What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured/Confirmed Signings 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
9 is a weak spot for us but MK is playing ok at the moment-Boy he is tuff.
We need back thou and need atleast 2 more

Cocidius

Juniors
I'm not questioning the ploy, just saying from Luke's perspective.......he obviously wants to play plenty of minutes.......

Oh definatly, but whats the best way to improve those chances....play under him on a weekly basis ;) hahahha...
Im with you mate...i dont see it happening for any reason! As avenger has stated, a 3rd party deal has collapsed...although i cant see crowe not finding another one!

Avenger

Immortal
Oh definatly, but whats the best way to improve those chances....play under him on a weekly basis ;) hahahha...
Im with you mate...i dont see it happening for any reason! As avenger has stated, a 3rd party deal has collapsed...although i cant see crowe not finding another one!

They guy that I spoke to is a mad South fan and a rep at this company. It fell through or rather cannot be registered due to a conflict with Souths official drinks supplier.

El Diablo

Post Whore
They guy that I spoke to is a mad South fan and a rep at this company. It fell through or rather cannot be registered due to a conflict with Souths official drinks supplier.

how would Souths not know this at the time :?

would he still sponsor him at another club where it wouldn't count in the cap?

Avenger

Immortal
how would Souths not know this at the time :?

would he still sponsor him at another club where it wouldn't count in the cap?

Souths sports drink company is Powerade. This one isn't. I think ours is actually Gatorade which would also piss them off. So who knows ?

Cocidius

Juniors
I don't see the point of signing Issac Luke when he defends marginally better than Mitchell

Lets see him play with a team that actually has set defensive plays and an actual game plan...something souths haven't done for a while!

Soward once couldn't defend too...funny how a simple game plan and a good coach changed that!

Ratchy

Juniors
Lets see him play with a team that actually has set defensive plays and an actual game plan...something souths haven't done for a while!

Soward once couldn't defend too...funny how a simple game plan and a good coach changed that!

Even then i still don't see the point. Keating played 80 mins tonight and did pretty well. It's committing large sum of money out of the salary cap when there are bigger needs.

Cocidius

Juniors
Even then i still don't see the point. Keating played 80 mins tonight and did pretty well. It's committing large sum of money out of the salary cap when there are bigger needs.

I too agree Keating can do a solid job and is getting stronger with each game.
Luke is in a different class to Keating; he will bring another point of attack! A team should be built around a core spine and a spine of Hayne, Sandow and Luke would be unbelivable from what we have had t endure over the last few years...

slammingsam

Juniors
Issue is between Issac and Orr. Will be resolved in the courts at the end of the year in which Issac will probably pay him out. Issac will not leave Souths.

Parraren

Bench
We've recruited well so far.

Luke would be nice, but honestly Macguire + Keating can get the job done. Luke is a tad overrated imo too.

WE STILL NEED OUTSIDE BACKS!

Big fast ones preferably.

Morgan & Atkins are woeful.

Parraren

Bench
I'm pretty sure there are hardly any good Wings on the market at the moment. Unless you would perfer Purtell or Simmons to Burt.

Mate we have a better winger/centre running around for Wenty than those 2.

Walker would have dead set bagged a hatrick tonight running off Hayne.

Instead we have 'lead boots' Morgan & 'concrete boots' Atkins who both couldn't find a hole in a $2 Thai brothel.

And don't give me the old 'Walker can't defend' rubbish - the first try Manly scored off the scrum shows what fantastic defenders we had out there on the right side. Lined up 4 on 4 from the scrum and we still couldn't get it right. They strolled in 10m in from the sideline. Embarrasing stuff.

End rant.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
We've recruited well so far.

Luke would be nice, but honestly Macguire + Keating can get the job done. Luke is a tad overrated imo too.

WE STILL NEED OUTSIDE BACKS!

Big fast ones preferably.

Morgan & Atkins are woeful.

Morgan is ok and will get better. Atkins is ok and is good as a reserve.

So yeah, I think a winger and centre are main priorities.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Morgan is ok and will get better. Atkins is ok and is good as a reserve.

So yeah, I think a winger and centre are main priorities.

Agreed, in attack if we had a better winger (instead of Atkins) and a better center (instead of Morgan) we would have scored a few more tries and possibly stopped one from being scored in the first 4 minutes.
Come on SK/Arthur's buy a center and possibly a winger before June 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.