What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Board Report

Glenn

First Grade
Just flicking through the report, I find it hard to believe that some members would think that Peter Wynn's Score would be linked to the leagues club, and then to go on to mention they are competitors.
To me that is nothing but a attempt to discredit Peter Wynn, should any challenge to the board be forthcoming by raising the spectre of a conflict of interest should Peter Wynn be elected.

Gronk

Staff member
You are kidding Gronk, Hadley lost respect for Roy, he never had respect for any person who would stand against his mate. Over many years I have seen the respect shown by Hadley to good people, and some who have been very close to him...he is a fair weather sailor and we will see how he can ethically protect his mate in the future. There is another very powerful man within the same network as Hadley who wants full detail...very interesting times ahead.

It is sad on this site to see even when you are shown the truth, you just throw the baby out with the bath water.

No point shooting the messenger Sevens. I just saying what I heard, not backing him. :roll:

Parra Guru

Coach
No matter what that report says, or who it attempts to shift blame to, it doesn't change my opinion that some of the board members, including Spagnolo, are snakes.

Anderson was clearly destined to be sacked, which makes me wonder why he was single handedly allowed to release players at all??

Sangreal 86

Juniors
I read the board report, and for me it raised more questions than it answered.

I have shown the report to a number of members who are not part of our online community and they have voice the same concerns to me, they wonder about some of the points raised in the report and believe it raised more questions than it answers.

On a looking at the big picture here, the Board has engaged its detractors with fire, It will be interesting to see how this election campaign goes from here. I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens when Hadley gets back from India for round 2.

All I can say is it is interesting times.

Also thank you to Jodeci for stating that Indeed I don't mind change. But I want to see change for the better. As long as the club improves on all fronts then I am happy.

Mark IMO the board have not "engaged its detractors with fire" enough, as the campaign against this board and the leaks from within this club by supposedly professional people is a disgrace. The puppeteer directing all this sh*t will finally have his strings cut, and unfortunately good people will be judged by association. Hadley can bleet away to his hearts content, but some facts would be appropriate now and again.

Glenn

First Grade
No matter what that report says, or who it attempts to shift blame to, it doesn't change my opinion that some of the board members, including Spagnolo, are snakes.

Anderson was clearly destined to be sacked, which makes me wonder why he was single handedly allowed to release players at all??

So the board could publish more reasons as to why the contract of Anderson was terminated. ;-)

strider

Post Whore
So Mr Findlay provides investigative services AND employment services :lol: :lol:

pretty convenient we saved a bit of money searching for a candidate there :thumn

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Just flicking through the report, I find it hard to believe that some members would think that Peter Wynn's Score would be linked to the leagues club, and then to go on to mention they are competitors.
To me that is nothing but a attempt to discredit Peter Wynn, should any challenge to the board be forthcoming by raising the spectre of a conflict of interest should Peter Wynn be elected.

Absolute rubbish that anyone would discredit "Wally", he has the right to challenge, as does anyone else. Peter is a very close friend to the majority of us, but his business is in direct competition to the clubs outlet. If Peter were to run and be successful, I am sure that the conflict of interest could be worked out for him to take up and acting role. My only concerns is that Peter is running for the sole reason that he can make a difference to the future success of this clubs, and not the private agenda of someone from the past.

btaag

Juniors
Qn: Would Kearney have definitely wanted Inu and Mateo at Parramatta on $400k and $300k deals?

Qn: Would Kearney be happy with salary cap flexibility in 2011 and 2012 if he didnt agree to sign the two afroementioned players (and others released?)

QN: Have the Eels been presented with an opportunity to strengthen the club in Kearney's vision over the next 3 years?

I would answer yes to at least 2 of these.

Parra Guru

Coach
So the board could publish more reasons as to why the contract of Anderson was terminated. ;-)

Well if anything, it only makes them look dumber because it was a very good call IMO to let go of all 3 of them when u consider the offers they had on the table! :lol:

ParraAds

Juniors
you should read the fair work transcript for Delaney v parra, it is even better.
http://www.fwa.gov.au/FWAISYS/isysquery/a76515ee-eb8f-4932-b563-27080b4fdfce/2/doc/

It appears Cofrancesco was very much in the middle of Delaneys sacking and received a promotion before being sacked himself.

Mr Nofal’s is mentioned in the evidence as reporting to Delaney but after her dismissal is appointed to a role that is now a higher level than that previously held by Delaney.

I believe Mr Nofal recently resigned from his position at PLC so I wouldn't be reading too much into that.

Glenn

First Grade
Absolute rubbish that anyone would discredit "Wally", he has the right to challenge, as does anyone else. Peter is a very close friend to the majority of us, but his business is in direct competition to the clubs outlet. If Peter were to run and be successful, I am sure that the conflict of interest could be worked out for him to take up and acting role. My only concerns is that Peter is running for the sole reason that he can make a difference to the future success of this clubs, and not the private agenda of someone from the past.

To my way of reading the report has done this by claiming him as a competitor and claiming conflict of interest, unless I am very much mistaken Peter Wynn sells more merchandise than just Parramatta supporter gear and across a variety of sporting codes.
And to even have concerns he is doing this as some sort of agenda from someone else is again to my way of thinking attempting to discredit him.
We need to take the candidates on face value, and not attempt to link them to the past, but let there records speak for themselves

Glenn

First Grade
Well if anything, it only makes them look dumber because it was a very good call IMO to let go of all 3 of them when u consider the offers they had on the table! :lol:

Indeed the money that has been quoted, hardly justifies them being retained based on 2010 performances.

Sangreal 86

Juniors

Snakes hide behind things, just as you are here, behind "Parra Guru".

Daniel had the same conditions in his contract as Stephan Kearney has, and any coach in the NRL. Any coach who signed their contract handing over recruitment to their respective boards would be an absolute fool.

Daniel would select who he wanted and who he did not , and then would obviously consult with Paul to see if the the new recruiting of the players he wanted were viable under the salary cap, a procedure that happens at every club.

Mate you seem to have great incite into the machinations of this club? Daniel was never destined to be sacked, do you think this board and management wanted him to fail or something. Daniel made his bed by demanding an extension of his contract......The End !!

Parra Guru

Coach
tbh I actually don't believe Peter Wynn would be at all threatened by the BGA store. He will ALWAYS offer a more competitive price on regular items. The only thing the BGA store had over Wynnie' is that they have a few exclusive items.

To my way of reading the report has done this by claiming him as a competitor and claiming conflict of interest, unless I am very much mistaken Peter Wynn sells more merchandise than just Parramatta supporter gear and across a variety of sporting codes.
And to even have concerns he is doing this as some sort of agenda from someone else is again to my way of thinking attempting to discredit him.
We need to take the candidates on face value, and not attempt to link them to the past, but let there records speak for themselves

Still it is an interesting way to treat a long term sponsor of the club.

Either way on the Conflict of interest, my read on the situation is as long as he doesn't run for the leagues club board, no conflict would arise.

If he ran for the LC board, and was successful he would have to excuse himself from any discussions in relation to the merchandise store.

Gronk

Staff member
Still it is an interesting way to treat a long term sponsor of the club.

Either way on the Conflict of interest, my read on the situation is as long as he doesn't run for the leagues club board, no conflict would arise.

If he ran for the LC board, and was successful he would have to excuse himself from any discussions in relation to the merchandise store.

A simple solution I would think ?

Parra Guru

Coach
Snakes hide behind things, just as you are here, behind "Parra Guru".

Daniel had the same conditions in his contract as Stephan Kearney has, and any coach in the NRL. Any coach who signed their contract handing over recruitment to their respective boards would be an absolute fool.

Daniel would select who he wanted and who he did not , and then would obviously consult with Paul to see if the the new recruiting of the players he wanted were viable under the salary cap, a procedure that happens at every club.

Mate you seem to have great incite into the machinations of this club? Daniel was never destined to be sacked, do you think this board and management wanted him to fail or something. Daniel made his bed by demanding an extension of his contract......The End !!

And yet, you chose to sign up to defend your buddies to all the 'snakes' like me that are hiding behind a forum alias? :lol:

Does the report answer where the leaks within came from on issues such as Caylo's retirement, or even how those issues were handled?? Does it address player/coach/board disharmony that has been reported?? Of course not, because that's something that just might have been the fault of the current board.

I don't claim to have a great incite, but hey, at the end of the day, my vote holds the same weight as yours 'mate'.

Last edited:

Latest posts