What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxhead

First Grade
I looked Chris Tuatura-Morrison up, and for those who don't know, he is a 24-25 year old centre that plays for the Newtown Jets (NSW Cup). Would be a good buy. He also saved the life of a man who had a heart-attack.

I think Kearney's recruitment, considering the options available to him, is a lot better than most other people believe; just my opinion though.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I looked Chris Tuatura-Morrison up, and for those who don't know, he is a 24-25 year old centre that plays for the Newtown Jets (NSW Cup). Would be a good buy. He also saved the life of a man who had a heart-attack.

I think Kearney's recruitment, considering the options available to him, is a lot better than most other people believe; just my opinion though.

I agree 100%.

spiderdan

Bench
The Warriors do have a bit of a selection problem regarding Mateo.....they can't possibly play him in the back-row, so unless he comes off the bench or they do move him to five-eighth, they will have a bit of a head-ache.

I would gladly welcome James Maloney next year....
why can't they play him in the back row? simon mannering and lewis brown have spent plenty of time in the centres which isn't too different a role to playing second row.

you don't pay a guy $400k/season to warm the bench. i won't be surprised if the warriors play a similar style to the 2010 roosters with their lock being an extra ball-player. mateo will wear 13 and play almost exclusively on the left side in attack which is where he does the most damage.

SDM

First Grade
I wonder who will make his tackles? He doesn't have Mortimer to protect him?

Avenger

Immortal
Mate a friendly bet of a bottle of rakija or perhaps a case of beer that morts won't be a surprise?

Ok. I say he has a good season you say no. A bottle of moonshine of our choice. I prefer plum or better still Krushka or kajsija would be even better. Ask your dad of you don't know what that is. :D

ROGUE

Juniors
Ok. I say he has a good season you say no. A bottle of moonshine of our choice. I prefer plum or better still Krushka or kajsija would be even better. Ask your dad of you don't know what that is. :D

Krushka i believe is peach and kajsija has me stumped

Avenger

Immortal
Well done spiderdan, Krushka is pear and for your info Rogue kajsija is apricot. IMO the best of them all if made properly.

lucablight

First Grade
I wonder who will make his tackles? He doesn't have Mortimer to protect him?

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Mateo averaged 21 tackles a game. Only Hindmarsh, Cayless and Ben Smith made more tackles for the Eels in 2010.
Only Hayne and Fui ran for more metres as well. Not bad for someone who had everyone else do his job for him.

Avenger

Immortal
Our board allowed Anderson to cut Mateo whilst sharpening the knives for Anderson's own demise. Probably the dumbest thing they have done to this date. To a lesser extent was the situation with KK without signing a better alternative. I however still think we will nab a 7 before the season starts.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. Mateo averaged 21 tackles a game. Only Hindmarsh, Cayless and Ben Smith made more tackles for the Eels in 2010.
Only Hayne and Fui ran for more metres as well. Not bad for someone who had everyone else do his job for him.

it's a pity that everyone else can see it accept for you..

you'll get over it one day Luca, I know you will..;-)

Gronk

Staff member
Originally Posted by ROGUE
Mate a friendly bet of a bottle of rakija or perhaps a case of beer that morts won't be a surprise?

Krushka i believe is peach and kajsija has me stumped

Well done spiderdan, Krushka is pear and for your info Rogue kajsija is apricot. IMO the best of them all if made properly.

Merry Xmas for Friday gents. I shall be no doubt having a few sljivovic (plum) during the course of the day. My outlaws will also no doubt feed me until I burst. Usual story with the Balkans. Why do they always have enough food for 20 even though there is only 8 of us ? :lol:

Avenger

Immortal
Thanks Gronk. Rogue has a Croatian background and has already had his Christmas. I have a busy week. Christmas and then my slava or name day 2 days later.

lucablight

First Grade
it's a pity that everyone else can see it accept for you..

you'll get over it one day Luca, I know you will..;-)

Or Maybe I'm the only one who is sane (actually not really because I know there are others who agree with me).

Yes you are right about me having trouble accepting the club let go of one of the most gifted players in the NRL. It's not like I'm blindly stating this. The numbers speak for themselves.

Sometimes players get a certain stigma attached to them and no matter what they do they have trouble shaking it off. (e.g. Hayne is hopeless at fullback play!!). Mateo obviously picked up the tag of being lazy and never doing anything even though he is one of the top performers stats wise in both attack and defence! How do people explain this anomaly?

Eels Dude

Coach
Or Maybe I'm the only one who is sane (actually not really because I know there are others who agree with me).

Yes you are right about me having trouble accepting the club let go of one of the most gifted players in the NRL. It's not like I'm blindly stating this. The numbers speak for themselves.

Sometimes players get a certain stigma attached to them and no matter what they do they have trouble shaking it off. (e.g. Hayne is hopeless at fullback play!!). Mateo obviously picked up the tag of being lazy and never doing anything even though he is one of the top performers stats wise in both attack and defence! How do people explain this anomaly?

Mateo isn't lazy. It's unfair to label him as that. He does have weaknesses though. I think he's just not a smart footballer and sometimes just lacks in being a team player and that lets him down. Too many times he stuffs up by taking the wrong options, a la attempting to offload when in no position to do so on the 2nd tackle 20 metres out from our own line, or just making a break and when he does find open space throws a pass to no-one when he could just take the tackle and get us in an attacking position with 3 tackles remaining. It's little things like that people remember, not stats. It's the brain explosions and dropped balls people remember. It's sad Mateo has gone. He was brilliant in '07 and 08... but in '09 and '10 he was as big a hinderance as he was an asset.

mrpwnd

Bench
To be fair, his only shocker in 09 was IIRC in that dragons game where he had that wonky offload and got the hook for it, he was pretty good aside from that. 2010 he only decided to tick in the last 3-4 games.

Stagger eel

Staff member

so having said that, you would of given him an upgrade to 400K + to match or better the Warriors offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts