What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings punted to Windsor

franklin2323

Immortal
We have lost 4 in arow. The only players dropped are 2 wingers & our leading tryscorer. Yeah that's our problem.

Why the lies? Gus said last night he was out for 3 weeks yet today he's dropped. The attitude is poor across the board. Plenty of others are getting overs yet only 1 is too blame. What about the forwards or Walsh?

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah Walsh was shit against the Storm....

Oh wait he wasn't there...

lol Walsh aint the issue.

murraymob

Coach
so jennings is the reason for our losses.His form is the reason for us losing what a joke

i guess having backrowers who average 40 meters a game is acceptable.our forwards are getting smashed every week but 3 backs get dropped.I am sure jennings will take it on the chin and bounce back he is a champion

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah Walsh was shit against the Storm....

Oh wait he wasn't there...

lol Walsh aint the issue.

I wouldn't drop him. He was halfback when we scored 0. 2 weeks running usually the 7 would go he didn't. Our forward pack was the same didn't go. Yet 2 wingers & now Jennings are to blame. It's bullshit!

murraymob

Coach
the positive is once jennings has worn the mighty wolves jersey he will return a greater footballer .

Caged Panther

First Grade
As Mr Angry said if you saw Cleary on the footy show sunday morning talking about jennings injury you wouldn't be all that surprised this had happened. He was clearly livid and basically said Jennings had been cleared fit to play and had been hooked because his performance wasn't up to scratch.

He certainly looked injured to me though...

mxlegend99

Referee
You have to love that one of the few players dropped for his poor form, was injured in the performance that got him dropped and was otherwise an Origin certainty. Ricky Stuart wouldn't have dropped him from the NSW squad for his effort against Storm while injured. Our medical staff may have cleared him to be fit enough to play, that doesn't mean that he was going to be capable of holding his own against the undefeated Melbourne Storm, or that it was wise to use an injured player. He should have had the week off, not been put out their while injured and then punished for not being superman.

Meanwhile Luke Walsh was putting in poor performance after poor performance, kept his spot until injury ruled him out (he may have been axed, doubtful though). Brad Tighe and David Simmons were both between average and horrible for 5/6 weeks before being dropped. Tighe only gets dropped for the one week, then is brought back in to replace the best centre at the club even though he's the worst.

Then you have our second rowers who are all crap and ineffective with exception of Luke Lewis. None of them have done anything to warrant coming straight into our first grade side ahead of the depth players we had, nor have they had the form to keep their positions.

But one of our 2 Origin certainties hasn't pleased the coaching staff and is being dropped to reserve grade to be replaced by a player he dropped the week before, only in that case he actually made the right decision.

The more I think about it, the more it's hard to believe that his form could possibly be the reason. If it's for off field issues, the club should come out and say it. Because dropping him and blaming his form and efforts on the field just looks absolutely stupid, when he has been among our best and a number of poor performers have kept their positions despite having alternatives who could actually do a better job, or atleast not be any worse.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Agree mx there has to be more to it. Are they trying to goad him to leave? Poor behaviour if so. Penrith have made their bed and now have to sleep in it regarding Jennings contract. Bullying a player out of a club is not ok. Certainly doesn't help our prospects of retaining his brothers either.

Big Mick

Referee
I agree with both of you.

And Maple that is a great point. We've got another 2 Jennings coming through the grades that are just as good, if not better....hardly the way to treat the family.

Something is up. I'm not buying the form argument.

Bob

Juniors
I agree with both of you.

And Maple that is a great point. We've got another 2 Jennings coming through the grades that are just as good, if not better....hardly the way to treat the family.

Something is up. I'm not buying the form argument.
I don't think its form Mick, I think its his committment, no good scoring thre trys if you let 6 in

darkbloom

Juniors
When Gus started he said it would take 18 months to turn around. Today on MMM Matty Johns said he was told that it would take 18 months before we saw the worst of it. That seems more to match up with Gus's recent statement about 3 years to turnaround which he sort of repeated today.

Jennings has been in reasonable form in a team with terrible form. So he gets punted. It would be humiliating. It sure looks like they have taken a dislike to him and want him to leave.

Elliott took a dislike to Puletua and Wesser like this. Many fans were saying the same things about them as they are about Jennings. Elliott wanted them out.

God I wish the Board listened to Leary when he recommended they punt Elliott. That cost us 3 years.

Now Gus is talking another 3 years.

The Board has a lot to answer for.

betcats

Referee
I don't think its form Mick, I think its his committment, no good scoring thre trys if you let 6 in

Its definatlely defensive issues if it is form, Justin O'neil scored a hatrick down that side and Jennings was hooked just after he scored off that scrum when he received the ball at centre...but even that doesnt make sense, against Newwy we had holes opening up everywhere, friggin Uate strolled through a hole u could of driven a bus through off a kick off.

I agree with everyone else that it is very strange that he has been dropped for form, only other thing i can think of is the players in our team in playing badly dont have the talent, they put in but just arent good enough, Mick on the other hand has talent to spare and Ivan might feel he isnt putting in 100percent....its confusing.

chrisD

Coach
There may be one other player at Penrith better than Michael Jennings, there is not 17.

He made a shocking attempt at tackle and then stayed down injured in what looked like a very happy coincidence for anyone looking for an excuse. I can't tell his commitment level off the field, but on the field the Storm game has been the only one where I think there could be any question.

I guess Cleary needs the benefit of the doubt somewhat, but my motivation to go and watch this weeks game is not there. With Jennings playing, even when we lose there's some excitement to be had, without him it's something I'd be forcing myself to do.

mxlegend99

Referee
I guess Cleary needs the benefit of the doubt somewhat, but my motivation to go and watch this weeks game is not there. With Jennings playing, even when we lose there's some excitement to be had, without him it's something I'd be forcing myself to do.
If it wasn't for the fact I bought me and my girlfriend season passes, and she was a Dragons supporter who had been looking forward to this game since the start of the year.

Big Mick

Referee
I think we are underestimating the influence of the leadership group among the players in making this decision.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
^Possibly, apparently gus said on the radio it was because of his contribution that he was dropped, form wasnt mentioned. Sounds like they think they can get more out of Jenko in which case i dont mind dropping him.

Where is Windsor playing this week? Im honestly more keen to see their game.

abpanther

Staff member
If the leadership group made the recommendation then there must be some issues there that were not seeing

penrithmob 65

Juniors
It is clear by gus this morning on radio. Jenko was dropped on form by the coaching team not gus.A bigger concern is the report in todays papers stating we have 4 players taking up half our salary cap due to back ended contracts.This is why leary was shown the door
As for not being competitive to 2015 that would tie in with these deals. As i have said many times jennings is a champion and he will bounce back
Positives are he gets to wear the great windsor jersey and could be picked directly from the windsor team another achievment by the wolves