What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings punted to Windsor

darkbloom

Juniors
Read what I said....It's a f**k up of Shane Richardson proportions.

Meaning Leary stuffed up the same way that Richardson screwed us after 2003.

And if you aren't aware of that...do some research & I'm sure you'll find it.

looks like speculation based on sources that have vested interests in people believing it.

i understood exactly what you said. Here is my take:

Leary, Elliott had a vested interest in making Richo out to have made dud deals.

Gould, Clearly Have a vested interest in making out Leary and Elliott Saddled them with dud deals.

Kearney, Bennettt have a vested interest in making it look like their predecessors have hamstrung their efforts.

Same stories repeated.

darkbloom

Juniors
A) I'm just trust the right people. Will it be exact? probably not...but will it be close...probably.
B) I'm not re-hashing it. If u want to get an idea...do the search
C) Did I say they were good signings? Only thing I ever said was they are cap-manageable contracts.

You have offered nothing that gives credibility to your assertions. I was hoping that you would.

Big Mick

Referee
You have offered nothing that gives credibility to your assertions. I was hoping that you would.

Why would I reveal sources on here? So they don't talk to me again?

I've been pretty good with my track record. I'll live, thanks.

Choose to believe it or not. Means nothing to me.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
I have a couple of sources myself and I would never remotely divulge cluses as to there identities. Obviously they would never talk to me again if I did.

My sources have made it known it has long been an issue Michael Jennings he has a low 'pain' threshold and we have all seen evidence of this over recent seasons if not again on the weekend just gone.

I can't help but feeling Michael's time at the Panthers is coming to an end. I only hope when we do release him we do not pay too much of his contract to which ever club he end's up going too. There is simply no club who would be willing to pay him what he is reputably on at the Panthers so it is possible we will have to agree to pay some of his contract if and when he leaves us.

darkbloom

Juniors
Yes I can see how it would be important to keep your sources hidden.

There is a lot of spin coming out of the club.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sorry to say but without Jennings it's a very unwatchable line up.

Granted Daniella / Tighe not exactly likely to strike fear into our opposition.

Geoff Daniella unfortunately has never quite been NRL standard either first time round with us or at the Tigers where he was on the fringe and only selected when injuries struck.

Brad Tighe is somewhat of an enigma in so much as he does have pace but again is not a centre of true NRL quality and at best an average winger.

When I think of what we (Panthers) may be paying Michael Jennings and what we have been given in terms of performances in return I can't help but think let him go. Other players in the NRL on similar money (Sandow aside) give value for money, sadly, Michael Jennings has not since he got his new contract a year or two back.

Free up the cash and let's start again however sad that may be in the short term.

Spot On

Coach
I was told by a Panther supporter today that Jennings was on 650K. I thought it was bullshit. NRL on Fox has just said his contract would see him earn 700K toward the end of it as it has been heavily backended.

abpanther

Staff member
I agree with Kilkenny, sure Jennings is nice to watch and all that, but i don't think he has had any impact on our clubs performance in recent years and to me he is a front runner, doesn't like it when the going gets tough

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Here is my take:

Leary, Elliott had a vested interest in making Richo out to have made dud deals.

Gould, Clearly Have a vested interest in making out Leary and Elliott Saddled them with dud deals.

Kearney, Bennettt have a vested interest in making it look like their predecessors have hamstrung their efforts.

Same stories repeated.

Bingo!!!

The other point no one has picked up on yet is why the contracts are back ended. It wasn't to get the club in any salary cap debacle but rather the players contracts increase in line with the anticipated increase of both the NRL club grants and the raising of the salary cap. The player managers who negotiated these deals knew what they were doing and as I understand it have done so for their other players at other clubs.

Salary cap issues will be plenty this year given just how many players they've had to use on a full cap. The real issue there becomes why are Penrith so injured? What have the "new" training staff done to make the players so vulnerable to injury both on the field during the games and at training?? Answer that and some of these issues will start to take care of themselves.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I agree with Kilkenny, sure Jennings is nice to watch and all that, but i don't think he has had any impact on our clubs performance in recent years and to me he is a front runner, doesn't like it when the going gets tough

Jennings took over where Pritchard left off.

abpanther

Staff member
Jennings has been injury prone since he entered first grade, seems to pick up an injury every time he makes a tackle

broncos2010

Juniors
You guys are kidding yourself's big time. Jennings is one of the premier centres in the game and when you see what he does with his quick foot work and speed on the field and what he has done for you guys this year already when he has been on the field he is the only weapon you guys have in attack.He is amazing to watch in attack and yes he is not that great at defending but he is your marquee player and without him penrith has nothing.I am pretty sure Daniella is not going to make the other team scared with his skill lol

age.s

First Grade
You guys are kidding yourself's big time. Jennings is one of the premier centres in the game and when you see what he does with his quick foot work and speed on the field and what he has done for you guys this year already when he has been on the field he is the only weapon you guys have in attack.He is amazing to watch in attack and yes he is not that great at defending but he is your marquee player and without him penrith has nothing.I am pretty sure Daniella is not going to make the other team scared with his skill lol

Jennings is a very good player, but he's probably around our third best player at this point and has been inconsistent and injury prone for years. I hope we keep him, but if his head and heart aren't in it I'd prefer the enormous amount of money we're spending on his contract be put to better use. Of course above all that I'd like for his head and heart to get into shape, but that hasn't been happening for a while now. How long are we supposed to wait?

franklin2323

Immortal
Did anyone read Big League yet? Page 6 has an interview with Jennings. Sorry can't find an online link.

Apparently he did his shoulder in warmups & was given the chance to pull out. He played to help the team out. He then says the easy thing to do was pull out & be 100% this week & play Origin. He didn't want to let the boys down so played.

Said Ivan picks the team so he will play for Windsor if told to. doesn't think his attitude is wrong.

Seems to me there's a miscommunication somewhere. Hopefully it's sorted. Maybe Cleary wasn't told of the injury & thinks his soft.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah. I will struggle to motivate myself to go. No Jennings. No Gordon. Not even Walsh's kicks to create something. Burns at 7 :lol::lol:
We've looked better in attack without Walsh on the field then with him out there. We went something like 202 minutes without scoring a point while he was on the field. He then had nothing to do with scoring that try, and missed the goal to turn it into a 6 pointer.

Not long after that he got injured, and in the game and a half since then we've scored 4 tries. So even with Burns playing out of position our attack has improved since Walsh hasn't played.