What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dissapointing statement made by fans last night

Gronk

Staff member
I get not going if you have GA seats and don't want to get wet arse. If you prepare well however (like we did for SoO last week) sitting in the rain watching the footy is not hard.

The real soft c**ks are those around us in the covered seating that still CBF going to the game.

Eels Dude

Coach
Stupid thread. Given how unpredictable the rain has been the last couple of days (dry for an hour and then all of a sudden pisses down out of nowhere) no-one was to know it wasn't going to rain during the game. Good on ya for going along, but you've no right to bag others for not attending. I regret I didn't go, but at the same time I catch public transport to the game which involves a lot of walking, add to that sitting in a wet seat and facing the possibility of getting drenched for 2 hours and then having to trudge home in heavy sopping wet shoes and jeans. As someone else said, most people decide well before 6pm whether they're going to go to the game or not. It's not like people are sitting around twiddling their thumbs all evening peering out the window to see if the rain has stopped.

parraeelz

Juniors
Oh, haha, now I see what you're doing. You're saying that you're a bigger fan than other Eels fans because you turned up.

Now we can see the real motivation for this thread.

:lol:

lol if ur referring to me here I clearly stated that I'm not against the fans who couldn't make it due to personal reasons such as yourself..

TheParraboy

Staff member
I would have given my left nut to drive up from the Gong to be at the game, rain hail or full moon, Unfortunately Ive got commitments every Friday afternoon to early evening which I cant get out of :(:(:(

More weekend and Monday night games please :D

Agent Mulder

Bench
firstly id like to say i was there last night in my usual seats. Normally I am surrounded by other members and only about 5 of the regulars showed up. I kept hoping the crowd would build up and sadly it didnt. I'm not here to bag out the fans who actually couldnt make it to the game...but surely the ones who were scared of the rain or just thought we were gonna get out asses whooped should be ashamed. It was the best atmosphere of rugby league ive ever had in my life and i dont think ive ever gave so much abuse to any nrl player before in my life. My passionate hate for Billy Slater grew to a hole new level despite me hating that son of a bitch. I just couldnt believe that after everything that happened last year only 7000 fans turn up to this game. I can guarantee that if the next home games against the broncos is played in the rain these fans will rock up...but i just hope all of u realised what a great game u missed. Despite the poor turn out every parramatta player gave it their all and even Hayne put his eels jersey over the blues one out there last nite and gave it to slater.
Once again im not bagging fans who couldnt make it due to personal reasons, but the ones who just didnt show faith in our team last night and were scared of getting a bit wet, which btw it only rained for less than a minute should seriously be ashamed. Im acting harsh on this as it is also a week where the AFL is targeting the NRL and for a match of so much potential and hype during the week drawing that kind of crowd really makes us NRL and Parra fans look pathetic.
On a high note though good stuff boys last night some f**kin inspirational sh*t out there.
Mannah for a blues jersey:p

Next time try and post proper, I could hardley read this dribble.

I do enjoy when it rains, But i didnt go last night either, I've been to two matches in the pissing down rain ('03 Dogs Vs Eels, '06 Eels Vs Saints) and its not fun at all, I read how many rocked up to the game and it didnt suprise me at all.

Like i said to the missus this morning, You can't expect people to go and sit in that sh*t last night and enjoyed the game, Esp people with children.

Agent Mulder

Bench
BUT - the rain was still belting down in the north of sydney well until when the game started
!

You aint kidding, i live on the north shore and me and the wife went to lunch in the city after i finished work at 11am, It never stopped raining in the city or when we came back home to the north.

I worked at 3am yesterday so i was never a chance of going, I thought the game was live at 8pm switched over to see Tigers and Dogs, f**k this i thought and went to bed, I'll watch the game today.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Let's point the finger in the right direction here. It's not the fans I blame but the Stadium, which we all know needs an upgrade. If people knew they could go and sit on a dry seat I'm sure thousands more would have turned up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
meanwhile, 2 western sydney teams played only 10k's down the road and they got a REAL figure of less than 10000...

Angry_eel

First Grade
Im not too sad. Ye i missed out on a good game but I didn't want to cop a week of sickness afterwards. I left my decision pretty late as well. At 6:00 I looked outside the window at work and it was bucketing down. This is in the city though. I ended up having a good round of drinking and got home in time to watch the game. At the end of the day im just glad the boys won.

bildo

Juniors
who sat in the rain? there wasnt a drop in Parramatta from 6pm onwards.

It was a poor turnout for such a big game - rain during the day or no rain.

It shows what a bunch of soft c**ks sydney sports fans are.

FMD!! We got a bigger crowd, here in Cairns, to watch the Cows V Worriers trial, in torrential tropical rain, earlier this year. :oops:

HevyDevy

Coach
You aint kidding, i live on the north shore and me and the wife went to lunch in the city after i finished work at 11am, It never stopped raining in the city or when we came back home to the north.

I worked at 3am yesterday so i was never a chance of going, I thought the game was live at 8pm switched over to see Tigers and Dogs, f**k this i thought and went to bed, I'll watch the game today.

Yeah me too mate. I live in Crows Nest and it belted down non-stop all day and half the night.

Clarkieel

Juniors
I rarely miss a game but I have been off work sick for two weeks witha chest infection so I think staying home was justified. I was there against the Roosters many years ago getting hailed on for the second half and stayed and watched and I would have loved to be there last night booing from bay 66 but for the first time in history sickness kept me away

Weels

Juniors
If Parra had of played like that in the grand final, then you just might have nothing to whinge about.
Especially now that the Storm have been exposed as a team of cheats & thugs.
Well, they have always been thugs, that is nothing new.

pk76

Juniors
7500 very vocal fans were far more encouraging than the usual 13000 half vocal fans :lol:

tbh I wasn't going to go either - I wasn't overly keen for a 1hr peak hour drive in pouring rain - BUT I was watching the radar and noticed it cleared in just the right places for me and that it was likely not going to rain for the game ... turned out, apart from 1 broken down car at rookwood, it was the clearest trip to parra i'd ever had!

BUT - the rain was still belting down in the north of sydney well until when the game started and there was flooding in the east, inner west and north .... so I don't blame anyone for chosing not to drive through that on a friday night

not every parra fan lives at parramatta ..... i don't blame people for not turning up ... but they missed a doesy!

Spot on! I was there last night but we can't blame people for not turning up especially with the weather yesterday.

7500 very vocal fans made the atmosphere unreal. Proud to be one of them.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Once again im not bagging fans who couldnt make it due to personal reasons, but the ones who just didnt show faith in our team last night and were scared of getting a bit wet, which btw it only rained for less than a minute should seriously be ashamed. Im acting harsh on this as it is also a week where the AFL is targeting the NRL and for a match of so much potential and hype during the week drawing that kind of crowd really makes us NRL and Parra fans look pathetic.
Why get yourself so worked up about who or who wasn't at the game? As long as you were there, who cares how many other fans showed up?

It doesn't really matter what other people's reasons were for not going last night - one reason isn't any more valid than another and going to the game is a personal choice. You've got some great memories having ventured out on a rotten night to watch the Eels smash the Storm, while others got to watch it at home. What's the big deal?

parraeelz

Juniors
Why get yourself so worked up about who or who wasn't at the game? As long as you were there, who cares how many other fans showed up?

It doesn't really matter what other people's reasons were for not going last night - one reason isn't any more valid than another and going to the game is a personal choice. You've got some great memories having ventured out on a rotten night to watch the Eels smash the Storm, while others got to watch it at home. What's the big deal?

I'm just a bit worked up as this game had game of the season and 'must go to game' written all over it for Parra supporters. I understand many couldn't make it as they live far and due to the weather, however I am just saying there would still be fans out there who could have made it to the game but decided against it maybe because of the recent form I don't know. The crowd figures should matter to everyone, not as much as team form etc. but in general for future survivals of all clubs. It doesn't feel good to have a bad reputation for crowds at Parra also. Well I'm a bit over it now but in the heat of the moment it did get to me seeing lots of fans just didn't bother to come.

HevyDevy

Coach
The FACT is that most people couldn't be arsed sitting in the pissing rain. They would have decided earlier in the day not to go because of the weather.

Mate, I used to go sit in the pissing rain too but to be honest I couldn't be f**ked doing it anymore either.

I don't think you can blame anyone for not going last night given the weather during the day.

So get over it.