $21.30
Child (6-14 years) $2.50
Child (five and under) Free

Concession $13.30
Family $42.60

This is how you get kids and families to the game. A family ticket to the MCG is about half the price of a family ticket on the GC. reserved tickets tell the same story

I didn't realise Skilled was so expensive.

seanoff

Juniors
but you get people into the habit of going.

taking 2 kids to the MCG costs a max of $26.30.

same as having jnr players, you have a whole generation of people for who going to the footy is part of their existence. give up a little bit of money now, for a lifetime of income.

holy cow,

just looked at the prices for the MCG for the AFL this yr

Gate Sales: General Admission
Category Price
Adult $21.30
Child (6-14 years) $2.50
Child (five and under) Free

Concession $13.30
Family $42.60

This is how you get kids and families to the game. A family ticket to the MCG is about half the price of a family ticket on the GC. reserved tickets tell the same story

I didn't realise Skilled was so expensive.

they have 100,000 seats, why charge an average of 30 bucks a seat????

if suncorp had 100k seats, they would be cheaper.

today at the game I thought there could be no more than 25-30k there - thinking 28 as my guess - but 5 minutes into the game I looked up at the corners of the second tier and they had filled a fair way. Still, I was surprised when they announced 32k and a bit. Never thought warriors would draw that many

If we get worse I doubt our crowds will stay up so high....such a crowd may well become sub 30.

Last edited:

flamin

Juniors
19,738 if you want the exact figure.

And 32,338 at Brisbane.

TBH the Sydney crowds haven't been that bad - the 15-20k are what you'd expect. We've just lacked a 30k+ to bring the average up. IMO we should really be aiming to get at least 1 crowd around that mark every round in Sydney.

19,738 if you want the exact figure.

And 32,338 at Brisbane.

TBH the Sydney crowds haven't been that bad - the 15-20k are what you'd expect. We've just lacked a 30k+ to bring the average up. IMO we should really be aiming to get at least 1 crowd around that mark every round in Sydney.

looks like you guys need more kiwis going to games down there.

of the 30k in brisbane, I would think about 10-15k were kiwi supporters.

we have seats in the centerline premium section on the 40m....but the amount of kiwis who were there (or aussies who gave their member cards to kiwi mates) was amazing. at one stage the kiwis chanted and it might as well have been a stadium in aukland.

sydney should try and get some 30s.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Sydney needs some incentives put in place for season ticket holders to attend another teams game at a reduced rate, especially at SFS and ANZ.

I am a Saints ticket holder, and would have gone to the Penrith game Saturday night and the Dogs game today if I could do it for a fair price.

At suburban grounds, you should only be able to get tickets at the gate, and only sell a limited number (so if it's close to a sell out, they don't offer the reduced price on game day).

At ANZ & SFS, should be $5 or $10 for all games, and only GA tickets. Would give the crowds a small boost with no effort and extra revenue in gate sales and food & bev

coach

Sydney needs some incentives put in place for season ticket holders to attend another teams game at a reduced rate, especially at SFS and ANZ.

I am a Saints ticket holder, and would have gone to the Penrith game Saturday night and the Dogs game today if I could do it for a fair price.

At suburban grounds, you should only be able to get tickets at the gate, and only sell a limited number (so if it's close to a sell out, they don't offer the reduced price on game day).

At ANZ & SFS, should be $5 or $10 for all games, and only GA tickets. Would give the crowds a small boost with no effort and extra revenue in gate sales and food & bev

As a Souths season ticket holder I get to see our away games against the Eels and Bulldogs played at ANZ for free

STG-MACCA

Bench
As a Souths season ticket holder I get to see our away games against the Eels and Bulldogs played at ANZ for free

And that is a good deal, but what harm would it be if it was opened up for you to all games at ANZ in the regular season?

Make it $5 for all season ticket holders of other clubs to all ANZ games, and get people in the habbit of getting back out to the footy, especially at a ground that not many like.

Something can be done, and until the ground reguarly holds 50k+ it should be in place for everyone to get out to the footy more often.

dogz08

First Grade
I think when the Dogs play the Dragons in round 10 it should get 30k.. if it's on a Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.